Chu-ko-nu Upgrade

Badnorth

Chu-ko-nu Upgrade

Post by Badnorth »

I see that there is already a yumi archer which is very similar to chu-ko-nu since both has 2 actions. I propose an upgrade called Armoured Chu-ko-nu, an upgrade which adds Hp and armor to the unit.
Tech cost: 5
Researched at : Archery range
Armoured Chu-ko-nu
Cost: 3
Hp: 15 -> 18
Att: 5 -> 5
Rng: 5 -> 5
Armor: 0/0 -> 1/1
Spd: 3
Sight: 5
Actions: 2
Bonuses:
50% Light foot melee
50% Medium foot melee
50% Flying
Last edited by Badnorth on Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Badnorth

Re: Chu-ko-nu Upgrade

Post by Badnorth »

Armored ver of chukonu.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Updated
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Historically the chinese upgraded it by adding poison on the arrows because the chu ko nu is a weaker crossbow. It sacrifices dmg for RoF so no dmg upgrades wait does it gets archer dmg upgrades? It should only get uograded once or maybe even not cause my idea is add an upgrade that makes it too poison tipped ch Chu ko nu then maybe an upgrade to make it to an armoured poison tipped chu ko nu or just have the poison as a researchable tech that gives chu ko nu poison weapon and not upgrade to a new unit amd its only unit upgrade is the armoured one.
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Updated once more.
I agree for the no dmg increase.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I will say that nobody uses chu ko nu. Yumi archer is already superior now that he's here. They have similarities, but Yumi archer is more superior imo. I never saw a player in multi using chu ko nu.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

SirPat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:24 am Historically the chinese upgraded it by adding poison on the arrows because the chu ko nu is a weaker crossbow. It sacrifices dmg for RoF so no dmg upgrades wait does it gets archer dmg upgrades? It should only get uograded once or maybe even not cause my idea is add an upgrade that makes it too poison tipped ch Chu ko nu then maybe an upgrade to make it to an armoured poison tipped chu ko nu or just have the poison as a researchable tech that gives chu ko nu poison weapon and not upgrade to a new unit amd its only unit upgrade is the armoured one.
Well giving a 2action unit poison would be pretty OP in AoS, at least the poison is Last5,-4hp/turn.
Armoured chu ko nu is better. Armour 1/3
QuadrupoleStrat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:31 am I will say that nobody uses chu ko nu. Yumi archer is already superior now that he's here. They have similarities, but Yumi archer is more superior imo. I never saw a player in multi using chu ko nu.
well new players are likely to buy chu ko nu before yumi and i have seen certain newcomers.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

And if increasing dmg is not acceptable, an increase in rng in considerable.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

SirPat

Post by SirPat »

P
Last edited by SirPat on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:13 am And if increasing dmg is not acceptable, an increase in rng in considerable.
No increase range for me is unnaceptable too cause thats like recalibrating the crossbow to fire more force which increases dmg and range so only range is like increase crossbow force but weaken shot which makes no sense to do. And about the poison itll be a very expensive tech for the chukonu and no change in stats only add poison weapon effect but we can have a heavy version but only adds hp and armor/p.armor. And besides this will be its transitional tech that changes its use and with changes like he can only get master archer upgrade and not the first smith upgrade itll make him weak and investing on the very expensive poisoned tipps tech will make the unit powerful enough too fight until late game but you will suffer from early game cause my idea is it is researchable at advancement center only and itll need the poison tech of the herbalist(maybe) so if you want these poisonous chu ko nu in mid game you would have to sacrifice an advancement center for that poison tipps tech

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Well if poison is necessary, we can think of a normal -4hp poison(2) which could be quite reasonable. Even though 2 shots of poison in game is not appreciable. 👽
Or maybe a -2hp poison(2) isn't bad much. @endru142 agrees if -2 hp poison can be implemented.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Weaker poison? Could be a fine addition for repeating crossbow.
It needs a long research turn, I'd say - 6 turns at advancement centre. But 5 is also acceptable since the poison is weak.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:31 am Well if poison is necessary ...
Or maybe a -2hp poison(2) isn't bad. if -2 hp poison can be implemented.
That numbers seems finely fitting.
And it easily can be implemented.
Age of Strategy design leader
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Poisoned ammo for Chu-ko-nu.
Researched at: Advancement centre
Tech cost: 5
Eff: -2hp per turn for 2turns.
Attachments
ARROA.png
ARROA.png (655 Bytes) Viewed 1899 times
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I might consider using chu-ko-nu if ir has poisoned ammo.
Or, we could do what SirPat said. Adding poison variant for chu-ko-nu.
It will have the same stats but with poisoned attacks and a 1turn higher cost than its original version. It won't have armoured version to make its ancestor unique. Like poison archer and poison horse archer.
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Yeah having them as 2 seperate units makes it fair.
So itll be 4 turn cost and same stats but with poison weapon.

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

Change name to khan chu ko nu,better no?
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
SirPat

Post by SirPat »

Why khan?

Morningwarrior

Post by Morningwarrior »

chu ko nu are chines,mongols are behind of all china story,conqueror much Teritoryes and...anyway is just for the name i do no i have think for a excuse.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!

Return to “Unit - ranged (like archers)”