Rebalancing of Axe knight

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
makazuwr32

Rebalancing of Axe knight

Post by makazuwr32 »

I suggest for Axe knights Give them 50% bonus against Cavalries and Gime them Immunity to the "Camel Fear" aura while keeping their current stats.
This way they'll become much more intresting unit with some uniqueness.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
COOLguy

Re: Rebalancing of Axe knight

Post by COOLguy »

Interesting. Why should it do that? (be immune)

I'll try to have a look at the original post and see what the axe rider was for.
Thanks!
Josh
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

there is incoming another unit with fear which also is more availible than Mammelucks.
So i think there could be some fearless anti-cavalry unit but with less bonuses than lancer's.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Alternative suggestion: make axe knight a mounted version of axe thrower. This would make it a short ranged anti building cavalry, perfect for lighting fast raids on structures.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

but then chariots would b totally useless , (unless the spacious chariots and other upgrade tech r implemented)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

there is incoming tech for chariots to upgrade them but still i don't like idea of throwing axe mounted unit.
especially when there is incoming total rebalance of normal axe thrower.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

The axe knight was supposed to just be a weak, cheaper knight.... According to its main supporters *cough infowars cough* it was mainly just for campaign maps. I really have not found too much use for it except in small maps, where even being able to make a tough cavalry unit in a turn less is a big deal.

The thing about it is that it is barely competitive with the knight, but it has no upgrades. So if you are willing to invest more than 4-8 turns in cavalry, the knight is hands down the way to go, or even hussars if you value speed and bonsues. In situations where you need cavalry ASAP, the light cavalry is usually a better choice, as it can get where it needs to be quicker, and fully upgraded can take down an axe knight in a head on head fight.

I think the best way to make the axe knight useful is giving it MASSIVE bonuses against siege weaponry, especially battering rams and wagons (I am talking 2-1 hit kill, respectively). Which would make sense (axes can easily cleave through wood, especially on a galloping horse) and it would make it useful in certain tactical situations. Such as when someone starts attacking with wagons and battering rams, and wagons full of battering rams full of soldiers. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I got an idea, how about axe knight has 0 armor, no bonus and double action, does they actually become fast and brutal, if 16 DMG is too much their base atk could b 7 or 6

The pic should b changed to show he is wielding two axes instead of a shield
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

They can just hold horse's rein with second hand instead of shield.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

DoomCarrot wrote:I think the best way to make the axe knight useful is giving it MASSIVE bonuses against siege weaponry, especially battering rams and wagons (I am talking 2-1 hit kill, respectively). Which would make sense (axes can easily cleave through wood, especially on a galloping horse) and it would make it useful in certain tactical situations. Such as when someone starts attacking with wagons and battering rams, and wagons full of battering rams full of soldiers.
I am intrigued
Thanks!
Josh
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think it should b renamed to mounted wood cutter :lol:

if a 3 turn flail soldier can kill a 7 turn Spartan in one hit, I wouldn't b surprised to see another 3 turn unit kill a 4 turn wagon in one hit, so I support whatever decision is taken regarding bonus, and I m kind of angry with the op nature of wagons frankly, especially wen u just capture a tc, put a wagon in it to keep it filled while the enemy castle is busy killing Ur 'visible' units, and after 2 turns u drag Ur newly created Shielder into the wagon, bring wagon next to castle and then bring Shielder out to strike a fatal blow, suddenly a newly created shielder starts moving 7 tiles in a turn

Return to “Unit balancing”