Axe Thrower IMPLEMENTED

samuelch

Axe Thrower IMPLEMENTED

Post by samuelch »

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5225
The stats will be similar to this, but they can they have more hp, armor, and bonus against buildings. Cost=3 turns.
They can withstand enemies in melee for more turns and throw their Francisca (the name of the axe) to their enemies.
makazuwr32

Re: Franks Throwing Axeman

Post by makazuwr32 »

Bonuses only to buildings? Range must be no more that 4.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Isn't this already the axeman?
Thanks!
Josh
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

This one has bonus against buildings and more hp and armor.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

May b for 3 turn cost they can have double action with 8 atk and 3 range, most 3 turn infantries deal more than 15 damage, this will b the same with a little reduced damage (16 atk) and a little more range, (by the way I don't like the idea of units dealing more than 20 damage to buildings to have more than 3 range)

So it shall b a short ranged heavy hitter dealing almost the same damage as other 3 turn melee infantries
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Here's my stat suggestion:
Cost 3
HP 18
Atk 7
Armour 0/0
Range 3
Speed 3
Sight 4
Action 2
Spell resist 0%
Last edited by godOfKings on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I'd rather we adjust the current axe thrower instead of making another version of it. This version is looking like strong competition for hatamoto, having only slightly less strength to account for the range.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Makazwur is adjusting the stats of the older axe thrower, a 2 turn unit with 7 atk and 17 HP as well as 4 range, (not that I m particularly fond of increase in range, even slingshooter with same range and 8 atk has a miss chance)

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5225#p57318
makazuwr32 wrote:Cost 3 turns (still trainable at barracks)
Hp - 17 (by 1 less than swordman, +3 after upgrade)
Attack - 6-7 (melee type, 50-100% bonus to all living targets (infantries, archers, cavalry, but not chariots, elephants) and ignores armor at range of 2, gains 8 attack after upgrade)
Has additional 20% chance to miss for each point of speed higher than 3 (after upgrade that chanse lowered to 10% per each point of speed higher than 3)
Range - 4 (stays same after upgrade)
Armor - 0
P.Armor - 0 (gains +1 after upgrade)
Actions/turn - 1 (gains +1 after upgrade)
Speed - 3
Sight - 6
still counts as infantry for archers.

So it will become something like archer on steroids when enemy close but without increasing range from blacksmith
makazuwr32 wrote:Also one more suggestion - he can't counterattack.
Normal axeman would become completely different unit.
Forget about bonuses to building for him.

godOfKings wrote:Here's my stat suggestion:
Cost 3
HP 20
Atk 7
Armour 0/0
Range 3
Speed 3
Sight 4
Action 2
Spell resist 0%
I suggest to lower hp by 2 but give 1 point of p.armor him.
Also will he be affected by blacksmith upgrades?
If no than we can add 1 damage.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Y should throwing axe units have p.armor? They r not wearing anything protective against pierce atks, and they should b lightly armored and flexible to b able to throw axes properly, and they should get blacksmith upgrades, but sword mastery upgrade with no increase in range

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Most 3 turn infantry have higher than 20 HP and this unit is based on infantry with bonus against buildings, also since it has double action the unit should b wielding two throwing axes instead of a shield

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

godOfKings wrote:Most 3 turn infantry have higher than 20 HP and this unit is based on infantry with bonus against buildings, also since it has double action the unit should b wielding two throwing axes instead of a shield
yes but they don't have any range. they are melee.
godOfKings wrote:Y should throwing axe units have p.armor? They r not wearing anything protective against pierce atks, and they should b lightly armored and flexible to b able to throw axes properly, and they should get blacksmith upgrades, but sword mastery upgrade with no increase in range
P.armor could be as just better armor - chain armor (hauberk) for example because it has both flexibility and at the same time good against arrows.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I still don't think it needs p.armor, having normal blacksmith infantry armor upgrades is enough

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Franks Throwing Axeman ACCEPTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

accepted please someone make json for it - thanks!

Return to “Unit - ranged (like archers)”