Antieffect techs

Detros

Antieffect techs

Post by Detros »

Techs that lower damage caused by fire/poison to your units by 50%. Both should be done in Advancements centre and take like 5 turns.

Possible names (those I like more listed in bold)
fire: Fire wardens, Fire brigade, Fire watch, Bucket brigade
poison: Antidote, Herbs, Field medicine

I guess even such high percentage should not be too OP but I admit I did not get into big siege. Do you often find yourself using the damage from fire a lot, either to destroy incoming catapults or to crush enemy towers? Or will the impact be most notable at naval combat?

Maybe even, to guess the impact properly, we should first list all effect-dealing units that are currently implemented. So far I know about these few, are there any more?
- fire: Fire Archer, Fortress, Fire ship ... maybe also Catapults, Trebuchets (but those two only with proper tech) and Castles?
- poison: Poison Archer
MightyGuy

Re: Antieffect techs

Post by MightyGuy »

Very helpful.
Detros

Post by Detros »

MightyGuy wrote:Very helpful.
Do you mean this idea is helpful update to game or that those techs would be helpful in your strategies?
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Detros wrote:
MightyGuy wrote:Very helpful.
Do you mean this idea is helpful update to game or that those techs would be helpful in your strategies?
Both..
Detros

Post by Detros »

Image ideas:
ImageImage
Axe

Post by Axe »

Indeed Nice!
So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Detros wrote:Image ideas:
ImageImage
That antifire tech image would be rather for "Fire brigade" name. As I liked "Bucket brigade" more, here are two new ideas:
Image or Image

If these buckets look too much like drums adding water in them may help.
superstrijder15

Post by superstrijder15 »

I think the anti-fire may be slightly op: I use fire archers a LOT when attacking enemy fortifications or as a counter to catapults, trebuchets and ballistas, and this would really impact my ability to do so.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

The images and name needs changes in my opinion.

Also, being able to stop fire damage outright is way OP. It would largely unbalance naval wars and sieges. I like the older version of this idea where you can use a unit's turn to put out one fire. This makes it possible to still put out small fires, but leaves fire archers and stuff still strategically useful.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Absolutely agree with Doom!
Thanks!
Josh
Detros

Post by Detros »

DoomCarrot wrote:The images and name needs changes in my opinion.

Also, being able to stop fire damage outright is way OP. It would largely unbalance naval wars and sieges. I like the older version of this idea where you can use a unit's turn to put out one fire. This makes it possible to still put out small fires, but leaves fire archers and stuff still strategically useful.
Not stop, just lower the incoming damage. If 50 % is too much it may be still interesting even with just "one less fire damage", effectively "your units gain one anti-fire armor".

But that other tech sounds interesting too. Something like: "Firefighting - Your siege engines and ships can use one turn (both move + attack) to put out one fire."? Do you know that where is that old thread?

Return to “Techs”