Hero! (all nations)

Things that did not fit to the other parts
Belfry777

Hero! (all nations)

Post by Belfry777 »

Church hill,Hitler,FDR, Truman and Stalin were all leaders of their nations and would be nice to have as a unit that helps power units, like...

Church hill - strengthens troops.
Stalin - faster movement.
Hitler - fire power.
FDR - Health.
Truman - Deference bonus on all buildings.

I know to any Jew that Hitler is an offence to them, so I would make the choice to another general like "Rommel".
Also, I would like there to be before any game start to be a choice of Hero, this would be, if there were more than one choice.
A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Puss_in_Boots

Re: Hero! (all nations)

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Don't forget.

Japanese: Hirohito
Italian: Benito Mussolini

I don't think anybody cares about French, Spanish Chinese leaders of the time.
OLÉ
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Thanks "pussinboots"! Any others?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Those units doesn't make sense, especially as producable, image having 4 Hitlers etc at one place. Also,states leaders in those times weren't (mostly) military leaders,only way they can "buff" soldiers are speeches mayby,but it's rather far from front. Honestly,I think Hitler's influence on military weren't good- he ordered halt at Dunkirk ect.
I would more likely see some good generals (Patton,Rommel,Zhukov...) as "heroes',but definitely not producable.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

These, "hero," units are not producable units. That example makes no sense. In the game players start with only one, and cannot produce them in a building. If that option can't be available then at least put them in as map editor units.
Anyways, even if a mapmaker wants to make 4 Hitlers, let him make 4 Hitlers. :lol:

Doubt anybody will be thinking about Hitler halting his troops at Dunkirk, whilst they play him or against him on the map. Joseph Stalin has stood his ground courageously at Stalingrad refusing relocation. What would that do? Motivate the Red Army to fight harder in the defense of Stalingrad.
OLÉ
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Agree with Midonik
But i think instead of generals we need some real Heroes for all sides.
For example
Some Soviet Heroes (all these aren't reproducable - once you trained them, nobody can't train them anymore, ALL these were real people and are Soviet Heroes; if not saying other they have normal stats of units they are based on):

1. Panfilov I. - Same stats as Soviet rifleman, has 2 actions/turn, has AT grenade with 1 turn cooldown, has "Stand 'till last man" Aura for basic infantries in 2 tiles range: gives +10 exp. armor to infantries (doesn't affect himself).

2. Gastello N. - Yak-9 soviet plane with additional damage (+2), but after death becomes a suicide plane with 1 turn vanishing, 5 hp and 200/200 armor (it almost can't be killed but it has no attack) and guaranteed kill skill for any tank-type unit, deals also 15 damage to nearby units.

3. Talalihin V. - Mig-3 soviet plane with additional damage (+2), but after death becomes a suicide plane with 1 turn vanishing, 5 hp and 200/200 armor (it almost can't be killed but it has no attack) and guaranteed kill skill for any plane unit. After second death turns into soviet rifleman unit with half hp of it. If he gets to the airport he can again become a pilot of Yak with same stats.

4. Hrustizky V. - T-34 unit with aura for other allied T-34 units that gives permanent +2/+2 armor and +5 attack in range of 2 tiles after its death (of enemy attack, not from "kill unit" ability).

5. Pavlichenko L. - the most efficient soviet sniper of 1941-1942 years. Killed 311 Nazis and stopped 11 tanks by killing tank mechanic-drivers. Has range 2 tiles, half hp of normal sniper, oneshots any infantry unit and has bonus damage against tanks and other hero units.

6. Ovcharenko D. - Soviet infantry unit with bonus damage to heroes. Only soviet hero unit who can capture enemy heroes (has 20% chance on attack to capture enemy hero).

7. Lyubushkin I. - T-34 unit who has bonuses against all other tanks (higher than normal) and better armor. Has self-repair ability with 3 turns cooldown (self-heal on 50%) and +1 damage aura for infatry units.

8. Roditelev A. - Rifleman unit, has better stats (+8 hp, + 2 armor and +2 exp.armor), has AT grenades ability with 1 turn cooldown and "Capture" ability to get enemy artillery and tank units (100% chance) at cost of 50% of health.

9. Lavrinenkov V. (Brother of №15) - IL-2 unit with +2 scout range, +1 speed, +50% hp, has for other IL-2 units +5 damage aura.

10. Manshuk M. - Mashine gun infantry unit with 4 actions/turn and 2 tiles range but has -1 speed.

11. Avdeev A. - Artillery unit who after death becomes Mashine gun unit with 3 actions/turn and AT grenades ability with 1 turn cooldown.

12. Vladimirov B. - rifleman unit with ability to give other basic infantries in 4 tiles range for 1 turn +3 attack and +3/+0 armor. Cooldown - 5 turns.

13. Kazaev A. - rifleman unit with ability to give other basic infantries in 3 tiles range for 2 turns +2 attack and +2/+1 armor but after they get -6 attack and -2/-2 armor for 2 turns. Cooldown 5 turns.

14. Koberidze E. - rifleman unit with +1 speed and aura for other basic infantries +1 speed in range of 3 tiles. Can build pontoon bridges and has 2 actions/turn.

15. Lavrinenkov D. (Brother of №9) - diversion infantry unit (stats as rifleman, has perma invisibility, has no damage), can build more powerful mines (100% destroy any tank up to heavy ones and dealing 40 damage to heavy tanks) for 1 turn, Avalance (barricade from fallen trees, 7 hp, 0/18 armor) and can capture (melee range, 50% chance) enemy land technical units (artillery, tanks, jeeps and others)

16. Bochkovsky A. - KV-2 (even more powerful and heavy than KV-1) unit with self-repair ability (mend 50%) once per 5 turns and aura for other allied (basic only) tanks to give them +2 damage in 3 tiles range.

17. Kuchenkov M. - SU-152 (most powerful anti-tank unit during war with 152 mm weapon and 120-150 mm armor, could eaily shoot down tigers and panthers of Nazi's) unit which gains +2 damage for each your unit killed by enemy near it (in 4 range).

More incoming...
If you want i can search for German heroes.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

We can make a unit type unique in game. But we dont have separate production queue 4 them yet.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Stratego (dev) wrote:We can make a unit type unique in game. But we dont have separate production queue 4 them yet.
I am sorry I don't get the statement.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Belfry777 wrote:
Stratego (dev) wrote:We can make a unit type unique in game. But we dont have separate production queue 4 them yet.
I am sorry I don't get the statement.
sorry makazuwr32 mentioned (maybe in pm) that in some buildings heroes could have separate "production queue" i was trying to mention that we do not have that mechanic currently.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Okay, thanks for clearing that up, I still think "Hero" in like leaders and generals is a good idea and both should be produced in the nation's special buildings.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Agreed on the special buildings.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Personally I think the Japanese have the best Building because the can build two of them.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

the engine is ready to welcome heroes as LEGENDARY or / UNIQUE units.
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

Okay those are good qualifying groups, Leaders of nations should be legendary, generals should be unique, but the title legendary should be changed. imho
Last edited by Belfry777 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Still i don't like idea of bringing on the field Nation Leaders (Stalin, Churchill, Hitler, etc)
1. This will start some unlikely discussions about game.
2. They didn't take any action in real battles. Most of time instead they sat back and planned them.
Point 2. applies also to generals. They were designers of strategic operations, not the real fighters.
If you want some unique units in game than let's use real heroes of that war. Like the ones i suggested.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Belfry777

Post by Belfry777 »

I get what you are saying, but I disagree. I think anything historically accurate should be added.

Return to “Others”