World WAR II. only

Here is a little introduction about what basis we have here.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

World WAR II. only

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i think we should only have WWII version here, WW I is a way different unit set.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: World WAR II. only

Post by DoomCarrot »

And besides, ww2 was a war of MUCH more epic proportions. No offense to those who died in ww1, but it simply wasnt half as grand.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Ness

Post by Ness »

How about spanish civil war (1936-39), chinese civil war (1927-37, 1945-50) and ww2?
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I agree with Daniel, WW2 is definitely the one to go for. Its the most well known and had a very large variety of units :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
Dgkfadomo777

Post by Dgkfadomo777 »

I agree. world war 2 went on longer,had more devastating weapons and more countries were involved in it. Not to mention faster planes, aircraft carriers bombers and jets. World war 1 vehicles were slow, and a lot of fighting was done in trenches
RiverRaider 1097

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

WWll has my vote ) this game will be awesome :D
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
Jqwan

Post by Jqwan »

This would suit the game engine better imho. Melee units are easily bottleneckd but with all ranged this could be epic as fuk!!!! I went to college for history, specially military history with ww2 being my favorite era so again if any help is needed I'm happy to help!
Detros

Post by Detros »

If it is going to be about just one World War, shouldn't it be then "Age of World War", without "-s" in the end?
Oohps

Post by Oohps »

I agree. 1936 to 1949. Last year in China excluded. The Korean war was a modern war. 1936 allow both Spanish, Finnish and abyssinian (Ethiopian) war scenes. In Ethiopia tanks were defeated by spears. They still lost the war due to ammunition logistics. Took longer to make spears than machine gun ammo. Oohps
Kdoggy26

Post by Kdoggy26 »

It will allow a unit list roster of a wide variety.
LastStandHunter

Post by LastStandHunter »

I agree, I'm pretty sure that the audience and us have a better knowledge of WW2 due to other games choosing the the WW2 era also I think that it would be a better out come of the game plus, WW2 has a bundle of things that the game can use from weapons to vehicles. I think that we can all agree to the change of the games name. The idea of having multiple ages is cool but I don't think it woulf be done due to a huge amout of effort, planning and problems. And maybe people just want a WW2 strategy? If you are still keen on adding more ages I would suggest to implement them into sperate games with there seperate multiplayers to avoid the games clashing into each other, I think that the multiple games will not be as good as having only the WW2 as there is less concentration into other games because they are different from each other. And that's why I think that the game should stick to being a WW2 strategy instead.
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

If we aren't going to have any units from WW1, can we have a WW1 variant? Or at least if progress gets far enough, add some units from WW1?
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
BrenoHenrique

Post by BrenoHenrique »

I think some ww1 units should be in this version because tanks like the FT-17, the Mark-1 and others were used in WW2.
AoWW and AoMW graphic designer

Return to “Introduction (AOW design leader: Samuel & Professiona_Gamer)”