Siege Tower difficult to employ. IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.

Moderator: Endru1241

StormSaint373

Siege Tower difficult to employ. IMPLEMENTED

Post by StormSaint373 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Of all the available siege, siege towers are the slowest and hardest to move around.

Catapult
Trebuchet
Balista

... Can all be transported via wagon.

Ram Gains speed after upgrades
Siege mantlets can move through forests

All of which can be transported by boat.

All the effort you put into a siege tower, and it is difficult to even make use of.

They only have spd 1, can't move in Forest tiles, cannot be transported via wagon, cannot be transported by boat...

If it wasn't for it's carry cap, I'd say that it would be the least used piece of siege equipment.

Can we please discuss this to make it better.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .

Endru1241

Re: Siege Tower difficult to employ.

Post by Endru1241 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:05 pm

Siege tower is a mobile tower.
Packed with correct units it can massacre others.

The one thing I believe can be changed is long build time - rams are much more cost effective after all.

The question is how much?

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:27 pm

Erm. . .

It's not able to hold artillery like normal towers.

With that there's also the "flying" issue... Sending troops over water tiles glitches them into place for the rest of the game.

And a major factor, is the fact that they can't get loaded onto any transports.
And worse yet, they are unable to cross bridges.

So, if there's water they become useless.

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:40 pm

About water tiles - it's engine bug - jsons cannot change anything.

About being transported - I actually didn't notice - It does indeed have canBeCarried set to false. I though it was supposed to not be able to go into wagon, where did the rest came from?
I'm gonna try how it works with only trnCanNotCarryMe.

Also - when I tried to use it effectively it is indeed quite slow - too slow.
It really needs that 2 speed upgrade.
Or maybe it deserves speed 2 even before upgrade.

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:50 am

Yes, please...

And,... Does it need an upgrade? I do not know where, stat-wise, it can be improved. Aside from hp, movement, and armor

And another thing is that I noticed that it can't fit in buildings, TCs, and castles.

SirPat

Post by SirPat » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:34 am

StormSaint373 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:50 am
Yes, please...

And,... Does it need an upgrade? I do not know where, stat-wise, it can be improved. Aside from hp, movement, and armor

And another thing is that I noticed that it can't fit in buildings, TCs, and castles.
Yess indeed we need to change this for the greater good of aos I was actually thinking about this last week :lol: my ideas was:
Really needs 2 speed maybe add armored seige tower thats get more health +15 to survive another cannon shot and more armor/p.armor also is it possible to only fit cannoniers and hwachas in the seige tower cause i dont want to see any trebuchets in these cannons are nice cause it looks more possible to fit in than a trebuchet which is obviously 2X bigger than the seige tower. Also these should be too scary if you have three catapults in one ST(Seige Tower) cause it would wreck havoc upon thy enemy and if it gets destroyed thats a big sacrifice to make

And you can't train it in a seige workshop or anything else same as the seige mantlet I played lots of games where in I tried to use ST's effectively but there really slow at the time I finished building and loading all of my ST's I already claimed half of the map and that was a 50/50 map and get this my ST's haven't even reach half the map when I Won

And I remembered seeing wooden spikes attached onto the ST so about give it a dmg and first strike ability to make it more defensive :lol: and maybe bonus against cavalry think about it a moving fortress with spikes walls and soldiers inside :lol:

A little offtopic
Or maybe make a tech spikes for seige tower and maybe seige mantlet and maybe you need to learn this tech build traps cause obviously they all have spikey things :lol: and maybe also battering rams :lol:
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let all who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:07 am

Well, what do you think, @Endru1241 ?

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Changes I made: Siege Tower buildable in 8 turns (6 with ambidexteria), move -> 2, pierce armor -> 15, can move through bridges, can be carried by transport ships (but not by wagon).

Spikes are too high visually, but it's fine idea for upgrade (if it'll fit the image).
Siege machines inside would mess with balance too much.

For upgrade I think regular +hp, +armor along with some additional ability would be good (spikes), maybe 4th carry on 2nd upgrade.

SirPat

Post by SirPat » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:37 pm

Sounds good :D
In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight. Let all who worship evil's might, Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:12 am

Implemented?
RED, WHITE and BLUE!

Return to “Unit balancing”