I feel like there should be a friends list.

Any other ideas that does not fit to the specific categories.
NaturalSelection

I feel like there should be a friends list.

Post by NaturalSelection »

I feel like there should be a friends list so that you could interact with players differently. And maybe even a better chat!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: I feel like there should be a friends list.

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, this is not the first request.
what i ask for is a specification how this should work, what forms what functions this module would need
thanks!
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

What is this even referring to? In-match chat? There's already a messaging system, although players should be able to message even if it isn't their turn... (discussed elsewhere...)

Friends list? This is a wargame, not bookface...you can friend people in the forum...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

This could be a good idea.
Messaging through the app out of game (and having a "friends" list) might make it easier for players to find other active players and start games with them.
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Possibly, and it would give players a way to cuss out people who join matches then never move...(looking at you, natural selection...)...but it seems as though it would take away activity from the forums...we seem to be getting more activity and new members, lately... ;-)
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Maybe, but you would be able to block people like on the forum. And it would be more convenient than to log in on the forum. :)
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Possibly...I'd like to hear what some other people think about the idea...
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I like it, maybe have the ability to "invite" people to private games as well (not everyone is on the forum) :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

That's just another incentive for people to join the forum...even if they aren't very active, they can find people to play with...unfortunately, it seems that the vast majority of people join matches and never take a turn...

Return to “Others”