Page 1 of 1

Fairy expansion

Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:42 am
by Sunrise Samurai
A few ideas for making fairies a bigger subdivision of the elves. Nothing too big, just as annoying as mosquitoes.
First, a building:
Fairy circle (image is just a mushroom circle.
Hp:20
Build time: 4 turns
Holds 2 units, same as any other factory.
Magic resistance: 100% (immunity to magic attack s like fireball)
Aura: magic circle (range 1-2, significantly raises magic resistance.)

Basic factory building for the most part, but trying something new with the aura and spell resistance. Probably useless, since if you're that close to a factory you destroy it, not try to cast spells on things, though it forces humans to use real siege weapons or swordsmen again.

Faerie evasion: 3 level tech, 4/6/8 cost, gives 15/30/45% to all dodge​ chances for all fairies. For this reason no fairy will ever have much health, lest it become a tank.

Fairy warrior
3 cost
Hp: 8
Attack: 5
Range: 1
Speed: 6, flying
Sight: 8
Armor: 0/2
Base dodge: 15%
Spell resistance: 75%

With luck, it might survive a hit from one arrow if the archer or tower isn't upgraded, but not a second. Fully upgraded, 60% dodge is it's only hope for survival, though 15% base can make it annoying. Their magical nature gives them bonus damage against mage units, plus a good chance of escaping harmful magic, so they can 2 shot most mages/shamans.

Fairy healer
Hp: 5
Cost: 5
Attack: 0
Heal rate: 5
Armor: 0
Spell resistance: 80%
Aura: healing (as elf wizard)
Spells: cleanse (removes harmful effects), heal, second chance (sacrifice self to give 'convert' chance' status to ally) (second chance status: cannot be removed by disenchant​, since you had to sacrifice 5 turns production for it. When this unit would die, heal it to full and remove all statuses, including this one, from it.)

Yes, this is a shameless Zelda rip. On death you heal back to full from the second chance skill. In practice, it's basically the opposite of an assassin. Use this to protect uber valuable units from death, but only if they cost 5 or more to be worth sacrificing the healer

Anyone have any suggestions, comments, or further ideas?

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:58 pm
by LordOfAles
Fairy dust thrower

Range:3
Cost:5
Abilities:Enemy has "slowing" when hit
Armor:0/0
Hp:5
Speed:5,flying
Sight:9
Spell resistance:75%
Base dodge:10%
Power:3

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:44 pm
by Sunrise Samurai
Interesting. That effect would just be the "lighting weapon" already programmed. What would the attack power be?

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:27 pm
by LordOfAles
forgot lol

Power:3

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:12 pm
by Sunrise Samurai
Ok. It does seem like 5 cost would be a bit expensive for the slowing effect, compared to elf druids that can do that and more. The good part is that it bypasses resistance. Maybe give 2 actions and drop the attack power to 1, so it can slow 2 enemies at a time.

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:25 pm
by Puss_in_Boots
I think cost 3 would be more suitable, if they cannot summon or buff friendlies.

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:40 pm
by LordOfAles
Damn Puss you always find sth wrong lol :lol:

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:42 pm
by LordOfAles
Sunrise Samurai wrote:Ok. It does seem like 5 cost would be a bit expensive for the slowing effect, compared to elf druids that can do that and more. The good part is that it bypasses resistance. Maybe give 2 actions and drop the attack power to 1, so it can slow 2 enemies at a time.
Attack power 2,action per turn 2,cost 4

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:07 pm
by Puss_in_Boots
But it's only purpose is to slow things down, which most other elven casters can do as well. They are pretty fragile too.

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:11 pm
by Puss_in_Boots
LordOfAles wrote:Damn Puss you always find sth wrong lol :lol:
As a forumer it's my duty to argue my opinion. 8-)

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:35 pm
by Sunrise Samurai
I would ask that you keep your language civil. We all have opinions, and are free to express them. We're doing good putting out ideas here, and I like that. Just please, no cursing. And lets not attack each other. If we disagree, a good argument makes a better thought out idea, so long as it doesn't become a flame war.

Now, I do think 3 cost is a bit more appropriate, but 4 might still work, as long as we can improve the dodge chance to make it harder to kill.

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:00 pm
by LordOfAles
Puss_in_Boots wrote:
LordOfAles wrote:Damn Puss you always find sth wrong lol :lol:
As a forumer it's my duty to argue my opinion. 8-)
Good point man

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:01 pm
by LordOfAles
Sunrise Samurai wrote:I would ask that you keep your language civil. We all have opinions, and are free to express them. We're doing good putting out ideas here, and I like that. Just please, no cursing. And lets not attack each other. If we disagree, a good argument makes a better thought out idea, so long as it doesn't become a flame war.
Im very aware of that,but just said Puss is funny :)

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:02 pm
by LordOfAles
Base dodge:25%

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:46 pm
by Sunrise Samurai
I more meant after the upgrades are researched. Base 10 after gaining the 45 from upgrades would total 55%. This makes less than half of attacks would hit it.

