Recording games

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
TheBluePhoenix

Recording games

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I think the game should be able to record every game in the same way as the chess moves are recorded, as aos is gridded too. After the game , each player should have an option to download the log . If he refuses the log is automatically deleted. It will be useful to record the battles which are important and useful. Then we can maybe develop a software which automatically recreates the game and creates a video postable on any site for public display.. we may even make a library of the greatest battles of aos!!!
Hows it ??
I think it will be useful ...
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Midonik

Re: Recording games

Post by Midonik »

I think it can be hard to make. But I not prgramer. Daniel?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I can finlly learn the tactics of my enemys :twisted:
Epic Gamer Moment!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Theres no hurry, and btw i think the log thing can be implemented very soon and so all important , games can be saved till the video making process is implemented
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

superstrijder15

Post by superstrijder15 »

I think this is a really good idea, also for posting multiplayer tournaments
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

Great idea. Though id imagine it would be difficult to implement. But that's just an uneducated guess.
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Dev,coolguy,patroid,doom and even hardeep what do you all think of this?

MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

hmmm. thats cool idea, i think it is hard to make it.... but i like this idea
:P
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes i really like it too, i would emrace it ! I wish we have it already and all the coding would be already done :) :) :)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Hahaha got it xD
Age of Fantasy design leader
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

btw, how about AoA Age of Alert?
viewforum.php?f=91
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:yes i really like it too, i would emrace it ! I wish we have it already and all the coding would be already done :) :) :)
So true

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

TheBluePhoenix wrote: even hardeep
I agree that Hardeep is just barely worthy of entering such a discussion. :lol:

Anyways, I think this idea is very cool, but I have no idea how it would work. It sounds like an awful lot of work for Daniel, but if he made this I would be very happy. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

DoomCarrot wrote:
TheBluePhoenix wrote: even hardeep
I agree that Hardeep is just barely worthy of entering such a discussion. :lol:

Anyways, I think this idea is very cool, but I have no idea how it would work. It sounds like an awful lot of work for Daniel, but if he made this I would be very happy. :)
I dont think this is much work- the system must already be locating each move before it is being done. We just need to record and save it. Hopefully...
Also if this is implemented, the applications are huge and we can manage a library rather than wasting time in playing maps again and recording them(which is not possible in some phones including mine)
It will also make videos shorter, less time consuming to make, less editing less tedious.

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

We can first start recording the moves of each game first which is quite easy.this is nescessary and kind of emergency as this is the actual recording of the games. We can record multiplayer games also with this
Then when dev finds enough time, he may start doing the simulation thing which uses those moves to reconstruct the actual game. This can take time but it is not an emergency as the games are already recorded this is just a way of displaying them

What do you think?

MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

i agree, good idea
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:yes i really like it too, i would emrace it ! I wish we have it already and all the coding would be already done :) :) :)
:D
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

COOLguy wrote:
:D
Dont just smile there! help him with the coding :D

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, the logging was started 10 minutes ago,
from now
- all games posted to server are logged on server side,
- so we will have all posted "game-turns" to show somehow as a "replay" option...
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Alright! :/
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:ok, the logging was started 10 minutes ago,
from now
- all games posted to server are logged on server side,
- so we will have all posted "game-turns" to show somehow as a "replay" option...
I didnot understand.. will they be saved or we will be able to view them only? And will only one move be saved or the whole game? ie can we see the complete game together?

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

currently the saved games are logged, so you see the map as the next multiplayer see it.
and it saves every turn for every multiplayer.

(so it not saves the different "moves" of units but the gamearea at end of turn for a player.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

alright! :D 8-)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I have still not figured out how to do what dev implemented

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

they are autoatically saved on server.
however it seems they take up too much space
- it is 1,2 GB on saved turns,
- by the saved record count is 65 000

so i have to flush it soon, if anyone wants their game to be kept, please post here the game id so i can preserve them.

for later i think i will implement a "keep saved history" setting when a game should be kept "always" and all other saves will be erased in 1 month.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

i like it! :)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:they are autoatically saved on server.
however it seems they take up too much space
- it is 1,2 GB on saved turns,
- by the saved record count is 65 000

so i have to flush it soon, if anyone wants their game to be kept, please post here the game id so i can preserve them.

for later i think i will implement a "keep saved history" setting when a game should be kept "always" and all other saves will be erased in 1 month.
This is super cool!
Ok i will state the games to be saved-
All games related to the official tournament
how to get the game id?

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

You have to do "send game id to dev" and then copy paste the id from the email. Here is the id from me and Rose's game (I believe):

358710966782248x-2016-09-20 14:53:46.000:36/35
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

DoomCarrot wrote:You have to do "send game id to dev" and then copy paste the id from the email. Here is the id from me and Rose's game (I believe):

358710966782248x-2016-09-20 14:53:46.000:36/35
Thanks!

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I also propose the following-
All saved games requested to be saved be displayed under a 'saved games ' section.
All such games which are unofficial( eg not part of tournaments, events etc) should be reviewed by a group of forummers and then we can decide whether the game will benefit others and should be kept or deleted .
If someone still wants their game then they should download the game as soon as possible after requesting dev to save it.
All official games should be saved as they mostly contain the best players of aos

Hows this?

Return to “Gameplay & UI”