Campaign of Valor! (AoS)

General Brave

Re: Campaign of Valor! (AoS)

Post by General Brave »

I haven't played this game for a while, so I hope I could still use my strategies.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

That was a good move, GodofKings, because I am going march my army to 7. Great Sands.
OLÉ
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Is it battle yet?
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

I suppose it is! I shall update the mao soon. Battles are:

Me vs. Brave, (I make map)

Godofkings vs. Puss_in_Boots (Godofkings makes map)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

General and Doomcarrot need to resolve some issues I think, if General plans on running a VAC in opposition to the DCPRN.
The glorious sun rises again
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

It seems this war shall test who is truly the greater General. :twisted:

P.S. pm'ed you game details brave
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

You may have a advantage, I haven't played this game for a while.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

OK I will make. Puss can u upload the screenshots I will make Revealed map, I have trouble uploading from phone, can't copy the Link for some reason
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

In this map I have got the first turn. We are very close together.

The TC generation left my TCs apart from eachother, which will cost me some time to get.
It favors GodofKings with 3 TCs just a few steps away.
OLÉ
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Someone got a defensive position, make sure you have all your upgrade.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Okay how's everyone doing?
Sunrise Samurai

Doomcarrot took up farming. Probably growing more carrots.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Nah, Brave and I have been progressing in our game, but it looks fairly grim for me.

I started in the worst position possible which makes it very difficult to claim an equal number of tcs, and on top of that, most of them spawned far away from me.

I will try to defeat general brave and hold my land, but I am not going to forget the option of a possible retreat to save my army. Thankfully no one attacked frozen valley this round :lol:
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

A retreat? I forgot that you have land, need to make sure you don't escape.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Show us game progress
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

So far, in my game, my army has been skirmishing between sides. Fighting against the construction of a tower and a single light cavalry unit.

Meanwhile, GoK's second light cavalry rushes to snag the TCs in the north. I have captured all the neutral TCs in my area, while he has one left.
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

In our game, puss is in quite a dire state to say the least

I have already captured one of the tc in the north that was on puss's side, while his closest cavalry is still about 3 turns far

His attack also turned costly and he lost the only advantage he had, speed. Now i just need to slowly fortify myself and wait till i overwhelm him with my army. Well cant blame him for being so slow to get to the north town, since i forced him to keep his cavalry to defend :)

currently our score is 1000/800
Last edited by godOfKings on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sunrise Samurai

Careful. That's nowhere near enough advantage to say he can't turn things around. I know I've played games where I had lower point count, less production, and retreating just to surge back with overwhelming force right when my opponent thought they had won. Rather funny to watch, actually. Make sure you build up, and don't overextend yourself. He could be baiting you right into a trap.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

You forgot to end your turn.
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

actually i forgot to turn on wifi while ending turn :P sry about that

and samurai, that is the reason i will take it nice and slow, fortifying my defenses so that he can never attack with overwhelming might :twisted:

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

he is way behind in terms of production power, technology researches, by the time he grows overwhelming might, i will have grown exponentially as such is the progress in this game, all i need to do is defend against any threat to the northern towns

Sunrise Samurai

Yeah, I typically only pull that stunt on players who I notice seem to be falling for it. And never on experienced players, or players I've done it to before. Nobody lets themselves get baited like that twice.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

despite wat i said, i couldnt wait any long to fortify myself wen the opportunity presented was this golden, end of my turn already dealt more damage than the turn costs of the units i sent

DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Those ballistae could have wrecked havoc if only they were not out in the open.

Looks like a pretty hard hit. However, he still has good defenses. If he managed to build some walls, it might get a bit more difficult for you.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I'm waiting.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

That wall is to dissuade him from attacking from the lower reaches of my base. Those towers are also critical to my defence. If they weren't in range of his fortresses they would be more effective.
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

i built the fortress for this purpose, to continually harass u while u will b able to do nothing, even repairing ur tower will cost one worker

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

how goes the war? my game with puss in boots is over with my complete victory, i think wagons are THE MOST OP units in the entire game (if there is no forest tiles),

this is the account of our last turn, puss in boots made a final effort with a valiant charge from his heavy lancer, but the town he attacked had nothing but an empty wagon :lol: :lol: :lol: , then i converted the heavy lancer with a priest and used it to attack his last remaining defender, a tanegashima ashigaru, in the end he had nothing but a castle and two towns left, and he used his last turn to flee from battle without being completely annihilated, and thus i successfully protected my land, if he instead attacked the northern town, he would have killed the knight that was the only thing defending that town, but how could he, wagons are best for covering my tracks and he could never know wat surprises awaited him

the heavy lancer in this image is the one that puss in boots sent, but in the end decided to follow the winning side instead :lol: . He was planning to build a wall of pallisades around his towns and castle, but my wagon was already knocking at the door before he could complete the door

the game was over in just 22 turns, although it would have taken at least two more turns to destroy his castle if he decided to continue
Last edited by godOfKings on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I'm still waiting for Doomcarrot.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well done godofkings! I shall try to update the map, but I don't have my computer right now.

It is loocking like I shall have to retreat from brave's invasion. Our score right now is 1700-1300, but he is in an excellent position to overwhelm my border tcs soon. If I cannot hold him there, I will no doubt lose this territory. :?

Return to “Championship”