Tournament of Dragons

Skelegonsans

Re: Tournament of Dragons

Post by Skelegonsans »

Still silently stalking this. :P
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Constantin and I started our game. HUGE map, low pop limit. His suggestion and I thought sure why not. :P

It might be a fairly long game, but we aren't holding anything up :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Constantin is Elves right? (I think so from what I've seen in the other posts?) They have quite the advantage in this map setting
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Something tells me you might be using them.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Uhm i think he is for humans again right now.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Wrong post.
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

Looks epic,DoomCarrot vs Constantin
A dream match between the undefeateds of this tourney
Homo homini lupus
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

MEnselot: we are signed on a maptch - are playing this match already? :)
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Y’know, I should double check. I AM playing you right now, roght constantin? Because the in game username is not constantin and I want to make sure I am not playing some random because it went public :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

'woken' Ayush Tiwari wrote:Looks epic,DoomCarrot vs Constantin
A dream match between the undefeateds of this tourney

And yeah, it should be interesting. There are so many tcs that even if one of us only gets a quarter of them the game is far from over because of the pop limit.

I think constantin will easily get most of them because undead have no scout units, but as long as I use my 50 pop and raise to life capabilities right, I should be able to take tcs from hum one by one. That is my hope at least :)
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

I did actually specify population limit 200, but oh well. In AoF constantin is zupper, I think due to password problems with his original account. Any screenshots or is it fog?

Menselot is still missing in action. My game against General Brave is almost over, so he hasn't much time left before we have to skip him
The glorious sun rises again
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Oh,human vs undead then. Should be interesting. :) be sure to keep us updated with the screenshots doom carrot and constantin (unless it's fog map OFC :) )
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Doom, remember that undeads CAN get through pop limit with using golems.
Golrms don't count against pop limit.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Ayush Tiwari

Post by Ayush Tiwari »

makazuwr32 wrote:Doom, remember that undeads CAN get through pop limit with using golems.
Golrms don't count against pop limit.
Yeah,thats quite useful,till the time,spirit towers and golems have no limit,they are useful

Another tip,I am much sure,but he might 'spam' castles and mage's hut(I remember each thing he did when I faced him)
I can't tell of you,as we never got a game against each other.
And yes,he is Zupper125 in AOf
Homo homini lupus
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

How about a retry, seems like it's going nowhere.
Sunrise Samurai

You're down to 5 tcs to my 13. I'm finishing off my cap of great trees, and full up on factories. You have only one factory left. You've come back up in points lately, but I had you below double for several turns. Honestly I think you're still alive because master spikers are a 1 cost dragon food, which I hope to soon break through anyway. Admittedly, you probably​ also had a few giants tucked away too.

There really shouldn't be any way you could survive much longer, except some orc units (cough dragons cough) have been called for a nerf for some time now. I'd rather finish this game still.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It's not the dragons that is helping.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Doomcarrot: i dont see menselot around, so what now?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Menselot is entirely mia as far as I am still aware. I beat him pretty well before he vanished, but I am now playing constantin. I think Menselot is probably out of the tournament.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

so what shall i do?
Sunrise Samurai

Wait for your next opponent after him. No other options​ really

We've had a few people disappear on this tournament sadly
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:Wait for your next opponent after him. No other options​ really

We've had a few people disappear on this tournament sadly
It happens, especially in open recruitment where random/new players can sign up. Their loss :P
Sunrise Samurai

My match with General Brave has concluded. Took a few screenshots in the second half of the game. Forgot to early on, so I'll have to just fill that in with words.

Starting out was pretty ordinary. He started in the northeast, I started in the southwest. We both expanded rather quickly, clashing in the northwest and southeast with an even split of the tcs. The battle for the southeast was won by General, the moment he finished a headhunter there. The northwest was probably the more fierce battle. It didn't take long for me to take all the tcs there, but no sooner than I did so, the dragons came. At first one, which was slowed adjacent to a tc full of wolves and slowly turned to a pincushion. Then two and a headhunter came as I tried to advance, forcing me back to that tc as I waited for fire archers. They finished and killed the troll, and both dragons we're dispatched as the first, as fast as my small army of archers could fill them with enough arrows.

Eventually that headhunter chased me back to my expanding base, while battle in the north continued and I began to advance.

At this point I'm advancing and finally​ get a good look at General's base. Obviously, I'm trying to burn his production away and starting with his volcano.
A few turns later, I've burned some buildings and he proceeded to counter with some big units, forcing a retreat in the north. Meanwhile, I've made significant​ progress in the south. His ologs would be more effective, but I'd prepared tons of fire archers for the possibility of more headhunters.
The south has been won, and the advance continues northward. He makes taking any part of his base very difficult, as he has a lot of hp and firepower crammed into his tcs somewhere. I quickly regretted moving some troops so close when he realized goblin spikers have grenades.
We've gone back and forth on the western tc a little, but after several turns of shooting his southern tc with wolves and dragons attacking, it finally falls.
The last screenshot. At the end of my turn before this, his buildings were all empty, telling me he finally ran out of troops. At this point he resigned.

That was a very difficult game, and I think I only won by correct guessing at his strategies. General Brave is very skilled with orcs, and could easily have won if i had slipped up and​ not been prepared for his dragons, headhunters, and giants when they came.
Sunrise Samurai

To avoid a repeat of our last match, I'd like to do a different race vs Stratego this time. I'm thinking orcs, but I'd be quite happy if we could work out a dwarves vs dwarves match.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

That was great match indeed.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Impressive, watching from the shadows...
Epic Gamer Moment!
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I should have upgraded to the dev version earlier.
Sunrise Samurai

General Brave wrote:I should have upgraded to the dev version earlier.
Those hamletbacks would have been bigger for sure. It would have stalled me for longer on them. The spikers were an annoyance only inside your base. On the open field they would require wagons to use as explosives. Using 1 cost spikers to summon dragons earlier on would have gotten a complaint, as dragons were designed for 6 cost.

The hamletback upgrades would have certainly helped still.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:To avoid a repeat of our last match, I'd like to do a different race vs Stratego this time. I'm thinking orcs, but I'd be quite happy if we could work out a dwarves vs dwarves match.
Wait, dwarves is implemented already?!
Sunrise Samurai

Ish. General Brave undertook the massive project to json them. They're in the dev version right now, and we're just trying to finish balancing them before we send them on to the public version. Unfortunately, a game with dwarves sitting in the multiplayer lobby will crash anybody who checks the lobby without dev version, due to an "invalid" race in a game. This means we gotta get these games off the lobby quick, so players have to be in live communication to avoid issues.

Return to “Championship”