The French

Here you can discuss what kind of nations should be in the new game.
Alpha

The French

Post by Alpha »

The French should be implemented ;3 right after Poland.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Midonik

Re: The French

Post by Midonik »

Thats true. But what was their strongness and weekness? (Lets skip White flags)
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I mean they had really good heavy Tanks, and somewhat good air force and Infantry
Epic Gamer Moment!
At'thl

Post by At'thl »

The French should probably focus on defences. The had some decent artilary, and heavy tanks that were very slow, but extremely resilient for the time.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I already spammed tons of tanks in units! :lol: I believe you will find some french Heavys ;3
Epic Gamer Moment!
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

Post by Prof_GamerARCHIVED »

Not at all. The french army wasnt modernised and prepared when the germans attacked them. Their tanks, artillery, airforce and navy was weak/average and their infantry was average.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Most French tanks were very ressilent, expensive, and heavily armed. The France was one of the nation with the biggest tank army in early war period. French tanks were also effective in early war period. Too bad that the commander make mistakes with them.
Somua S35
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOMUA_S35
Many smaller units assembled after the start of World War II also used the Renault FT. This usage gave rise to the popular myth that the French had no modern equipment at all; in fact, they had more modern tanks than the Germans. --from wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_F ... ce_history
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

As i said, almost none of france's tanks were modern. They were all designed way before the 2nd world war started. How can you even compare these rusty pieces of iron with the german tanks?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

Professional_Gamer wrote:As i said, almost none of france's tanks were modern. They were all designed way before the 2nd world war started. How can you even compare these rusty pieces of iron with the german tanks?
Many smaller units assembled after the start of World War II also used the Renault FT. This usage gave rise to the popular myth that the French had no modern equipment at all; in fact, they had more modern tanks than the Germans. --from wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_F ... ce_history
Try to check this link.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Rekt
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

"In fact they had more modern tanks than the germans" oh really? Is that why the germans totally annihilated them? Modern or not, german tanks were way better and thats all that matters.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Can you give a link,where did you read it?
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

LordOfAles wrote:Rekt
Stay out of this kid
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Professional_Gamer wrote:"In fact they had more modern tanks than the germans" oh really? Is that why the germans totally annihilated them? Modern or not, german tanks were way better and thats all that matters.
Strategy and tatics. And Samuelch say about that "too bad comanders make misstakes with them". Thats the reason I think.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Professional_Gamer wrote:
LordOfAles wrote:Rekt
Stay out of this kid
Peace brotha'
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

LordOfAles wrote:Can you give a link,where did you read it?
I havent read it. I've compared french and german tanks. Just to let you know wiki and things you read on the internet arent always correct.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I didnt read anything,i just watched documentaries
Prof_GamerARCHIVED

LordOfAles wrote:I didnt read anything,i just watched documentaries
Soo, were you not leaving?
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

No
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

German only had Pz II-III and few pz IV at that time. Almost every pages that I found say that German wins because of superior tactic and tactical radio.
(let's stop this one too)
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

samuelch wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:05 pm German only had Pz II-III and few pz IV at that time. Almost every pages that I found say that German wins because of superior tactic and tactical radio.
(let's stop this one too)
Yes, but panzers were way more powerful with heavy armour and good weaponry. So let's get practical and technical. Starting with panzer II.
Most produced variants:
1.Panzer II Asuf. c,A,B,C (note the capital and small 'c' has some difference) produced 1,113such units, and reading their specs they seem to be considerably powerful for that time.
2. Panzer II Asuf F :They too are very good tanks. Undergone some major modifications. It had a 30mm turret in the front and 15 mm to the sides and rear. That's some good firepower for that time and French didn't have any good tank to counter panzers. I repeat they didn't have any good tanks both quality wise and quantity wise. 524 such were built. And I guess it also had about 1 inch or a bit more, armour plate on it's front

I won't include panzer III as you are arguing that French were strong in early war period, but sorry to say your statement contradicts the reality. I checked about lots (well there no "lots" over here but anyways let's continue) of French tanks and almost none of them could compete the German tanks. Their tanks like Hotchkiss (well it was something considerable but nah, it couldn't defeat the Germans), AMC 35 (It's kinda impressive but it couldn't make it. Proof: go check the operational history over here-https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_35 ), AMR 35 (again it isn't worth comparing, it has very poor armour both comparatively and in reality. The first few lines in the wiki itself states that it's unreliable, it would be really foolish to compare 9 mm of armour to 1 inch. 7.5mm of main gun to well leave it, even the guns mounted on sides fared better), Cavalier (Just a copy or version of Crusader - British tanks) and FCM (I found it impressive but it never got produced, I liked the plan though, read more here- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCM_F1 .Well can some make an unit for this tank, I really liked this, it's also the heaviest one ordered, could do some great promotion! )
Well I think you got your answer, no doubt Germans had tactical radio and great strategies but your point of France being stronger in the early period of war is wrong. And I've proved that to you. And about modern thing. The most latest (according to ww2) tank was SOMUA S35 (which is again a good tank, at least it's somewhere near average and working and produced, we can maybe add this unit but FCM 1 we have to definitely add) Anyways let's stop this argument now and rather focus on what else French units can we add. But remember French units are not our priority.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Well, it's definitely going to be added eventually, not because it would have actually fared any better than the Char B2 tanks, but because they didn't have much variety being eliminated from the war after their 1 month of fightng.
OLÉ
IRONBLASTER36

Post by IRONBLASTER36 »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:59 am Well, it's definitely going to be added eventually, not because it would have actually fared any better than the Char B2 tanks, but because they didn't have much variety being eliminated from the war after their 1 month of fightng.
True, we have no hurry. Our priorities are British (we've neglected this country even though it was one of the key allied nation.), Italian, Japanese and maybe few Chinese units (they were mostly made on stolen (captured) American or Japanese tanks, well anyways maybe it's not that important, well they aren't). But I guess Germans re-used (with a modified version, as I said they were very weak compared to theirs) French tanks and used it further. Any idea did they do that, I was not able to find about such info?

Anyways I wanted someone to create an American DUCW units. They were used to transport troops. And it worked on both land and water. About 21k such were built! It would be a great (and important) addition in our game too. I suggest it's specs as follow:
1. Speed(land): 4(we'll need to balance it properly)
2.Speed(water):2/3 (We'll need to balance this and huggins transport boat, as per me huggins should go way faster than this)
3.Health:40
3.Damage(for a weaponized version, it just had machine gun mounted on it): 5
4.sight: 4/5( dependent on movement finalization)

What's your say on adding this American unit?

Return to “Nations”