Use of Unused Towers IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Endru1241

Re: Use of Unused Towers

Post by Endru1241 »

Well, I was thinking more of a tower prepared for sharpshooting - it's as high as fortress(strong, defensive tower), but lacking fortifications - instead of slits in the walls it has open tarasses - a platforms great for picking up a target.
Strategically - it would be a trade-off from fortress, where it deals better with normal forces 12 damage - 1-hit ko for unupgraded skimirsher, archers, worker. It would have 16 damage against weak units with garrisoned keep and 10 range with ballistaria. But is lacks defense and it's shooting won't deal with siege machines or armored forces (thus only bonus against cheap archers and melee and none against a knight).
Edit: Maybe name it high tower or shooting tower don't add bonuses, but make it 3 attacks with 4 power or 4 attacks with 3 power. Would make more sense - we just pack more archers into tower.
Age of Strategy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok! we can make all then.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

I think sharpshooter tower would work better with a musketeer instead of archers on it, being a mid step between the cannon and ballista.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Is there jsons for these towers? Or is it needed?
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

About sharpshooter - I think multi shot is the way here - as weird towers (gatling, barrage) will not be buildaible, it will be the only tower with more than one shot. And it fits perfectly my vision - fortress deals with siege machines, while twin tower - let's say Shooting Tower deals with infantry.

About jsons:
Not yet.
I'm jsoning all old units and right now I did ships (there is only tiny bit of a problem with categorisation for the sake of transports).
In queue I have scout bird and then wall, gate and finally towers (it's much easier to copy similar json, so after doing one the rest will be piece of cake)
Age of Strategy design leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

I see.

Just excited, that's all.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .

Return to “Unit balancing”