Hide Identity

SirDoucheBag

Hide Identity

Post by SirDoucheBag »

The hide identity tech when researched allows units such as wagons. Workers. Assassin and light cavalry to "Hide their Identity" from an enemy. Ex. You have an assassin who needs to get past 5 enemies to kill a specific unit. When researched the player can active the tech to "blend in" with the enemy making them immune to combat for 1 turn. Cool down is 2 turns. In turn allowing the assassin to pass by un harmed for 1 turn. Can only have active on one unit at a time per player. It May be considered an effect but a tech upgrade sounds right because as much as you could charge for a effect in upgrades the tech research will allow more in game strategic planning and sneaky deception. Take 5 turns to research. Or maybe it could be a one use tech where its 4 turns of research ( max 1 at time) for one specific unit to be able to possess that ability for multiple uses over course of game. But if one unit can be immune to damage for 1 turn and use it until the unit dies we should create a 3 turn cool down giving the enemy time to attack. No more than 3 units should be able to possess the tech upgrade at any givin time.
Normal is an illusion.
Hardeep

Re: Hide Identity

Post by Hardeep »

You would immediately notice the new uncontrollable unit....
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

Indeed we would But maybe it could be restricted to wagons and assassins allowing more flexible movement without fear of making a mistake. Even with the 1 turn combat immunity an enemy player will have ample opportunity to attempt to kill the unit before Cool down has been conducted and unit gets another chance to hide its identity. ^_^ some tweaks to the plan May need to be implemented I know but it's a start for a good idea.
Normal is an illusion.
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

And both players would still maintain who's who the unit would not change color per se but in a sense the unit would look to the enemy units like a simple traveler or so forth. Therfore units turning a blind eye to the unit for 1 turn with the tech upgrade. Its just meant for complicating a players day with a unit who goes diplomatic immunity on people every few turns. Would help with wagon transfer or assassin.
Normal is an illusion.
SirDoucheBag

Hide Identity Re thought.

Post by SirDoucheBag »

What if the hide identity tech allows certain units such as assassins/monk/priest to freely pass by enemy defense towers without worry of attack. But still attacks all other units.
Normal is an illusion.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Being able to make assassins INVINCABLE for a turn is a little op I think. Maybe make them harder to see somehow, but don't make them invincable. Because then you could just use this tech once or twice to get to opponents castle and destroy it with an assassin and there is not a thing your opponent can do to stop you, besides surrounding their castle with fodder units.

Maybe make it so they cannot be seen by towers/castles for a turn? That way, you can still kill them if you find them, but you will only see them if you are adjacent to them. This would make assassins Much, much harder to detect and destroy, but it would also require the user to move them carefully to avoid being caught and killed.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

I'm not saying invincible but definatly along the lines to say where towers and defensive "overlook" them for one turn. Is there a possibility for a cool down? I also was thinking about the possibility of repeat use each turn so after the use the player must wait (ex. 2 turns) before able to use it again. And if any player is not safely traveling the assassin around and being foolish their assassin deserves to be shot with arrows and killed. (Speaking freely that is) but yes exactly just a 1 turn immunity. Only available to units who are extremely fragile. (Note) units stationed in towers can still come out and attack the unit even if the tower can't.
Normal is an illusion.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

btw it is impossible to shoot assassins.
Thanks!
Josh
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

I'll have to see that in person the few times I've made assassin's I don't get an open chance to use or they die by some unit.
Normal is an illusion.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

SirDoucheBag wrote:I'll have to see that in person the few times I've made assassin's I don't get an open chance to use or they die by some unit.
Yes - there are clever ways to counter assassins. :)
Thanks!
Josh
SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

Well it's a cool idea I'm just not sure how to make it where it could be used. I imagined a scenario where a wagon driver was about to pass close to an enemy patrol and he "hid his identity" to avoid detection. When I applied that too Aos it sounded like a cool tech/effect. Though as mentioned it would require some tweaking to make sure it doesn't o.p. any specific unit. If I knew how to dev I'd just make it so you could see it in action. I feel I failed explaing it.
Normal is an illusion.
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

A simpler way (and historically accurate) would be to have a powerful unit (centurion, Spartan or Assassin) look more like a normal troop. This was done many times in history where highly trained soldiers would hide amongst ordinary soldiers waiting for a chance to strike a key target in the chaos of battle.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Hmm, now THAT is an interesting idea.

It could easily be beaten by just checking every units stats though... :?
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Easily beaten if you want to waste your life. :?

Lol but cool idea.

I can imagine myself shooting this innocent looking swordsman full of arrows only to find out he is actually a Spartan :)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

If I was the one wasting 8 xbow shots on an undying swordsman, the rage that would ensue would be worthy of a bag of popcorn and some 3d glasses. :lol:
First_Speaker

Post by First_Speaker »

LOL

RAAAAAAAGGGGGGGE!!!!

But seriously, is this worth consideration? Daniel, is this easily programmable? Would anyone use it (other than me.... :twisted: )?

I'm not exactly sure how you would produce units with this ability (maybe a "disguise" unit could be made by a TC and left in the TC, then if another unit moved into the TC, it would cloak that unit as a swordsman/worker/whatever).

Any other thoughts?

Return to “Techs”