announce changes in stats

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
godOfKings

announce changes in stats

Post by godOfKings »

Sometimes I see that some stats of units are changed suddenly (ex. rangers speed 3, camel fear no longer reduces armour, templar heal rate increase to 7 from 5, maceman atk is 17 not 16) if the stats of units are changed suddenly there should b an announcement so that it won't happen that I remember something about a unit and play accordingly but then I see it does something different and my whole strategy is messed up, the announcement could b a different announcement (not the version update) like
"unit stats changed"
1/1/2011
Swordsman : atk 8 to atk 9
Archer : range 4 to range 5
Camel fear: armour -1/-1 to armour 0/0
2/2/2011

So that it would help me keep track of any new changes that r made , the game doesnt have to b THAT much vague
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOfAles

Re: announce changes in stats

Post by LordOfAles »

Cmon its not that bad! ;)

I was never bothered by this before, but this would be useful for some people (for example you)

I dont think this would be a problem (lol only thing i would be bothered with is the space it would take xD)
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

camel fear changed???
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I think all changes made for balancing are marked in the update announcements.

I don't remember that camel fear ever changed though
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Indeed it no longer reduces armour as it used to, I remember playing with stratego when both this affect became weaker and my rangers movement was reduced to 3 from 5 and I didn't get any announcement about these changes, I was so frustrated :evil:
@Lordofales, well I dont know about u but when I attack I always calculate total damage the unit is likely to take, and I make sure to kill an enemy unit in my mind before really attacking it in game, I m that much hardcore :lol: :lol: so ya I need to know and remember stats about every unit
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Okay I was wrong, I didn't know stratego upgraded cavalry armour to +2 so when I saw armour was still +1 after debuff I thought armour didn't get reduced, sry for the misunderstanding :?
But i was still right about ranger speed though

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I dont remenber changing that either:)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

But speed is 3 when it used b 5 without hiding ranger, when ranger is hidden speed is still 2 and although 3 speed is more fair and logical I still should have gotten some kinds of announcement to know when it was changed ( I made rangers in the tc that was far behind because I thought it could easily reach front line with 5 movement but then speed became 3 and I had to waste more turns to bring it close when I could make another in front TCS and make a faster unit in the far away tc)

Return to “Gameplay & UI”