Ideas for a more realistic game play (balancing wagon use)

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
godOfKings

Ideas for a more realistic game play (balancing wagon use)

Post by godOfKings »

This thread contains the links to the different ideas that together could change the entire gameplay and make it more realistic. But as they r different I thought merging them would make it too confusing for the readers so I put the links to the ideas in this thread. Please read them and give your opinions to improve upon these ideas and make them ready for voting.
If anybody can find other important ideas that could make the game more realistic, but is too big a change or too difficult to implement, then b free to share the links here in replies :) but do write the ideas in separate topics

Stratego's idea to ban knights from wagons
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4271

My idea for more balanced range ( This is not exactly important right now but could b worked on later for problems like it is impossible for lancers to reach range 8 horse archers without wagons)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4647

My idea to make garrisoning sieges more realistic so that it is possible to attack with sieges without needing wagons
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4579

My idea to ban powerful sieges from wagons
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4662
Last edited by godOfKings on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Belfry777

Re: Ideas for a more realistic game play

Post by Belfry777 »

we were thinking of this but if we where to make a more realistic game no one would play! I mean who wants to cep track of food supplies. :lol: :lol:
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

to the sieges:
Most common strategy in medieval Russia (i don't know how in Europe) was taking all needing materials and engineers and building siege weapons (including trebushets) near town or something else that you want to siege.

So maybe redesign engineers (not workers but the ones who builds several strange towers) so that they can build siege weapons (Battering rams, Siege towers, catapults, all ships, Siege mantlets, Trebushets, ballistas) at faster rate than workers.
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

So u mean to say there shouldn't b any way to transport sieges over long distances, we should instead only send workers via wagons to build new sieges in the front lines? I don't think that's good idea as siege workshop will almost become completely useless. I still like the idea of some sieges being able to carry by wagons, like ballista cannon and battering ram, and some sieges being transformed into faster moveable units, like catapult and trebuchet, and some sieges can b built by workers, as siege mantlet and siege tower and cannon tower, is a good idea as different sieges will have different strategic uses
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

No.
I'm thinking about something different.
First: Adding siege engineers with faster rate of constructing units. If possible than only units and no buildings at all, can't help workers to increase speed of constructing of buildings. More expencive (4 or even 5 turns) and also affected by ambidextria.
Second: All siege range land units can't move and attack in one turn. Only move or attack. (including ballista).
Third: To implement this Siege units need two forms: Siege form, immovable and moving form with range of 1 and 1 damage.
Fourth: All land units are buildable in their movable form.
Fifth: To compensate this we can increase ballista's/trebushet's/catapult's speed by 1-2 points in their movable form.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Basically send siege engineers via wagons to the front lines?

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Nope.
You can build in siege workshop also your siege.
but all ranged land units from them would have 2 forms: attack form with range and moving form.
To compensate that we can increase their speed by 1-2. Also i thought that they must be more durable even with cavalry and infantry and give them more hp (but still catapult/trebushet can one-shot another catapult/trebushet)
They still can transported by wagons. Just they can't exit from the wagon and immediately fire.
Also Siege angineers are built in siege workshops i thought. not in TC. and with cost of 4-5 turns you must choose where to put your production: to train some siege engineers or to build ballistas/catapults.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

The first idea about movable version, was already suggested as packed version, and I don't think we need another type of worker to take the job of original worker, it will just make it too long to make siege units to attack Ur enemies at this rate,

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

but he has higher rate of building siege.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Yea
godOfKings

Re: Ideas for a more realistic game play (balancing wagon us

Post by godOfKings »

Makazuwr suggested banning spell use from inside wagons
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5176

Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

personally I think we should rename spells to something else, I mean like it sounds like witchcraft!
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Then make a new topic for renaming spells, don't write here, here only wagon balancing ideas is accepted

Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Belfry777 wrote:personally I think we should rename spells to something else, I mean like it sounds like witchcraft!
He meant AoF spells
The glorious sun rises again
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

No I meant spells for aos but spells for aof is a good place for spells anyway, and knights should not be able to use wagons because of their long range, with knights able to use wagons it can be like a trogen wagon!

Return to “Unit balancing”