Unit: Werewolf (Humans)

Savra

Re: Unit: Werewolf (Humans)

Post by Savra »

Give it the ability to see invisible, Orcs are getting a Barghast Goblin who can transform into a Barghast wolf, if you want you could look at it and see what this unit could have from there. It on the Hobgoblin, and Bugbear topic. If we keep with this though, then Lycanthropy and Lycan are back in the upcoming units.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

All im seeing is "Lets have this unit sit here for some more years"
The whole reason its not in is because of the complicated setting people want for this unit
And that should tell anyone for the time it sat here.
Don't see the problem and why it can't be a werewolf with an ability already in game
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Savra

Post by Savra »

Ok, basically what I mean is and it's stats and complete them in one spot with images.

Hermit:
Trains: Mage hut
Cost:4
Hp:40
Atk:8 (He just has a stick.)
Rng:1
Sight:3
Spd:2 Invisible
Arm:0
P.arm:0
Res:100%
Abilities:
Transform

Werewolf:
Hp:40
Atk:13
Act:2
Rng:1
Sight:5
Spd:4
Arm:2
P.arm:2
Res:100%
Abilities:
Transform
Howl: rng:3, look at Gnoll topic for the rest.
Bonuses: 50% bonus to infantry
Last edited by Savra on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Savra

Post by Savra »

With this it's easier to do, and won't take too long to add. I've updated the ready list with this.
The problem was mainly due to it all being spread out and not put into one place.

These stats make it a unit that, if not spotted quickly, can sneak into the enemy base and wreck more bacon then an assassin.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

You would need alot to do actual damage
At most this thing would set you back by 1 turn if your planning something in battle.
You step on this thing while invisible and that's 6 turns wasted
And what's its bonus?
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Savra

Post by Savra »

It would have bonus to infantry, it has the ability to pass through walls in hermit form. They are mainly meant to fight in a group with the bowl ability being the way it is. Might lower cost to 5 or 4?
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

4 at most
This unit is easily killable
No reason to make it expensive
Savra

Post by Savra »

Updated, that seems better.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well this sounds a bit more reasonable with the invisibility.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Yes, and he can dish out a lot of damage in an enemy base with max attack without bonuses being 26. Plus the howl ability that gives allies +1 to attack, and enemies within range get fear so it has an aoe spell too.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

A bit lost the line but.

1.no invisibility
2.the transform is cool and not complicate
3.not that img for Wolf form.
4.General already sent a test to Stratego.
5.its balanced for a 6.turn cost unit.
6.wolf fear/veteran power for Wolf.
7.transform can be done with new vanishing!
8.human form need normal stats
(I wait to get the reply and than will add em)
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

:|
Back to square one ehh?
Rip this unit
Savra

Post by Savra »

Invisibility gives this unit the ability to sneak into the enemy base and wreck hablo in werewolf form, easier to code. The vetraning feels like it might have a problem with the transformations. That's why I removed it and replaced it with Howl which gives allies a +1 to attack and inflict fear on all enemies within range. No need for the wolf fear aura, because the transformation of old had to do with the enemies vision and their would be no point to do it if the werewolf form is better. With invisibility the hermit form can slip right into the enemy base and attack and still do more then a assassin could.

Btw, that was Alexander's werewolf model.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Tankhead wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 am
Skelegonsans wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:57 am
Tankhead wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:47 am

Not too hard
Yea ok :roll: :|
Its been agreed its gonna be a simple werewolf

Requires new coding and No one wants to do that after 3 years of it sitting
That's why the zombie virus thing is on hold ( for a long time )
I'm sorry my dude, you might want to read the first parts of the thread, everyone wanted it to have the transformation thing. And now people are asking to remove it just because they don't want to WAIT? oh, please. :lol: It's not an impossible thing at all and someone will get to it eventually, it's much better than having a bland, boring unit that brings nothing new to the game and is just another unit with set numbers, an image and no special unique skill. :)
People waited long enough ( 3 years really??? )
People want more to main humans so they are getting it.
And no its not bland and boring you and other just want something that isn't gonna happen

Sorry but its remaining as a simple werewolf unit
well, fortunately only one person doesn't decide how a new concept will turn out. :) from what people are saying the main worry here is to make the transfomation have an actual use and that's understandable. but you're pretty much the ONLY person that's asking to remove the transformation thing which was something that was planned for this unit to have from the VERY BEGINNING before you even found this thread. I'm sorry, but just because you want something it doesn't mean it's gonna happen. :) pretty much everyone is just trying to improve and logically discuss over the unit's core idea, and i suggest you either do the same or don't even bother replying on this thread anymore. Sorry if I'm sounding blunt, I mean no offense at all, but you gotta take the facts, my dude.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Savra wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:07 pm Invisibility gives this unit the ability to sneak into the enemy base and wreck hablo in werewolf form, easier to code. The vetraning feels like it might have a problem with the transformations. That's why I removed it and replaced it with Howl which gives allies a +1 to attack and inflict fear on all enemies within range. No need for the wolf fear aura, because the transformation of old had to do with the enemies vision and their would be no point to do it if the werewolf form is better. With invisibility the hermit form can slip right into the enemy base and attack and still do more then a assassin could.

True, the veteraning idea is a little bit too complicate. That's why I have a pretty good idea for this new werewolf unit. Each of its forms will have a different use.

