Stackmania - FIXED

Sunrise Samurai

Stackmania - FIXED

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Que circus music, enter the clown car.

A wagon can hold 3 ships. Each ship can hold another wagon, allowing 3 wagons in the space of 1, and a further iteration puts 9 wagons in the space of 1. You can potentially cram infinite units inside a single space.

This can be safely hidden inside a building to avoid notice, but the most terrifying aspect is infinite movement speed. Each iteration allows you to move the speed of one more wagon further in a single turn, possibly dropping units off along the way.

Maybe we should exclude transport ships from entering wagons :lol: unless we like getting our tcs stolen by an enemy across the map.
The glorious sun rises again
General Brave

Re: Stackmania

Post by General Brave »

You shouldn't have said anything, now everyone knows about it. The only problem here it's a very risky thing to do, one good hit and everything's gone.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

And also it doesn't sound too useful to do, you can only place like two units in one wagon which is costly. The only thing good for this is well, not much...
Sunrise Samurai

Doesn't take much. 3 death knights, 3 transports, and 4 wagons can be stacked without branching out to reach 5 speed per wagon, plus 6 for the death knights, totaling 26. More than enough to go from a safe distance through a crack in defenses to the enemy's home base. Most players won't have anything really in those tcs, so they are easy to capture while you fireball all their factories to oblivion. At that point, they won't recover even if they turn around and dislodge you from their base.

Killing the outermost wagon drops the transport, so you only lost that wagon, not the whole stack in this case, so it isn't really risky anyway.
Sunrise Samurai

Actually, you can include transport speed if your route has water to cross, making it even faster.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Unless it was on the river, but it's probably second boat in there. Is that what you did, do you have death Knights in that boat?
Sunrise Samurai

Lol no. Actually, I'm posting here to stop the clown car exploit. I don't plan on using it, as I would consider it akin to cheating.

If I wanted to use it, I'd have kept my mouth shut until after the fact so I could surprise you.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Wouldn't work because it's in the water. have you try pirate ships?
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

This is where walls actually get useful
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Alexander: can u fix this? (it is only jsoning)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

If only jsons are needed i can figure out hoe to fix it.

Anyway no ship should be allowed inside a transport (unless we make a specific transport for that purpose only) and, at the same time, i would allow no transport inside ships (since this is too exploutable).

Every movement must be

Transport>units inside

Ship>units inside

Inside units for transports shouldn't be anything but humanoid soldiers on foot (no cavalry and giants allowed inside for obvious reason).
Age of Fantasy design leader
Sunrise Samurai

If you make wagons excluded from transport ships, can transport ships get 3 capacity so we can still move troops across the water without millions of ships?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i suggest changing only the bug first (ship in transport), and to discuss in separate thread the removing of non-carrying units too from transports (they are important in many strategies, also on exploring - eg. cavalry in transportships/transports)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I know but we need to use scouts for that purpose. I don't think is right that cavalry can enter transports.

The idea of double movement is basically wrong (the movement inside the cart should take place instead of the unit movement, and not in addition).

I believe that carts should belong to infantry (that is slower) and spellcaster (that need protection).

Big units shouldn't simply enter a cart anda mounted unit shouldn't be able to enter a cart (or at least should occupy more slots).
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, but i suggest these changes in a separate thread - there is reason why we kept it in aos too, however it was me myself suggesting to change :)
Alexander82

Re: Stackmania - FIXED

Post by Alexander82 »

That should be solved as well

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”