New building- Citadel

Hardeep

New building- Citadel

Post by Hardeep »

A very tall tower like thing.
Can only build one citadel for every 2 completed castles (not sure if completion part is implementable :? )
Can train non siege castle units and research all TC techs
Not sure on stats but I think it should have a high build time and be very strong defensively, but have disproportionate weakness against battering rams

Any suggestions/thoughts?
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: New building- Citadel

Post by DoomCarrot »

The one for every two castle thing is kind of weird imo, but otherwise I like it!
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

Yeah but I don't want the game to be flooded with them, so it needs to be regulated by something other than TCs
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Hardeep wrote:Yeah but I don't want the game to be flooded with them, so it needs to be regulated by something other than TCs
Maybe only one per player (or 10 tc or so)?
Thanks!
Josh
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

That might work
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

A citadel is the core fortified area of a town or city. It may be a fortress, castle, or fortified center.[1] The term is a diminutive of "city" and thus means "little city", so called because it is a smaller part of the city of which it is the defensive core.

In a fortification with bastions, the citadel is the strongest part of the system, sometimes well inside the outer walls and bastions, but often forming part of the outer wall for the sake of economy. It is positioned to be the last line of defense, should the enemy breach the other components of the fortification system. A citadel is also a term of the third part of a medieval castle, with higher walls than the rest. It was to be the last line of defense before the keep itself.

This is where I found this

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citadel

I hope this helps
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

Just a suggestion but I think it could be a cross between a town center and a keep.
Possible a upgraded version have bastions so it could attack back and limit it by make this upgrade like the church to cathedral.

If I was to make a citadel in a "zoomed in" form on map editor, I'd make wall or gates to surrounding a town center and debate if I'd want small towers at the corners.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hm, that info makes it sound awfully similar to a castle. :?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

It would be a more defensible castle. A secondary base of operations for wartime strategies. So I love the idea. Especially against a siege of unlimited army.

Return to “Structures”