version 1.092

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:20 pm

version 1.091 is published

toannghe1997
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:25 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by toannghe1997 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:34 pm

The Improved and Superior rock throwing skills for the elves seem to be bugged. Whenever I play a random game, researching those techs only upgrades the attack range of the ents I already have and not the ones created afterward.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:03 am

New units based on Alexander's Modding AWESOMENESS!:
- Orc Peon
- Upgrades for Rock hurler, Ettin

uos 20

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:07 am

new unit: Troll Axe Thrower and upgrades
new tech: Magmatic bullet tech

uos 10

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:38 pm

more changes, version log so far:

New units:
Orc Peon
Troll Axe Thrower and upgrades
many other new units: Imperial Archer+Lancer+Pikeman, Halberdier and upgrades, Goblin halberdier and upgrades, elf worker, Troll Crusher Magmatic bullet tech
Upgrades for Rock hurlers, Ettins

uos 10

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:43 pm

i am about to publish to google play the version in dev version in uos 10

please test and feedback me if has any problems.
(we with alexander have modified in deep core the splash/area damage part in the engine - please test them)

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: version 1.092

Post by makazuwr32 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:43 pm

Wait a bit more. Alex is finishing dwarves revamp.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:31 pm

definitely not waiting for that, i will only put in fixes, nothing new.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:22 pm

a new update is in dev version - please test it! thanks!

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:44 pm

again new version - uos 5

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:12 pm

and update again!
burning indicator fixed

User avatar
StormSaint373
Posts: 1665
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:35 pm
Location: USA, East Ohio

Re: version 1.092

Post by StormSaint373 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:44 am

Attack Sprite for pikemen lvl 2 is messed up... They are shooting arrows now...
As for pikeman lvl 1, won't even let me select it, map editor or otherwise... Kicks me out of the game!
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:43 am

i dont find unit that i called pikeman
imperail pikeman?

i tried all human pike looking unit and caused no crash so maybe i could not find it.

please write me the exact name you see in game or if you know it the capital lettter unit type name like UNIT_SCALEDFOLK_HIGHBORN_KOBOLD_SPEARMAN

@Alexander82 can u check to the problems?

thanks!

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:14 am

ok pikeman attack animations are fixed.
uos already, please check every unit attack types if works right (was core modification)

i still hakve not found crash.

User avatar
Alexander82
Posts: 6735
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Alexander82 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:06 am

Once I can download latest dev version I'll check the crash problem
Age of Fantasy design leader

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:12 am

here also is a new thing: you can set the race to random and playerselect

please test it very much, all kind of games uses the same form (random games, campaigns, multipalyer games) to create and launch them.

IMPORTANT: in multiplayer use only PASSWORDED games to avoid non-dev version players to join.

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: version 1.092

Post by makazuwr32 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:49 am

Question: how is made "random" select games?
Every player gains completely random race?

Also for skirmish maps can you add option to generate starting units of chosen race in each tc player owns at start?


I will send soon (during next week) skirmish maps for multiplayer.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:58 am

Question: how is made "random" select games?
Every player gains completely random race?
it is up to mapdesigner, which player is random and which is not, but yes, a random "race" (dice icon) will get a race randomly amon normal races.
Also for skirmish maps can you add option to generate starting units of chosen race in each tc player owns at start?
no need imho:
a) in a skirmish map you can place it yourself
b) also you can "call" generation by giving only a single empty TC and that case on first turn starter units will be generated automatically
I will send soon (during next week) skirmish maps for multiplayer.
coool!

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: version 1.092

Post by makazuwr32 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:27 pm

I wanted a bit faster starting game:
When everyone has 2 or even 3 starting tcs with units.

Also i don't want to place units at start due to the fact that player can choose amy race.


Maybe... Add makrer units? Like "Worker marker", "Ranged marker", "Swordman marker" and "Light cav marker" which upon launching game will be replaced with corresponding units of player's choice for race.
Stratego (dev) wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:58 am
Question: how is made "random" select games?
Every player gains completely random race?
it is up to mapdesigner, which player is random and which is not, but yes, a random "race" (dice icon) will get a race randomly amon normal races.


This means that player with random "race" can't choose race upon joining game by himself?
What do we need is ability to choose freely for player that is joining into the game race for him(her)self.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:49 pm

I see the problem. Marker thing seems a little too complicated.

Idea: 2 or 3 starting TC seems to be almost equal that owning one TC but having 2-3 neutral TCs beside and i can occupy them in first turn.
isnt that good?
This means that player with random "race" can't choose race upon joining game by himself?
What do we need is ability to choose freely for player that is joining into the game race for him(her)self.
there are 2 options:
a) RANDOM(dice icon): player can not chose - it goes random
b) SELECT(question mark icon): player can select the race on joining (player MUST select race actually)

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: version 1.092

Post by makazuwr32 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:41 pm

It actually isn't.
Owning 2 tcs with 1 worker in each will speed up start of the game a lot.

As for marker thing can you make "Worker marker" unit?

And thanks for explaining the way how it is working now.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Owning 2 tcs with 1 worker in each will speed up start of the game a lot.
sorry maybe i dont understand or i could not explain myself well:
you say having:
- 2 TC
- 2 worker

i say it is better having
- 1 TC
- 2 worker + 1 knight + 1 archer (if u set the game to many starting units) - these are automatically put there if u only gave 1 TC to plyer posession on start.
- 1 (or more) Neutral TC nearby to occupy

on first move any unit can occupy the TC and you are there where you suggested or even at better.

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: version 1.092

Post by makazuwr32 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:13 pm

With many units you will have in 2 tc 4 workers, 2 ranged units and 2 cavalry units.

It is even better.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:40 pm

ok, i see :)
but we need to state how the engine knows when to spavn, current 1 TC thing is because of normal random maps where 1 TC is set for each player and into that TC (later when player joined) generated the required units.

in a multip-skirmish map any TC can be for player and any other units too.


so it is not so clear putting in - this would require some definition as u suggested "worker" archer and so on like indicator things.
we dont have these so please use current setup.

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: version 1.092

Post by makazuwr32 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:58 pm

Alright.
Alas in multi-skirmish maps i am planning to make preset starting positions in my multiplayer skirmish maps.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:01 pm

sure, the main reason making skirmish maps is to make it fair eg. on tournaments.
(or i misunderstood u :))

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: version 1.092

Post by makazuwr32 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:35 pm

Not only for tournaments but for regular multiplayer as well.
For now i am prepairing 4 1v1 maps:
20x20
25x25
30x30
35x35
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: version 1.092

Post by makazuwr32 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:15 am

Reporting minor issues during testing:
I can't choose race on skirmish map that i made in single player in "own maps" section.

I've set for both players "question mark".
Randomizing (dice) also is not working.

And it doesn't want to spawn any units in that single tc.

Upd.:
Sent map to you. Add that map to the game and let's test it.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin
Posts: 9666
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Re: version 1.092

Post by Stratego (dev) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:22 am

Yes, i saw that problem. But if u send the map and i put in it will work well.

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4470
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: version 1.092

Post by makazuwr32 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:01 pm

I already sent map to you.
At least i tried.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

Post Reply

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”