Unit Creator

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
Ublaz Mad Eyes

Unit Creator

Post by Ublaz Mad Eyes »

Don't be fooled by the name of this topic: you wouldn't be able to use them in campaigns. Except in mapeditor. But maybe there could be an option to turn them on in random games?

Basic stuff about it: icon drawer, stats creator, etc.
YES, THE DAY WILL COME! HIS EMPEROR'S MOST EXCELLENT MAJESTY WILL CONQUER ALL!!!

NO, I AM NOT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
patroid

Re: Unit Creator

Post by patroid »

Hi,
Yes thats needed. This idea came up a few times but noone made a topic.
Seems like Daniel is busy with Life so he dont is working on new features!?! (I hope im not wrong)

Patroid
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

you are wrong. see the out-game messaging :)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Daniel is still awesome :)
Thanks!
Josh
Ublaz Mad Eyes

Post by Ublaz Mad Eyes »

Just to clarify (this is something that could easily get forgotten about), you should be able to draw projectiles for ranged units.
YES, THE DAY WILL COME! HIS EMPEROR'S MOST EXCELLENT MAJESTY WILL CONQUER ALL!!!

NO, I AM NOT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!
Capt.Sandman

Post by Capt.Sandman »

So has this been forgotten about because this looks like it's a great idea. That way people wouldn't wait on Developers to make every unit. It would allow room for more creativity, and people would also see why their units wouldn't work in the regular campaign and multiplayer. Please bring this in! :D
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

I think the whole process could work like this for public units>>>

1st - get an Idea
2nd - open the unit editor > select the type of the draft (unit/tile/object/decoration and its size)
3rd - draft the unit/tile/object - on the pre-set layer (like the map editor, just paint the pixels)
(whats the currently average unit size after all? 36^2 pixels??)
4th - Send the Img to the forum for public aproval instead to "send to dev "option (i guess daniel would have his e-mail spamed with this so is better to send the samples here)
5th - if liked and aproved by the other players, THEN you can discuss about stats. (if is an unit ofc)
6th - if everyone agreed with the stats, Daniel can put it on the game.
7th - Test time
8th - Release and enjoy
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Detros

Post by Detros »

Problem could be with bonuses at other units. If you design, say, new horseman, it would make sense if pikeman have bonus against it.
With current 1-on-1 connections, not just something like setting a "cavalry" class or something like "defence: pierce = -50 %", one needs to check all existing units and update them accordingly. So stats-part of this design tool should have not only "has bonuses against" but also "list of units that have bonus against this unit".
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

As it is now we have unit types that already work like that. If you set a unit as U_MOUNTED the anti cavalry units will automatically have bonus against it.
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Others”