Resigning

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Resigning

Post by DoomCarrot »

Ok, so I have begun to notice how annoying the resignation option is. When you resign, your units automatically "lose." They do not turn into an Ai, they just.... Become obstacles.

In one game I'm playing, 4 of 6 players have resigned for almost no reason. This has left me and Hardeep battling each other with 60% of the world being occupied by pointless, dead, ally and enemy obstacles. This has made the game a dreary, painfully terrible and ridiculous game.

Also, in another 4 player game I was playing, I had prepared a decent strategy to force back my two opponents while they were busy fighting the person on the oppositte corner of the map. Unfourtanately, the turn I launched my offensive, the guy on the opposite corner resigned for no reason, and my two adjacent opponents quickly re-routed their armies from the now useless, dead, resigned player to fight me, and I was soundly defeated, lost my momentum, and my strategy was utterly defeated because the other player ceased to exist.

In other words, it is stupid that when a player resigns, they do not become an AI imo. :|
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Hardeep

Re: Resigning

Post by Hardeep »

In the first game you simply are too inferior in strategy to crush someone with 0 TCs while you have at least 20-25

And resigning often results in a very unfair alliance against whoever made the person submit, pretty much ruining the chances for a fair match

Maybe 2 options when resigning
1 lose (currently like this)
2 withdraw (turn into Ai)
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Hardeep wrote:Maybe 2 options when resigning
1 lose (currently like this)
2 withdraw (turn into Ai)
+1 :D
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i had a topic on how kicked players should turn or not turn to AI, what about making that logic and making the same logic here?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I think that would be a good idea.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Lol, Hardeep, that is my point. I have 20 tcs, you have 0, and the ga,e has become so tedious that I am so bored of it I'm just using the 3 or 4 closest tcs to finish you off, because it is just annoying to manauver all my troops from africa through the obstacle that was LagitKiller.

And yes, an option would be good. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

DoomCarrot wrote:Lol, Hardeep, that is my point. I have 20 tcs, you have 0, and the ga,e has become so tedious that I am so bored of it I'm just using the 3 or 4 closest tcs to finish you off, because it is just annoying to manauver all my troops from africa through the obstacle that was LagitKiller.

And yes, an option would be good. :)
Yeah, so why don't you just resign? :|
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

BECAUSE I MUST WIN :twisted:
Qq0

Post by Qq0 »

Not sure about the options. If someone resigns it doesn't matter to them what happens next in the game. Surely to keep it fair (if someone randomly resigns) they should turn into an AI? This would still provide backup to teammates. Maybe if its all v all they should lose but if they have people on their side they should turn into a bot?

Return to “Others”