orc- fire ship — REJECTED

Sunrise Samurai

orc- fire ship — REJECTED

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

The orcs may not be too bright, but one ship can be set ablaze and rammed into another easily enough. Identical stats and cost as any normal orc transport ship, but permanantly burning, so it will slowly die, and has the same attack as the assassin. In other words, it will ram and instantly kill anything it attacks, though it can be attacked and destroyed before it gets there if a player tries hard enough. The image should be easy enough even, just add flames to the orc transport.
The glorious sun rises again
draakjee

Re: orc- fire ship

Post by draakjee »

I like the idea of a fireship, but the stats should be different:
-first of all, you can't control the ship as soon as it's set on fire. (you can place an orc on board, he will die. And sails are also useless because they are burning). So you should have little control when it's on fire. So maybe movement speed should only be 2 or something like that. If i recall, the Orc-Dragon can only be moved by a waypoint, we could also use that here?
The second point: a fireship can't exist forever, sooner or later the whole ship is burned away. So maybe it should vanish after 5-10 turns

And maybe there could be 2 ways to built a fireship: You could just built a cheap fireship (2-3 turns) right away in a TC or Dock. Or you could set an existing orc transportship on fire, because the ship is already heavily damaged. (so the transportship would die anyway)
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Ever heard of how stupid orcs and goblins are known to be? They can find individuals willing to man the ship, and probably convince them they will have rich rewards when they sail back. Vanishing 5 could probably work better to show burning than having the permanent burning effect made like I said. Having too low movement makes it impossible to catch other ships, so can't drop it by more than 1-2 points. I don't like the idea of letting existing ships turn to this, as this would let them keep an army of these in reserve waiting to be lit.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

This is to make an idea of how much a goblin cares for his life :D
Age of Fantasy design leader
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

lol Alex :P

Ok, it's true, 1 stupid orc could remain on board to control the ship.
btw: in medieval battles they often changed old and worn out ships into fireships
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I would say that apart from maybe 1-2 more transports orcs do not need more ships.

Rejected.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Orcish Units, Buildings”