Ability to test maps in map editor.

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
SomeGuy

Ability to test maps in map editor.

Post by SomeGuy »

I suggest that the map editor should have a 'test mode' so people can test their maps before sending them. What do you think?
Who am I?
Hardeep

Re: Ability to test maps in map editor.

Post by Hardeep »

SomeGuy wrote:I suggest that the map editor should have a 'test mode' so people can test their maps before sending them. What do you think?
There already is a 'test mode'
Simply longtap the map in map editor selection screen, and the option to activate the mao should pop up. After activation, head to the own maps section in the campaigns selection menu
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

That's a good point, Hardeep, but if it could be done from the editor, it would make map creation quicker.

Also, if it can be done directly from the editor, I think people will be more likely to test their maps, which might mean better fan maps. Do you get what I am saying?
Who am I?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I think this way it is ok now.
one thing i can think of: one can only send map if he has it in his own map section (assuming he already tried it)
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

What if we had an option in the map editor menu to send maps to the 'Own Maps' section? Or replace the 'Send To Dev' button with a 'Send To Own Maps' button?

I think people may not know how to get maps into the 'Own Maps' section, maybe that's why people send maps to the developer without testing them...
Who am I?

Return to “Others”