How about a mounted Saracen Archer?

Louis

How about a mounted Saracen Archer?

Post by Louis »

I noticed that there isn't a mounted Saracen Archer in the map design section and I kind of want one for a campaign. The mounted Saracen Archers rode small, light, speedy horses and we're very lightly armored themselves. Their favorite tactic was to ride swiftly within arrow range and loose a volley of arrows at the knights and then gallop away before the slower, more heavily armored knights could attack them. They used small bows and their arrows usually couldn't pierce the knights armor but they were deadly because they always took out the horses. The mounted crusader archers were effective against them as their bows had much longer range but not much else (except perhaps the crossbow and longbow). I was thinking maybe his stats would be something like this:
Cost- 4
Hp-. 12
Attack power-. 5
Range-. 3
Armor-. 0
Pierce armor-. 0
Speed-. 6
Sight-. 6
Spell resist-. 100%

So they aren't hard to kill....if you can catch them. But also, it would be awesome if they could be made so they could move 6, attack, and then move again maybe only have 3 for the second move. Also maybe it would be a good idea to make it so when you attack knights with them they don't damage the knights much but instead dismount them with maybe two shots. And of course this probably won't be able to be bought in the upgrades section with gems but still I think it's a good unit to make. (And of course I want him for a campaign lol)
Louis

Re: How about a mounted Saracen Archer?

Post by Louis »

lol I seem to be making all kinds of mistakes here haha..... I think I was supposed to put this in the campaigns section as these units I asked for are for a campaign I wanted to make. Sorry about that lol I'm still new. :)
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

But did the saracens ever master horse archery? If I remember right they never did, and that is why the mongols crushed them repeatedly dueing their invasions.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Louis

Post by Louis »

Pretty sure they did during the time of the crusades anyway.

Return to “Unit - mounted”