Lycanthrope (cost:4.) (recruitable at mage's hut only.) (Has the transform (werewolf) ability.) (counts as: infantry.)
hp 40
attack 18
armor 3/3
speed 3 (ground)
sight 6 (heightened senses because of werewolf blood)

Werewolf (cost: cannot be recruited.) (Has the transform (lycanthrope) ability and the eat corpse ability.) (Has invisibility (will be revealed when standing next to an enemy).) (counts as: heavy infantry(?).)
hp 40
attack 7
armor 0/0
actions 3/3
speed 5 (ground)
sight 7

as you can see the human form is better for head-to-head combat because it has higher armor and attack power. the werewolf form is better if you want to move around sneakily and a bit faster, and since it has a lower attack power and more actions it's more suited to pick on units with low armor/attack power so it will deal more damage and take less damage from counterattacks, since it has no armor it's not suited to face stronger units.

opinions?
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Skelegonsans wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:42 pm
Tankhead wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 am
Skelegonsans wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:57 am

I'm sorry my dude, you might want to read the first parts of the thread, everyone wanted it to have the transformation thing. And now people are asking to remove it just because they don't want to WAIT? oh, please. :lol: It's not an impossible thing at all and someone will get to it eventually, it's much better than having a bland, boring unit that brings nothing new to the game and is just another unit with set numbers, an image and no special unique skill. :)
People waited long enough ( 3 years really??? )
People want more to main humans so they are getting it.
And no its not bland and boring you and other just want something that isn't gonna happen

Sorry but its remaining as a simple werewolf unit
well, fortunately only one person doesn't decide how a new concept will turn out. :) from what people are saying the main worry here is to make the transfomation have an actual use and that's understandable. but you're pretty much the ONLY person that's asking to remove the transformation thing which was something that was planned for this unit to have from the VERY BEGINNING before you even found this thread. I'm sorry, but just because you want something it doesn't mean it's gonna happen. :) pretty much everyone is just trying to improve and logically discuss over the unit's core idea, and i suggest you either do the same or don't even bother replying on this thread anymore. Sorry if I'm sounding blunt, I mean no offense at all, but you gotta take the facts, my dude.
Oh no worries I wouldn't ever suggest a change of something so blunt If I was the only who thought that :)
Also the transformation without the use of anything special not in game yet I agree on so yes I like that idea
Savra

Post by Savra »

Skelegonsans wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:06 pm
Savra wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:07 pm Invisibility gives this unit the ability to sneak into the enemy base and wreck hablo in werewolf form, easier to code. The vetraning feels like it might have a problem with the transformations. That's why I removed it and replaced it with Howl which gives allies a +1 to attack and inflict fear on all enemies within range. No need for the wolf fear aura, because the transformation of old had to do with the enemies vision and their would be no point to do it if the werewolf form is better. With invisibility the hermit form can slip right into the enemy base and attack and still do more then a assassin could.

True, the veteraning idea is a little bit too complicate. That's why I have a pretty good idea for this new werewolf unit. Each of its forms will have a different use.

Lycanthrope (cost:4.) (recruitable at mage's hut only.) (Has the transform (werewolf) ability.) (counts as: infantry.)
hp 40
attack 18
armor 3/3
speed 3 (ground)
sight 6 (heightened senses because of werewolf blood)

Werewolf (cost: cannot be recruited.) (Has the transform (lycanthrope) ability and the eat corpse ability.) (Has invisibility (will be revealed when standing next to an enemy).) (counts as: heavy infantry(?).)
hp 40
attack 7
armor 0/0
actions 3/3
speed 5 (ground)
sight 7

as you can see the human form is better for head-to-head combat because it has higher armor and attack power. the werewolf form is better if you want to move around sneakily and a bit faster, and since it has a lower attack power and more actions it's more suited to pick on units with low armor/attack power so it will deal more damage and take less damage from counterattacks, since it has no armor it's not suited to face stronger units.

opinions?
Probably lower werewolfs actions to 2. And give it 1/1 armour. (Thick coat)
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

L.

Savra

Post by Savra »

Looks better.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

L.

Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Now we need a licantofy tech
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Licantofy tech

Cost 6 mage Hut only
(later I want to be stealable for undeads and use on neutrals)
Attachments
curse of blood moon WW tech 1.png
curse of blood moon WW tech 1.png (836 Bytes) Viewed 3456 times
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Well can we finally do this simplified?
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Think we can make it a werewolf only for now till don't have day-night circle
If gets implemented soon
Otherwise not.

I wanna know the vanishing transform is working or not?
Brave?

I'll write the actual stats soon.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Ok so
This stats must be regardless of transform.

Cost 6 - mage Hut after research.

Hp 42.
Attak 14
Action/turn 2
Range 1
(Bonus to vampires 50%)
Arm 4/4
Sight 6
Speed 5-6(mountain walk 2)
Spell res 50%

There are 3 questions left

1.Add veteran or not
If yes wich?
Alternative Bloodlust

2.what is counting
Infantry - will be weak to cav.. :(
May as new classified as caster
Or other?
Any other bonus..?
May add dodges 30%
Has quick reflexes

4.i renounced to "Wolf fear " since w won't have beastman any soon
May stg else..
Team hunting
Howl
Self heal
Sees stealth?
Ragnar

Werewolf

Post by Ragnar »

somewhere there were already these topics about werewolves and lycans, is it time to add something from the werewolf theme
makazuwr32

Re: Werewolf

Post by makazuwr32 »

When proper image will be ready.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Images are done, no one have decided to go onward.
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

General Brave wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:53 pm Images are done, no one have decided to go onward.
that is, no one wanted to do statistics or json
Savra

Post by Savra »

Well, those are done. But I think their was too much controversy on it.

But if it's any consolation, if you read what is considered to be a werewolf, technically anyone who can turn into a wolf would be considered a werewolf, if you want one for undead their is a type of werewolf that is born from the dead of a battlefield and can only be defeated if you cut the head off the corpse that becomes it at night. Some vampires have also been considered to be werewolves as well because of the fact that they can turn into wolves. The werewolf everyone is thinking about here though is just only one variant of the many.

They weren't all weak to silver bullets as well either.

Return to “Human”