Jinete - ACCEPTED

samuelch

Jinete - ACCEPTED

Post by samuelch »

Spanish light cavalry armed with sword, shield, and javelin. This unit will have pierce armor, fast speed, and throw javelin ability. This unit javelin throw range is 5. Useful to harass enemy from distance without getting hit and run away. The pierce armor will defend the jinetes from archers.
makazuwr32

Re: Jinete

Post by makazuwr32 »

1. Throw ability must have cooldown and 4 range i think. Not 5.
2. Speed 5 is good for him. Maybe give also bonus on sands.

My suggested stats:
Trainable at stables and castles
Cost 4 turns
Hp 24
Attack 8 (regular knight bonuses - 50% to infantries)
Speed 5
Sight 7
Armor/p. Armor 1/4
Abilities:
Throw javelin (1 turn cooldown - once per 2 turns can be used) - deals 10 piercing damage that is reduced by p.armor. no damage increase from bonuses, can't target buildings, 3 tiles range (it is harder to throw from horse than on foot, thus lower range and cooldown.)
Image by GoK and Puss
jinete5.png
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Tue May 15, 2018 5:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Bonus on sands don't make sense.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

We can live without it)
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

The stats is good.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

They are slower and have lower bonus to infantries if compare them with hungarian hussars.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

But throwing a javalin makes them Soo much more effective, and dangerous

"Ride in, throw javalin, ride out!" Their movement and ranged attack is what makes them a formidable cavalry unit!

Cooldown should be 1, use same JSON as Maori spear throw!
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Good.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

aha, found it. There's even a image
http://ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=3525
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Perfect, only thing that should be changed, if anything would be the shield.

But it looks fine as is, so I'll leave that decision alone.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I think javelin must be in behind of knight while he is holding regular sword.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

However, the javalin is his primary weapon.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

"As a military term, jinete (also spelled ginete or genitour) means a Spanish light horseman armed with a javelin, sword and a shield, a troop type developed in the early Middle Ages in response to the massed light cavalry of the Moors.
Their tactics were not to close but to hover round their opponents, continually harassing them till they should give ground or break their formation, when a chance would occur of pushing a charge home. The tactics of the genitours were to swarm around the enemy, to overwhelm him with darts, to draw off if he charged in mass, but to hang upon his flanks and charge him when he grew tired, or fell into disorder"

Jinetes used both their sword and javelin. Javelins to harass their enemies, while swords for charging when possible.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Edit: Old pics deleted
Last edited by godOfKings on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Definitely the Javalin!!! Tis their primary weapon.

https://www.google.com/search?q=medieva ... gXIASX5j0M:
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

samuelch wrote:"As a military term, jinete (also spelled ginete or genitour) means a Spanish light horseman armed with a javelin, sword and a shield, a troop type developed in the early Middle Ages in response to the massed light cavalry of the Moors.
Their tactics were not to close but to hover round their opponents, continually harassing them till they should give ground or break their formation, when a chance would occur of pushing a charge home. The tactics of the genitours were to swarm around the enemy, to overwhelm him with darts, to draw off if he charged in mass, but to hang upon his flanks and charge him when he grew tired, or fell into disorder"

Jinetes used both their sword and javelin. Javelins to harass their enemies, while swords for charging when possible.
They must have sword as their primary weapon, while javelin must be as ability or transform stance.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Sounds like you read that right out of the Encyclopedia! Lol

Tbh, I get your point. I didn't know that they had swords.

Leave out the switch Stance, give them the throw javalin ability (Range 5, No cooldown) best to keep it simple.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Like Maori warriors throw spear ability, should it cost 1 action? I think it should else he would b dealing 20+ damage every turn, or reduce javelins damage?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Should cost 1 action/turn to throw. Like Maori.

Javelins would do more damage from horseback due to the highly increased momentum. Don't change Damage
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Actually Maoris ability doesn't cost any action, so he can both use ability and atk at the same turn, if jinetes ability costs action then he won't b able to melee atk

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

OH!!! I didn't know that! *Whispers* Maybe I should play Maoris more often. :lol: :lol: :lol:
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

They also heal hp after killing, but their damage in my opinion isn't worth the turn cost

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Gotcha. Also note Maoris have speed 4.

For the Jinete, I recommend speed 6 instead of 5. They are light cavalry, correct?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

They are lighter than knights but not so light to give them 6 speed.
Also another point against giving them 6 speed is that they have ranged activating ability.
Also updated description of ability.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Understood. Twas nothing more than a suggestion.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I would rather suggest don't give cool down, the player will have choice whether he wants to do melee or ranged atk, for example units like shielders and ballista would b more effective to melee atk than throw javelins, make javelins deal 10 damage instead of giving cooldown,

And range of throw javelins can b 4 so that he can dodge the camel fear aura

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Ability damage will ignore camel fear and only will take into account p.armor.
Still don't like idea of giving no cooldown despite their low range because of even 10 damage is powerful.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

At least an archer won't die with 10 damage, and even from 4 range, wen it atks pikeman, it will survive with 1 HP, and can atk jinete next turn,

may b one turn cool down is balanced, he can throw javelin once every 2 turn, but I wouldn't want throw javelin to one hit kill weaker units, except for may b scouts and birds
Last edited by godOfKings on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

godOfKings wrote:At least an archer won't die with 10 damage, and even from 4 range, wen it atks pikeman, it will survive with 1 HP, and can atk jinete next turn, may b one turn cool down is balanced, he can throw javelin once every 2 turn, but I wouldn't want throw javelin to one hit kill weaker units, except for may b scouts and birds
well here you are right.
Forgot about pikeman.
but still don't like idea giving him better range than basic skirmisher (without upgrades) for ability.
Lowered damage from throw.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

He costs twice a normal skirmisher, and normal skirmishers r not really trained or experienced, compare him with a battle hardy auxiliary skirmisher instead with the added momentum of a horse raising speed to almost as fast as an arrow to the naked eye

Return to “Unit - mounted”