Emphasize on strategy

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Redanxelar

Emphasize on strategy

Post by Redanxelar »

I have been playing aos for a pretty long while and it's been really nice, but the game I not based on its name most of the time winning is just about the composition of your troops and number not about strategy. but i currently have some suggestions which i think can help make strategy more relevant.

1: USE OF MORALE: Alot of strategy games make use of morale. It could be when a solder or troop are surrounded, Thier morale would reduce (effect of morale maybe -1 or 2 attack) And the surrounding troop morale would increase (maybe +1 or 2) attack. Or when losing morale becomes low and winning side has high morale. This will make strategy more flexible

2: CAVALRY CHARGE: Cavalry has been the greatest and most feared troop during the Cold weapon era, not only because of Thier mobility but also because of Thier ability to charge at enemy(ies).
This could be implemented in aos ( for example) when there is three(3) or more space in a straight line between a melee cavalry unit and other unit the cavalry could charge at enemy unit (charging can result to maybe +1 or +2 attack). It increases virable in battle.

3: A COMMANDING UNIT: This can be a unit ( no need to be op or anything more like the avatar of the player in the game) whereby if this unit is killed the killed commander troops would have low morale and the killer troop will have increased morale ( this is to make ninja, assassin and such type of troops important) Maybe add a activate/deactivate commander button.

4: ALLIANCE: Who doesn't want to have friends?, Make a button whereby you could send alliance request to other players in multiplayer or AI in three or more user campaign, the alliance request can be accepted or rejected can also be cancelled after some turns (if you like, or if you want to backstab your ally 😈) Allies can't attack each other.

This is the little I can currently think of if I have anymore ideas I would put it down.

THANK YOU FOR AOS.
The old signature is damn cringe
Gral.Sturnn

Re: Emphasize on strategy

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

I like this
~Gral.Sturnn
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

4. backstabbing shouldnt b so ez so i got a different idea :twisted:
if u want to stop alliance, on ur turn u press a button to request the dissolution of the alliance, on ur ally's turn, if he presses the same button then alliance will stop, but ur ally will get to attack u first instead :twisted:
so if u really want to stop alliance u will need to b prepared for the worst from ur ally first :twisted: so nobody will think of being the first to request dissolving the alliance
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

That solves the problem yeah
~Gral.Sturnn
Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I like all ideas! maybe the cavalry charge is a bit much, but I have some ideas too!

Illness
Your troops can be sick by plagues or bad enviroment, I dont know precisely how.

Rage mode
Your troops can enter rage mode in some way (Idk how), increasing all stats, but decreasing (controlability and) defense.

Tired
Your troops can be tired if they are fighting/marching for a long time without high morale/rage mode or ofter rage mode.
Random guy: "Lets use goblins."
Me: "GOBLINS? THIS IS LAWRENCIAAAAA!"
Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

godOfKings wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:51 am 4. backstabbing shouldnt b so ez so i got a different idea :twisted:
if u want to stop alliance, on ur turn u press a button to request the dissolution of the alliance, on ur ally's turn, if he presses the same button then alliance will stop, but ur ally will get to attack u first instead :twisted:
so if u really want to stop alliance u will need to b prepared for the worst from ur ally first :twisted: so nobody will think of being the first to request dissolving the alliance
If you stop the alliance, you cant yet attack your ex-ally, but he gets a notification that the alliance stopped (I like this better, backstabbing still happens, but you arent so affraid to enter an alliance), and he gets to attack first. (I like that part)
Random guy: "Lets use goblins."
Me: "GOBLINS? THIS IS LAWRENCIAAAAA!"

Return to “Others”