New tech-Bribery

IRONBLASTER36

New tech-Bribery

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

With this you can bribe enemy units. This will be more effective than converting. With base rate of about 40-50% and after investing in this technology it becomes 75-80% chance.
We'll have unit named merchant
Stats
HP=15/20
Attack=3
Speed=5
Sight=3 (he's scared of war)
Special ability= bribery (like conversion)
Action=2
Description= He is a filthy rich fat merchant, riding on a horse who is over loaded with worn and loaded jewellery. His focus is only on his money bag in his hand. Constantly counting every coin, in the fear of them falling off his hand. He also has a small gold dagger in his other hand!
SirPat

Re: New tech-Bribery

Post by SirPat »

About Give this ability to Money courier?
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Yep and also for Prince and kings. And a special unit as mentioned above.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

I think just the courier. I mean why have a unit who's only purpose is to give people money? Its just not possible for AOS.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Belfry777 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:12 am I think just the courier. I mean why have a unit who's only purpose is to give people money? Its just not possible for AOS.
Okay, then how about adding that ability to prince and all other kings. They are supposed to be wealthy right. Well the money courier doesn't look that rich (it looks like the money bag he has is his life time saving).
And I think we can add merchant since it will be a cavalry unit. We can give him other ability/function too. One which I thought was to add an ability "bonus wage"(you can suggest better name). It'll be used upon the player's units itself and on allied units. This will give a moral boost. Cooldown=0.

Other ability I think we can add is "upgrade"(again better names would be welcomed)
It can upgrade existing units. Eg: a cavalry to heavy cavalry, etc it'll need some though.

I think these can be the reason to add this unit plus it can be used in campaigns.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Money courier is not suppoosed to look wealthy - it's only a courier. These are not his money.
Money courier represents important mechanics - as in AoS the only resource we have is training time, his 2 turns represents the money he's holding.

If we add this as ability it doesn't cost anything!
Age of Strategy design leader
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Endru1241 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:58 am Money courier is not suppoosed to look wealthy - it's only a courier. These are not his money.
Money courier represents important mechanics - as in AoS the only resource we have is training time, his 2 turns represents the money he's holding.

If we add this as ability it doesn't cost anything!
And I don't think the owner/whomsoever gave him that money will provide so much money. You can add this ability surely for money courier but I insist that this unit should also be implemented, note: it is a cavalry unit, that's one reason.

And what about prince and all other supposedly rich units? They all have wealth in masses and they can just even throw their jewellery at others as bribe. They would be the richest people in their kingdom.

And money courier will have a larger cooldown, since he is a courier he needs to bring money (well I never saw him going back but anyways). Or I guess to balance money courier with reality. We can make him disappear (i.e. delete him). Eg: we'll give him value we can give him some limited actions or turns. And if someone pay them "bonus wage"(I've created another topic about it, it's under bribery) their turns will be reset.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I was not precise enough - I meant no upgrades by unit, so "upgrade ability" is out.

I agree with belfry though - there could be additional ability for money courier - maybe high chance conversion with himself being sacrificed (80-90% chance maybe, the best would be if we had loyalty meter). Bribery tech would be required to use this (to balance with persuasion).

I'd say 6 turns to research bribery then (slightly shorter than 3+5 for high priest with).
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Endru1241 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:33 pm I was not precise enough - I meant no upgrades by unit, so "upgrade ability" is out.

I agree with belfry though - there could be additional ability for money courier - maybe high chance conversion with himself being sacrificed (80-90% chance maybe, the best would be if we had loyalty meter). Bribery tech would be required to use this (to balance with persuasion).

I'd say 6 turns to research bribery then (slightly shorter than 3+5 for high priest with).
Great! If we keep it turn heavy then the chances also more maybe which I quoted at the started.

But the real question is which units can do that, focusing on AOS first.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I would give it only to money courier, as ability would require self-sacrifice.
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Endru1241 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:38 am I would give it only to money courier, as ability would require self-sacrifice.
I get it, but we have rich unit too. No need to make one just add an ability. Eg: Prince, they are rich, a king, a ruler is GENERALLY rich! They are the ones who have control over the army, they are the ones who give money to the money courrier. Why the heck can't they just give a dozen gold coins, they have big rooms where the only keep their diamond, gold treasure, even a poor king has at least 2-3 crates of gold. And it wouldn't matter to them if few dozen gold is gone and anyways it's gonna benefit them, the opponents are gonna join his side, so why wouldn't he? Kings do bribe, yeah they have done that. And I guess we can remove the sacrifice thing for this unit, since he is wealthy.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Because King without it's kingdom is nothing. It's the kingdom production output that is real king wealth. Rulers having huge amount of gold is rather later times - past feudal, as they needed it to pay for mercenaries.
Besides - there is only one king unit - king of facebookia (clearly made for fun).
All the others are just generic hero units - they can be made into anything by map maker (wandering knight, mercenary leader etc.), so adding them such ability could mess many campaings.
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Endru1241 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:16 pm Because King without it's kingdom is nothing. It's the kingdom production output that is real king wealth. Rulers having huge amount of gold is rather later times - past feudal, as they needed it to pay for mercenaries.
Besides - there is only one king unit - king of facebookia (clearly made for fun).
All the others are just generic hero units - they can be made into anything by map maker (wandering knight, mercenary leader etc.), so adding them such ability could mess many campaings.
Well you seem to be right but we can pit it out for prince. We'll duplicate the prince json and then add ability in the newer file, and maybe give it a name in campaign.

Return to “Techs”