1x1 castles in Maps from AOS fans - IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about unit or structure properties.
Gammacee

1x1 castles in Maps from AOS fans - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Gammacee »

Good Morning.

I am currently playing through the AOS fan maps and have found an issue with a couple of them which I think is a balancing bug (But feel free to relocate this message if you disagree)

Basically, in a couple of the maps (Currently playing "Castle by Levin") there are 1x1 castles. These cannot be occupied, they have very high hit points (1020) and the usual unit modifiers do not seem to be applied. For instance, a battering ram does 3 points of damage. Fire archers do not set them on fire. The only way to damage them seems to be using elephants (~12 points per hit) and catapults (31 points per hit) which takes forever (I do not have access to the Trebuchet yet).

In my current game, I have defeated my opponent after 19 turns (4 gems) but it will take another 30-40 turns to remove the castles (1 gem!)
"Chessboard by Deptusi" has the same issue, only 8 castles to remove this time. Defeated in 23 turns, castles took 70 turns...

Could I suggest that the 2500% modifier applied to the battering ram for 2x2 castles is corrected for these 1x1 castles or that the maps gem award is adjusted for the 'realism' of the long siege!

Cheers
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: 1x1 castles in Maps from AOS fans.

Post by Stratego (dev) »

those are the old style "great castle"-s, they should be replaced with the big 3x3 sized great castles.
thanks for telling me !
Calibear

Post by Calibear »

I kinda liked the castles and chessboard of Levin and Deptusi. It took me several retries until I found the best unit to do teh job. Codename: "Dat ASSassin" can death touche the castles and I reaped 4 gems as the fruit of my retries. :D
Strategy...Strategy.. I want your strategy! Wait, did you just only used tactics!?
Dalex

Post by Dalex »

You can always use Assassins :D one shot, one kill ;)
- Dalex
Calibear

Post by Calibear »

I see a little confusion on the 1x1 Castle. There is another castle built by workers and the size is 2x3 right? They are both castles but we need to differ them.
Strategy...Strategy.. I want your strategy! Wait, did you just only used tactics!?
Calibear

Castles, Castles

Post by Calibear »

In Age of Strategy, there are two castles existing:

Castle A - Color: Grey, Size: 1x1
Castle B - Color: Yellow with red, Size: 2x3, Built by workers.

Castle A is like prebuilt or placed already as you start the map.
Meanwhile, Castle B must be built from 16-24 turns by worker and its the one creating Tanegashima ashigarus. I request to rename Castle B as Feudal Castle since it creates ashigarus. Also I want the Feudal Castle to create Samurais. If any suggest a different name, I would like to hear.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

the txt was the old vesion of it, than i removed 1x1 (you can not build it) and implemented the 3x3 image sized (3x2 base size) version.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

please list here all maps that has this old style castle and i will replace them with the new big one.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

"Castles, Castles" topic is merged here. please dont open new topic on existing topics, thanks.
Gammacee

Post by Gammacee »

I hadn't thought about trying assassins. The Idea of "Assassinating" a castle does make me chuckle. Thanks for the advice folks.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: 1x1 castles in Maps from AOS fans - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i closed it since i believe there is no more 1 tile oldstyle castles nowhere.

Return to “Unit balancing”