Cancellation of unit in TC's -

Suggestions about the gameplay, the controls, buttons and so on.
Disco

Cancellation of unit in TC's -

Post by Disco »

Man its so frustrating, when you have a unit almost produced, that can be cancelled in under a second by a miss-press or lag.

I would like a confirmation button added, that you wish to cancel the building of a unit. I know it may slow it up a bit, but think of the turn mistakes you'll save ;) Or even a undo type button :?

E.G. Catapult is 1 turn away from being produced, so you click the unit line, to see what to build next (you know..plan), an nothing happens. So you press again.... :shock: WTF?!?. I didnt want to cancel my catapult which is almost built, for a friggin skirmisher :x
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Cancellation of unit in TC's -

Post by DoomCarrot »

I hate when this happens. To be fair, this game has simply taught me patience. :lol:
Last edited by DoomCarrot on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Disco

Post by Disco »

DoomCarrot wrote:I hate when this happens. To be fair, this game has si ply taught me patience. :lol:
Man that was quick!
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Lol, didn't even realize I responded one minute after this was posted. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan »

I completely agree. Ive had this happen more than a few times. Same deal with the consumables, i used them once to see how they went but since then ive re-bought them for a rainy day but ive used almost all of them by accident now. An unfortunate waste of gems :/ maybe an "undo last move" button is called for at least? I dont know how many times ive moved an archer and thought "crap, why didnt i attack with him before i moved!?"..... *restart map*. I see carrots point on patience but like the op said, sometimes lag or a fat finger can mess up your whole day :/

Just to throw it out there, this is the kind of stuff that makes a player do a speedy uninstall methinks
-Mad
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I couldn't agree more, I can't count the number of times I've been making a costly unit, just to have it all messed up by my inaccurate fingers. The feeling of frustration and regret is truly overbearing. :lol:
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Totally agree

An undo buttons for at least one action would be great.

We might disable the undo only for action that have a chance of failure
Age of Fantasy design leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I agrre too.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Agree
Epic Gamer Moment!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Nice one..
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

ejm29 wrote:I couldn't agree more, I can't count the number of times I've been making a costly unit, just to have it all messed up by my inaccurate fingers. The feeling of frustration and regret is truly overbearing. :lol:
Too many dead people are coming from the grave....... :?
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

It is good to see some old players returning though. :)
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I never "left" as such, I was still reading the forum a lot, but I was unable to log into my account for ages.
Good to be logged in again though. :lol:
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

ejm29 wrote:I never "left" as such, I was still reading the forum a lot, but I was unable to log into my account for ages.
Good to be logged in again though. :lol:
Cool!
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Return to “Gameplay & UI”