What happened to tournaments

Shark guy 35

What happened to tournaments

Post by Shark guy 35 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:42 am

There haven't been any tournaments for 2 years! What happened?
AOF poll for planned upscaling of all unit stats.
More info and voting section is below.
Thanks!

https://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic ... 115&t=8903

makazuwr32

Re: What happened to tournaments

Post by makazuwr32 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:24 am

If in short — time.
Because it is tournament each match is far more difficult than usual — both sides require to plan their moves much more carefully.

Also another problem is that it is world wide and difference between players' time can be 10-12 hours (so when one person is active another one is sleeping).

And last problem is that each match can last months and during this period balance can be too drasically changed (for example like that planned stats upscale).

At least that what i have noticed.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:32 am

i think simply players get "lost" in mission and so the tournament games gets stuck... (sure the long match lengths counts in this)

SirPat

Post by SirPat » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:38 am

We should add in a built in tournament in game if possible like theirs players that'll join the tournaments. And itll have a 2 weeks of registry then after that each tournament would have 20+ players facing each other in a elimination tournament or until how many we can get. Then who ever wins would be part of the next tournament which would be the finals. Until there would be a Grand winner. But to make it more easier i think the tournaments would work like this the total amount of players would be divided into 8 so each of that would be a tournament itself. Then after all of the 8 tournaments have a winner. They would face each other in the grand finals so all 8 players would fight at 1v1's same as the first tournaments. Until we reach the last 1v1 then babam we the winner gets the first tournament winner crown( one and only) and he gets a prize money of 500 gems or Iwas thinking of adding something like players would need to deposit 5 gems when joining the tournament and the winner would get all of the total gems collected
RTS is my life :ugeek:
WCIII WCIIIFT SCI SCII C&C
FPS is also my life :ugeek:
CODII CODMWIII CODBOII CS1.6 CS:GO

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:35 am

i would not implement anything (consuming 3-4 days of coding time) that seems to not work via forum on the first place...

QuadrupoleStrat

Post by QuadrupoleStrat » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:49 am

Maybe adding CLOSED or CANCELED at tournaments?
People might be confused about it. Also for the sws and red alert strategy.
Support the new AoS variant AoD (Age of Discovery)
Please head here - viewforum.php?f=230
Thanks!

Return to “Introduction”