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:02 am
by LordOfAles
Thats a fairy after all,try to hit butterfly with a stick

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:03 am
by LordOfAles
Hp:5->3

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:03 pm
by Sunrise Samurai
LordOfAles wrote:Thats a fairy after all,try to hit butterfly with a stick
This is exactly why I was thinking the upgrades for 45% extra dodge for them. They are small, but horridly annoying. And for being flying, grounded melee would need to hit 5 times. That's something close to 10 attacks if exactly half miss, which is why it's upgrades and not natural chance. I'm figuring 55% after base + upgrades is more reasonable​ than 70%

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:15 pm
by Sunrise Samurai
Also:
Fairy worker
Cost 4
Hp: 5
Power: 0
Mend rate: 5
Building range: 3 (can build/repair at a distance, via magic)
Movement: 4 (flying)
Dodge chance: 15%
Spell resistance: 75%

It's more expensive than ent worker, for a lower mend rate, but the fact is that it can build at a short range, increasing the number of workers that can build at a time, plus the ability to fly means it can get places much more quickly than other workers. It's also more likely to survive on the battlefield, despite the lower health, due to flight and dodging. This makes it great to heal ents

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:20 pm
by LordOfAles
Sunrise Samurai wrote:
LordOfAles wrote:Thats a fairy after all,try to hit butterfly with a stick
This is exactly why I was thinking the upgrades for 45% extra dodge for them. They are small, but horridly annoying. And for being flying, grounded melee would need to hit 5 times. That's something close to 10 attacks if exactly half miss, which is why it's upgrades and not natural chance. I'm figuring 55% after base + upgrades is more reasonable​ than 70%
Good point! :)

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:36 am
by Lynx Shafir
I like your fairy line Sunrise so here is my suggestion :
Fairy Queen
Hp 12-15
Atk 4(mellee)
Arm 2/1
Speed 4
Sight 6
Spell res 100%
Cost:5-6 turns
Start dodge 10%
Spells :Aura (gives +1atk,+1arm to ally fairies
2.Magic arrow
3.White flame (tech):continously magic burning an enemy and attached tiles , dmg 5-8/turn, while caster can't move. Damages only living... and undead :lol: (no structures) Range 8
Buildable in Great tree
3times bigger than normal fairy, has a staff and of course a crown.
What do you think?

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:53 pm
by godOfKings
is it fairy godmother?

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:45 pm
by Lynx Shafir
Yes... Similar I think. Any suggestion?

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:52 pm
by General Brave
Don't see anything wrong with it.

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 pm
by makazuwr32
Personally i don't like idea of fairy expancion.

1. Flight: they will be able or not to capture tc's? If not then they mostly don't even needed. But if they could than this will even more increase speed of expancion for elves which is already highest and this will be op.

2. High cost. Just because why will i train fairy fighter for 3 turns when i can train quick archer for same amount if they can't capture tc's? If they could than they will be op.
Yes they have dodge and some intresting abilities but still they pretty useless for their cost exept healer with 5 cost. This one is by far the most useful unit from all pack for sentinels and ents.

3. Buildable as i see right now in thay special building only. This means if counting slow building rates of elves they will come in game pretty late when enemy can get for example cannon fodder for orcs or druid for elves.
If they will be buildable in tc than this will be too op for elven expancion because they will have this way only flying tc unit which can capture tc (if they could) or still completely useless units just because better to make craftsman for archer and armor upgrades.

So as for me they are not so good designed units.

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:40 pm
by General Brave
makazuwr32 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 pm
Personally i don't like idea of fairy expancion.

1. Flight: they will be able or not to capture tc's? If not then they mostly don't even needed. But if they could than this will even more increase speed of expancion for elves which is already highest and this will be op.

2. High cost. Just because why will i train fairy fighter for 3 turns when i can train quick archer for same amount if they can't capture tc's? If they could than they will be op.
Yes they have dodge and some intresting abilities but still they pretty useless for their cost exept healer with 5 cost. This one is by far the most useful unit from all pack for sentinels and ents.

3. Buildable as i see right now in thay special building only. This means if counting slow building rates of elves they will come in game pretty late when enemy can get for example cannon fodder for orcs or druid for elves.
If they will be buildable in tc than this will be too op for elven expancion because they will have this way only flying tc unit which can capture tc (if they could) or still completely useless units just because better to make craftsman for archer and armor upgrades.

So as for me they are not so good designed units.
You do have some point. If there were a bit cheaper or maybe able to capture, there will be a bit better.

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:18 am
by Lynx Shafir
I must Aggree ,

Mak is right,
in this way they are useless,

but still want some
Would be nice for campaigns.
.
Cost 2-3 turns max
They low attack don't wort too built instead of elven Archer so adding same elemental attacks whit high bonus to same current and future creatures cud solve this. (still weaker hp with dodge)
Wat about my FAIRY QUEEN?!
She needs an army to command ;)

Re: Fairy expansion

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:23 pm
by Lynx Shafir
Mak, ur channeling spell is perfect for "White flame" skill - Fairy Queen