Skeleton versus Bravery

Skelegonsans

Re: Skeleton versus Bravery

Post by Skelegonsans »

So true, that would be a solid tactic.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Lost the town, good thing I have evacuated.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

My offensive is working out, it seems. Strong, upgraded units are coming non-stop while his productive power is debilitated. I got a nice advantage now, and unless he breaks my siege quickly, he's gonna lose some TCs and ultimately the game. ;)
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I hope I could hold you off for a while, my game with Doomcarrot will soon be concluded.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Having better luck at that one?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Currently surrounded by all side as my main focus has fallen and all my City has been taken. Yes it's going perfectly fine.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: tough luck, m80
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It's great, how's your day.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Pretty good I guess.

Also I think your situation is quite fragile now, you got just some castles and some workers basically, while I have an army full of uruks, archers, ettins and wolves. These drakes are powerful but can't do much at this point. I'm guessing I'm just a few turns away from victory! ;)

I gotta admit though, I was actually quite lucky that you started at that spot, if it weren't for that maybe things would have gone different, especially after that sudden comeback you made in the middle of the game, if I didn't have TC advantage that could have been the key to your victory. It was a good match and you're a good player. :)
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Skelegonsans wrote:The thing with orcs vs humans is that Humans' strong point are fortifications, if I were using elves or undead I'd have a VERY hard time to take down all of those castles because their units aren't as good in taking down buildings.
Admittedly, undead fare very poorly against human defenses, but I beg to differ with elves. Very little compares to the destruction caused by fire archers, since the fire damage includes their bonus, and they can be hyperbuffed to 9 range in late game, thus outranging even castles. Orcs have to be willing to take some losses in bringing down a well defended castle. Elves can actually take it with no losses.
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Those town halls in the Middle were the key to your success, and could have been mine if I decide to build a bridge a bit more earlier.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

@sunrise samurai
I often forget how useful these archers can be. Heck, they can take down fricking cave trolls, undead knights and buildings by themselves. That's true.

@general brave
So true, I only got all that advantage because I managed to take these earlier. But then again I'm not sure if you'd have reached there first even with earlier bridges simce bridges don't finish in like 1 turn, so I guess the water did help. ;)
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes fire archers are very good.

In our game, Sunrise basically is fighting me with 90% fire archers, 9% druids, and 1% other assorted troops. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Fire archers for humans! Or at least something flammable.
Sunrise Samurai

DoomCarrot wrote:Yes fire archers are very good.

In our game, Sunrise basically is fighting me with 90% fire archers, 9% druids, and 1% other assorted troops. :lol:
That's because you are playing undead, and regular archers are useless.
Sunrise Samurai

Trust me, I don't appreciate my archers costing 4 turns each. I'd prefer 2-3 cost for most of them, with a more normal percentage of fire archers if they weren't worthless against your pierce armor.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Anyways, I will try to hold them off as long as I can. But sooner or later the castles will fall one by one.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Dang, he has upgraded uruks.... Yeah you're in trouble. And ettins on your frontline is really bad for you as well. I don't see how you could pull a win off here, unless you have like 6 catapults in those castles, and enough cavalry to make a massive rush to take some land back.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

@general brave
They don't need fire archers, I noticed that these castles / fortresses ignited my trolls when they were hit, so I guess their arrows count as fire arrows (I actually didn't know that, lol). And since humans can build fortresses real quick and castles attack like 3 times per turn there's not a real need for fire archers for them. If you get an undead army at your castle you can knock out one undead with every one / two arrows. :lol:
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It doesn't help so muchsss.

Anyways I'm making a tactical retreat, let's hope I could save many as I can.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Actually I'm not totally sure if I'll be able to reach that island down there, which is basically the only spot I can't seem to reach, and I need to get there to finish you off. I can't use the bridge, merlocks will probably get wiped out before actually engaging and if I attempt to build ships you'll probably destroy them anyway, and Orcs can't build bridges as far as I remember. So I don't know what to do to get there. Maybe I'll destroy your castle with archers, it'll take forever but I'll win eventually. :lol: :lol: :lol: nah jk.
I'll try some things but I'm not sure if it'll work.
(This is the only moment in the entire match that I wish that water was gone. :mrgreen: )
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

The Castle moat is made from tears from the families of the loved ones you killed. My catapults will keep you at Bay. While your archers are maybe strong, it will take you awhile. Unless it goes to a draw.
Sunrise Samurai

Ettins and orc kings can swim, and uruk archers at fully​ upgraded can cover them. Make a dock in another little pond and upgrade merlocks to get something a little faster to cross with.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

@general brave
... ouch. :(

@sunrise samurai
ooohh, I didn't know they could swim. Heck, there were quite some changes since I last played. That will make it a BIT easier but it still won't be that easy since I don't have too many of either. The dock strategy sounds good tho, maybe I'll try it.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Don't they walk slower on land, wouldn't take him awhile. Still going to try to tired him out. A draw is better than losing.

We will fight till the last person is dead, or enslave. Both is still considered dead.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

welp, it'll be somewhat hard to cross that but not impossible. After I take down your castles I'll change my TCs productions to only units that can cross that moat and archers that can cover them. Probably also try the merlock tactic that sunrise suggested. It will certainly take a good while and probably cost some casualties, but I'm pretty sure it'll be a victory in the end so I'll just go for it. I can't even think of ending with a draw after all the hard work I had to finally breach those castles. :lol:
Sunrise Samurai

.....duh.
I forgot to mention......Green.....Dragons
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

That's my playstyle! Sunrise.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I don't use them much TBH, only when there's no option. But since many of my units won't be able to cross the water after the main siege is over, I guess I can turn them into something more useful. I have several troll shamans so eh, also an option.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Green dragons are awesome, and it is such a fun strategy to play/counter I feel like. :)

Which units do you want to sacrafice for a mighty dragon? And where will the AI controlling it stupidly try to strike? :lol:

Return to “Other”