Lich does not reanimates from tc

DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Lich does not reanimates from tc

Post by DoomCarrot »

I have found two bugs.

1. When a lich is in a tc, and you attempt to use reanimate dead, sometimes it works fine, and sometimes nothing happens, as if you are not allowed to use it from a tc. However, on occassion, the spell will seem to "fail" and no dead in range are reanimated, and the lich loses its action/turn.

2. When you do not attack or cast a spell with a lich, it will automatically attempt to convert something in range, like builders automatically build things if you forget. However, the lich will often convert things out of its conversion range when it uses it automatically.

For instance. I moved my lich but could not do anything with it, as everything was out of range. However, when I pressed end turn, it successfully used convert on a unit one space out of conversion range.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
LordOfAles

Re: Lich automatically spellcasts glitch

Post by LordOfAles »

Confirmed by LordOfAles
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Lich automatically spellcasts glitch

Post by Stratego (dev) »

autocast is an old bug, it has a topic, lets talk it there.

but the other non casting thing i never saw, i tried it 10 times and worked always.
can u tell me how to reproduce it? can u make a mapdesign where i can reproduce the glitch in a few turns?

important q: dio u see "miss" text appearing when bthis happens?
LordOfAles

Re: Lich does not reanimates from tc

Post by LordOfAles »

It does if it misses, if it doesn't miss it will just convert the unit, it can also convert units with 100% convert resistance
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry, but we are not talking abou concverting. are we?

my q was for this line: "you attempt to use reanimate dead, sometimes it works fine, and sometimes nothing happens"
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes, there was once or twice when I tried to use the spell from within a tc, and it basically just ended the lich's turn. I don't know how to reproduce it, because it only happened once or twice, and on very random occassion
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

DoomCarrot wrote:Yes, there was once or twice when I tried to use the spell from within a tc, and it basically just ended the lich's turn. I don't know how to reproduce it, because it only happened once or twice, and on very random occassion
ok but do u remember any "miss" sign there?
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Yes I think it did miss, but that is the strange thing because it should always work?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, i never saw that, is it possible that it was a so old version so recently we have it fixed?

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”