Upgrade Path

Alpha

Upgrade Path

Post by Alpha »

I had this idea where there is a upgrade path where you can choose, but will lock the other upgrade path.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Alpha

Re: Upgrade Path

Post by Alpha »

For example a Man at Arms or a another melee unit upgrade for the swordsmen, you choose the Man at arms, but however you can't choose the other upgrade.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I'm not much into that

I prefer having a wider range of units to choose
Age of Fantasy design leader
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

This idea is either impossible or infair. If we institute this now, that means veteran players still get all the units, and new players only get some.

Or we can make current players choose whih upgrades they want to keep, which would cause a riot from me, if no one else...
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I assume it is game related (you have both upgrades but if you use one in a game you can't use the other), it is just that we have tons of units, i don't think it would make a great difference
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

How about the first 2 upgrades be board swordsmen and man at arms, and then they split paths to 2 special units.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Still don't like it
Detros

Post by Detros »

What about keeping this only at Blacksmith level. So you can, say, choose to research (once you unlock those techs in Upgrades) either "+2 armor" or "+2 pierce armor" for some group of units but doing so would lock the other path. I think few such ideas may offer for more possible strategic options while making sure you just can't, for balancing issues, research all of those buffs at once in one given battle.

Return to “Techs”