Savra wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:55 pm
makazuwr32 wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:19 am
Watcher looks more like mix of demonic look, hi-tech and alien. And definately not as ghost in the armor.
As for phantom minion i just don't like look of it (visual) - it looks like hobbit armor. Sauron's hobbit in armor.
And also i removed both of them because conjurer this way had too much spells: 2 summons, 3 damaging spells, 1 buff spell + first summon with a bit too good stats while other summon adds 3 more abilities (in total 9 abilities for 8 turn cost unit! A bit TOO much!!!).
I can understand removing some spells. But remember the mage has 6 spells for a 5 turn unit, and from what I've seen undead are supposed to be better spell casters because it makes more sense for them to be it. Not fav masters. The phantom minion was supposed to be a defender that wasn't supposed to be overly strong plus I suggested a halfling imperial anyway and this could be a possessed armour of one. That's temporary.
I'm simpler terms it's like my gnoll gaurdian only with less stats and vanishing since you can get more of these units with more spells unlike me who split it to compensate the other units stats.(no that's not a complaint, just stating I understand your reasoning.
1. Mage of humans cost 6 turns and his best spell needs another 6 turns for research.
And mage also has 2 almost useless abilities (i never saw them used) - disarmor and disenchant. First one is useless because 1. Many units have high spell resist. 2. Your mage on open field will die on next turn if enemy has any good ranged units. And second ability is not so useful because 2 turn healers have that as well.
2. Mage himself is much weaker than phantom conjurer and can die from ranged units extremly easy. This one will live for pretty long time and annoy your enemies.
If i will have a choice what caster i want to get (for example on custom map) - human mage or phantom conjurer of my suggestion - i will choose phantom conjurer because of 2 offencive spells, self healing from one of them, good support (+2/+2 armor is good) and much better survivability.
3. Imperial halfling sounds like "baby troll" - i can't imagine it as useful fighting force; also sounds awful (will burn away from 1-2 stacks easily, will have worse stats than normal orc for same cost).
4. Phantom minion is useless as well with my spells revamp because it is much better to use ofrencive spell usually for them rather than that weakling and also please don't forget than undeads will get (hopefully) soon even more summoners (from corpses or from units around) so this is also reason why i don't want conjurer to have summon.
5. Max limit of abilities (apart from shapeshifting for druids) is 6 including abilities of summons + 1 aura.
Lynx Shafir wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:47 pm
Lower max spell res to 60-80%, (u can't even slow them - very hard to 3 race now that decreased cost)!
Now really looks as sub race (or a bunch of walking armores)..
1. Phantoms will be only garrison and mansion (maybe, later) units only. Both buildings are costly.
2. Their stats are weakened as well so it will be easier a bit to kill them without any spells.
3. They are counterpart of imperials and those have 100% spell resist as well.
4. Undeads need some high spell resist units with good stats for them (apart from special units like death knight and that rider with styche)
5. As for slowing itself:
Humans don't need to slow them down - they need to stop them with their imperials and drake knights;
Elves can swarm them with their archers and with sentinels (after implementation);
Dwarves will have much better armor so phantoms won't be a problem for them even without slowing;
Orcs have lots of giants, uruks (and they cost 3 turns!) and great 4 turn cost master wolf riders which will be superior against nearly all phantoms (exept of pikeman and bull knight).