Ideas for a more balanced game play.

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Belfry777

Ideas for a more balanced game play.

Post by Belfry777 »

The only thing aos needs now, more that ever is balance. A balance between units. Because there is a lot of units like the spartan and the axe knight that usually are never used, and it's a disgrace. However you see players use knights without end because of their powerful specifications and low cost makes a very cheep and useful man to have a your fingertips, I mean who is going to wait almost ten turns for an archer on an elephant when you could easily get a archer on horse back which are faster and cheaper. The same goes for the spartan, who wants to wait 7 turns when if a catapult is 8 turns. Below are some units that need balancing.

-Spartan cost 6 link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5186
-area damage for ballista removed?
-(fill in!)
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
COOLguy

Re: Ideas for a more balanced game play.

Post by COOLguy »

Make sure that it is actually balance needed and not just preference.

ie people have always liked xbowmen and catapults and knights more than axe men great transports ans legionnaires. But there is some who still use them.
Thanks!
Josh
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

The idea is that it would be a even game with units better at killing some units than others, right?
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Hey, great transports do have uses sometimes. You just have to ask how much transport you really need. Typically, it falls between "basic transport works for this quick job" and "just build a bridge and never worry about it again." There is a tiny niche between those where you want a bigger strike force. Alternatively, it makes a great decoy since everyone knows if you have a choice between killing the little transport before it lands or the big one, you are safer killing the big one.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

nice idea, the decoy i used was more expensive (a combination of a trebuchet and a cannon ship) and lost them both, but it still payed out as i was able to assassinate the enemy castle :lol: with the super light speed movement of transport ship and wagon (13 + tiles covered in a single turn!!!)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

I think we need to list some units that we think are under powered or just not used enough.

Return to “Unit balancing”