Ninja - IMPLEMENTED

First_Speaker

Re: Ninja

Post by First_Speaker »

Are we just waiting on stats/abilities for this? I think Doom's stats were pretty good.

Patroid's art was excellent so what's the hold up on this one?
Avalyn

Post by Avalyn »

COOLguy wrote:
patroid wrote:Hi

@Ninja i thought it got already votes in past and wondered
Why it isnt implemented yet

Patroid
What happened was that the ninja had two images and multiple stat suggestions. When we voted it in a while back, Daniel was not sure which idea had been voted. This was partly caused by reckless posting without reading previous posts, and also out notorious inability to finalize things: we are always trying to make ideas better. :)

But if we can all agree to a final image and its stats, I'm sure we can get it implemented for the next vote.
Istan quete ya merin, ar la hanyuvatyen.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I too like my stats with balint's ninja :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Dan301002

Shinobi / Ninja ?

Post by Dan301002 »

He would be stealthy, like assasins, spy, and ranger, and can be visible too. Can be good to be used to ambush enemies, walk like 2-3 tiles in stealth mode, in visible mode he will run faster, can move if he killed his enemies to avoid being captured, bigger damage to enemies as the means of ambush in stealth mode rather than visible mode, has limited attack so he is not OP, visible if he failed to kill his enemies, has 4-5 turn cost (?) to make in TC.
How is that? I think this unit is not avaible yet so i made a suggestion about him.
Hope this is good enough
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Shinobi / Ninja ?

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I think the turn cost should be 5, and speed could be 4 if we are not going to give it an extra action. It should be most vulnerable to cavalry and ranged. Extra movement would require engine modifications, so we can scrap that idea as it might become OP too. This would be a good "sit and trap unit," and with different variants of the unit it would become a team of trappers that rely on other's abilities. Stealth walk should be 2. Other stats, they are up to you.
OLÉ
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Well, his hp should be lower than swordman, but his attack is higher than man-at-arms (in stealth mode, if in visible mode he will have less attack), kinda like a glass-cannon. He should be able to steal tech, but with lesser chance than assasins. And he would only have bonus against siege unit (sabotaging), i do not see the reason to give him bonus over building, it will be OP.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

So,
Hp: 15
Attack:18 (Stealthed)
Attack:10
Action: 1
Cost:5
Armor: 0
Armor pierce: 0
Spell Resistance: 0%
Sight: 8 (for getting information)
Movement: 4
Movement: 2 (stealthed)
Range: 1
Size: 1x1
produced from Barracks, and TC
(I think castles would be weird).

Has bonus for inf, and siege.

Is this good?
Last edited by Puss_in_Boots on Mon May 22, 2017 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
OLÉ
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Yes, it is good i think, we just need to see other people opinion. Then we just need to draw its characters, it is a shame i am bad at drawing things. :lol:
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Yes we could use somebody to give us a hand with this, as I've got my hands full with artworks. How do you want the ninja to look by the way?
OLÉ
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Maybe like this? I found it in google and i think it is good enough, maybe you can modified it a little bit. Though the stealth mode should be different, like hiding or stuff.
Attachments
Example of one
Example of one
images.jpg (28.31 KiB) Viewed 5951 times
Dan301002

Re: Ninja - ACCEPTED

Post by Dan301002 »

Why not the Ninja / Shinobi had an ability like ranger that is able to transform to become hidden? He had more power if he is hidden, but slower than usual (3 tiles walk hidden, 4 tiles walk visible), and had some shuriken skill (?) too.
Like this topic recently? viewtopic.php?f=76&t=3848
The stats may be tweaked again
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Should they be merged? What is the difference between a Shinobi and a Ninja?
Thanks!
Josh
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

COOLguy wrote:Should they be merged? What is the difference between a Shinobi and a Ninja?
They are the same thing, assasin from Japan
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Is back stab like a spell? (Like the spear throw of Maori) And how many turns should it take before he can use back stab again?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Ravancloak

Post by Ravancloak »

Can we please call this a shinobi? Shinobi is the Japanese name, ninja is Chinese. It wouldn't make sense if all those Japanese units train in the same place as a ninja.
A new age will dawn. Ravens will be the herald angels, the stars will shine cold, for from the Star's End, I, THE ADORABLE RAVANCLOAK, HAVE AWOKEN. -- That's why I and my Vespa wanted to say こんにちは!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Really? I thought ninja and shinobi were same, and only existed in Japan not China
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Ravancloak

Post by Ravancloak »

Shinobi is the cooler name XD
A new age will dawn. Ravens will be the herald angels, the stars will shine cold, for from the Star's End, I, THE ADORABLE RAVANCLOAK, HAVE AWOKEN. -- That's why I and my Vespa wanted to say こんにちは!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

If u seek cooler names, might as well name it sasuke then :lol:

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Already a ninja topic so merged!
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Can anyone with the dev version help see if this unit has been implemented completely?
Thanks!
Josh
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Ninja is right now in map editor only
Ninja cannot throw shuriken
(There is throw shuriken button and there is showed range but instead of throwing we got information "no name")
Ninja cannot transform into backstab mode
(No button)
Everything other seems about right
Im not coming. Im impending
rikoargatha

Post by rikoargatha »

Typhoon wrote:Ninja is right now in map editor only
Ninja cannot throw shuriken
(There is throw shuriken button and there is showed range but instead of throwing we got information "no name")
Ninja cannot transform into backstab mode
(No button)
Everything other seems about right
Yea that's the problem, except the number one
You can't see me
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

How about now?
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Unit - melee infantry”