Scorched Earth

samuelch

Scorched Earth

Post by samuelch »

Allows researching tech called scorched earth. This tech will make a tc unproductive for 3 turns after researching it. After 3 turns you can research the scorched earth again to make it unproductive again.
LordOfAles

Re: Scorched Earth

Post by LordOfAles »

Cost 1 or 2
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

godOfKings wrote:I got a catchy name for aos variant...

'Pillage Village' :lol: :lol: :P

A good name - Raze & Retreat

Description: razes your town and makes it unable to produce anything for a few turns, while your soldiers retreat with all research documents and food leaving a barren wasteland for your enemies, use this tactic if the enemy is too close to your town and you are about to lose it, but beware that it will take some time to repair it again in case you successfully defend after using this tactic

Here is some name suggestions, also I think cost should b 1
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think it should instead b a transform ability, the town is transformed into a razed town that still has 4 garrison space and can b captured, the ability has 3 turn cool down so once u 'fix' it, it will take another 3 turns b4 u can raze it again, at least this is possible and easier to code

May b the transform ability is unlocked once u research the 1 turn cost tech so players can at least read wat it does, and the tech needs to b researched for individual towns like upgrading cathedral, basically remodelling the town so that it is easier to pack everything at a moment's notice, and not all towns r designed in this way thus the turn cost
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I would simply call this "Self-Sabotage". Also, Sranch's version isn't complicated to code at all.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

TC "ability": TC can be ruined (unusable), and rebuilt (usable)

Post by Stratego (dev) »

What about an option to ruin a TC, it will be like a tech invention (2 turns), but if it gets finished the TC can not build units anymore, and also changes image - to a ruined TC.

and if someone occupies it it will still be ruined, unusable.

and if the new player wants to rebuild it, it can rebuild it similarly - like inventing a tech/upgrading the building for 4 turns (this is the only producable thing in it)

this can be useful when u need to leave your TCs and you dont want to give the enemy a usable asset (at least delaying it)
makazuwr32

Re: TC "ability": TC can be ruined (unusable), and rebuilt (usable)

Post by makazuwr32 »

Already suggested many times.
Definately good idea for all 3 game variants.

Also please make it so that "ruined" variant doesn't count for all tc's and thus doesn't provide additional slots for buildings and castles.
So that you need to repair tc to be able produce things from it AND make additional factory/castle.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:38 am http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewt ... 46ba3941d3

Merge this topic...
thanks! :) merged
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Also please make it so that "ruined" variant doesn't count for all tc's and thus doesn't provide additional slots for buildings and castles.
So that you need to repair tc to be able produce things from it AND make additional factory/castle.
sorry i do not understand these lines.
- provide addistional slots? what u mean?
- make additional factory?

-------------------

oh, maybe u mean this? : a ruined TC does not count as a tc, so if u have 3 tc you can build 3 barracks, but if one tc gets ruined, than you can only build 2 barracks.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:06 am oh, maybe u mean this? : a ruined TC does not count as a tc, so if u have 3 tc you can build 3 barracks, but if one tc gets ruined, than you can only build 2 barracks.
Exactly this.
And if you capture ruined tc you need to rebuild it and after you can build new barracks in your example.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Also from all variants tech one is best as for me.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Sounds good.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I like this too
Thanks!
Josh
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Good idea, needs some images..
Whether who will do em?
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

How's this?
Last edited by Lynx Shafir on Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

nice tech icon but we need picture for destroyed town

Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Can you give me both aos, aof
TC, pls

Also I'll try the rebuild tech(must be gem- free)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Here
Attachments
32_unit_castle.png
32_unit_castle.png (1.81 KiB) Viewed 4429 times

Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

So
Burn to ground, 🔥cost:3 (can't be canceled!
Tc loses all upgrades it has,
Unit inside dies -

Rebuild :cost 5(makes Tc again productable)

I was thinking about to give ability to hun rider to start SE. - like assassin can open enemy Tc and give 70%to succeed to trigger
(of course I have idea to prevent this, =building a well near TC)
Attachments
Ruined TC 1.png
Ruined TC 1.png (2.03 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
Scorched Earth tech .png
Scorched Earth tech .png (1.44 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I don't think killing inside unit is necessary though, in order to burn it u need to enter first, its not a building, its a TOWN, so raider can't burn it like it can burn factories, only wen u enter and own it will u b able to burn it

Aral_Yaren

Destroyable TC

Post by Aral_Yaren »

It is normally a matter of times, when a player controls more than 50% amount of TCs (in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, or any FFA), to snowball there forces to victory, regardless of skill-gap, luck, and so forth. Sometimes one gets back or even takes over TC(s), going here and there.

How is it if AoS add a feature to destroy controlled TCs? It represents a raze grown of own territory (or cities) so any invader cannot use and plunder it, better than letting the treasures fall to another's hands.

Thanks.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Already existing topic.

Fun fact - I even started implementing it somewhen around June or something, but it's left in the void for now.
There are some bigger priorities (finishing pack).
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Techs”