Skirmisher upgrade cost reduction IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
godOfKings

Skirmisher upgrade cost reduction IMPLEMENTED

Post by godOfKings »

Honestly speaking 6 turn for upgrading skirmisher is too much wen catapults r more effective at killing archers, their damage is too low against other units, even for defending shielder is more useful, and skirmisher is cannon fodder to even the weakest cavalry, all in all, i think their upgrade cost should b as cheap as spearman at 3 turns
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
SirPat

Re: Skirmisher upgrade cost reduction

Post by SirPat »

True
I am Pat :>

I barely visit the forums, but when I do and u saw me reading your post. Expect a whole paragraph to be released about your topic. well except if I like your idea and the idea is perfect as it is, if so ill give u my support
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

good for me, lets ask @Endru1241
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I agree.
I am only concerned if it wouldn't be too less if skirmishers gets +1 speed and +25% damage bonus vs mounted (as disscussed in Skirmisher bonuses tune-up)

In case of overall skirmisher boost - would 4 turn upgrade tech be more fitting?
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Even with bonus, max upgraded skirmisher only deals 1 more than archer and same damage as max long bowman, in which case its still better to use higher range archers against cavalry, speed might b useful, wat about also making skirmisher horseman have 6 speed?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Even with bonus, max upgraded skirmisher only deals 1 more than archer and same damage as max long bowman, in which case its still better to use higher range archers against cavalry, speed might b useful
Yeah - arbalest is still better, but with 3 upgrade time it would have to be compared with crossbowman - and I think master skirmisher is slightly superior then.
wat about also making skirmisher horseman have 6 speed?
That's what I'm indenting.

After all, I started to calculate and additionally slightly increased upgraded skirmishers bonus vs archers.
Look at Skirmisher bonuses tune-up and please tell if 3 turns for upgrade is still OK.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

As long as base dmg and hp is still low, its ok

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Endru1241 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:03 pm I agree.
I am only concerned if it wouldn't be too less if skirmishers gets +1 speed and +25% damage bonus vs mounted (as disscussed in Skirmisher bonuses tune-up)

In case of overall skirmisher boost - would 4 turn upgrade tech be more fitting?
sorry i didt not think of making it to be 3 turns but a only a few turns cheaper than 6, but whatever you think is good.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:05 pm
sorry i didt not think of making it to be 3 turns but a only a few turns cheaper than 6, but whatever you think is good.
The thing is that once catapult becomes common skirmisher loses its usefulness against archers, especially as elite longbow man deals 10 dmg, enough to kill any archer wounded by catapult area damage, from safer distance

On the side note i suggest to raise upgrade cost of longbow man to 6 turns, combined with high morale and religious fervent they become too deadly

Return to “Unit balancing”