More techs than units

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Alexander82

More techs than units

Post by Alexander82 »

I've noticed that on the votes units are generally prefered compared to techs. New units are often a slightly better (or different) version of something we already have in, resulting in one unit being used more than the other (if one is definitely better) and adding very few things to our tactical approach.
I understand that often a cool image might be a reason already good enough to choose a unit over a tech, but in the end a tech can add more to strategy, adding more options or making better a unit that isn't used much.

I understand that for a cosmetic reason techs are less likely to win, that's why i think that once in a while we shoul make a vote reserved for techs, to add a few more to the game.

What do you think?
Age of Fantasy design leader
Alpha

Re: More techs than units

Post by Alpha »

I agree.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

good!
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Probably a good idea--I do not see techs winning votes anytime soon, especially since most people do not even know any of them. :|
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

The only tech That I saw implemented was the Espionage defense tech (not sure that's how you say it)
Epic Gamer Moment!
Detros

Post by Detros »

Yeah, it seemed to me quite weird when I was checking my options in Upgrades and several paths have at the beginning "a mounted unit, best for hunting of infantry".
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Example:
if you need your Light Cavalry make stronger, just research the tech for that.

And Like Alexander said....
Make a unit that have a different strategy (e.g Axe Thrower Horse Rider: A Improved Speed Axe Thrower , Fire Archer Horseman: A Improved Speed Fire Archer

Or

Make a Tech for either each unt or all units

Return to “Others”