Page 5 of 5

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:42 pm
by Stratego (dev)
General Brave wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:57 am
Okay I see why the modded version isn't working, hopefully you can fix what's the problem.
ok, the modding fix is there, please check. (however it is only an attempt - worked for me but there are many device types...)

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:15 am
by makazuwr32
Well. This new minimal damage still acts weird.
@Stratego (dev), @Alexander82

My basic quick archer with 5 damage deals to imperial shielder (8 p.armor) 4 damage/shot.
With clear vision effect 6 damage/shot.
Under effect of group attack from ent 7 damage/shot. (All previous effect stacked).
With first tier of bow upgrades 9 damage/shot.

My normal archer deals 10 damage/shot to him with first tier of bow upgrades and under effect of clear vision. But when he is under group attack effect he deals 1 damage.

They haven't any listed bonuses to imperial shielder.

In general if archer of elves has less damage than enemy imperial shielder has armor than he deals more damage.
If he has more damage than enemy has armor than he deals normally his damage lowered by p.armor of enemy.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:34 pm
by Savra
Btw, I've been meaning to ask this, how many campaigns and skirmish maps are going to be in this because of you don't have any then all this was for nothing since you 'll only have access to them through map editor. Or paying for gems.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:39 pm
by Savra
(Speaking of campaigns, I wonder if I can manage to make 50 maps per race, per campaign. In other words:
Human:50 maps-200 gems
Elf:50 maps-200 gems
Orc:50 maps-200 gems
Undead:50 maps-200 gems
Dwarf:50 maps-200 gems
Scaledfolk:50 maps-200 gems
Altogether that he 1200 gems! Enough for all units and most units in the future, and it we need any more I can add to those campaigns an extra 50 each. :D )

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:57 pm
by Midonik
50 maps per camping? That's a lot, most has about 6 acctualy.
Rather spilt them into few camping. Also you mean you want to make 3000 maps by yourself?

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:03 pm
by Savra
:lol: you must think me crazy, yes I plan to do that the games already complained about my over amount of maps. Course I'll have to make new ones but the hardest part is the terrain and map size. The story comes easily.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:04 pm
by Savra
Course that's if no one's going to help, that's the idea. 8-)

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:11 pm
by Midonik
Ehhh... There is no way you can make that in less than few years in that bug quantity mentaining fine quality, and that if you would spent most of free time doing that.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:17 pm
by Savra
That's with triggers, if you don't use a lot of triggers the maps won't turn out as badly bugged as some of the campaigns are. Using some simple triggers won't hurt much and if I don't see a.trigger working I just take it out and improvise. As for how long it takes to make a map I just start placing things and checking things to see what fits and what doesnt. This way your gem crisis will be over for quit some time and I'll constantly check all my maps to see if they're doing ok. Plus I plan to make either 1 skirmish map or 1 new game mode for multiplayer that might seem intresting. How long do you think everyone can last starting out with just a builder in a 40x40 map? Maybe just 1 tc.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:44 pm
by Stratego (dev)
i have queried and now we have
paid maps: 256 so -> 1024 gems
all upgarde gemcost: 1011

so we are almost ok

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:49 pm
by General Brave
Any campaigns can work, short, long, complicated or simple.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:35 pm
by Stratego (dev)
some fixes on reported problem in JSONS are uos 20 thanks to Alexander&General
ask Alexander about which is fixed.
thanks!

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:49 pm
by makazuwr32
makazuwr32 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:15 am
Well. This new minimal damage still acts weird.
@Stratego (dev), @Alexander82

My basic quick archer with 5 damage deals to imperial shielder (8 p.armor) 4 damage/shot.
With clear vision effect 6 damage/shot.
Under effect of group attack from ent 7 damage/shot. (All previous effect stacked).
With first tier of bow upgrades 9 damage/shot.

My normal archer deals 10 damage/shot to him with first tier of bow upgrades and under effect of clear vision. But when he is under group attack effect he deals 1 damage.

They haven't any listed bonuses to imperial shielder.

In general if archer of elves has less damage than enemy imperial shielder has armor than he deals more damage.
If he has more damage than enemy has armor than he deals normally his damage lowered by p.armor of enemy.
Still bugged.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:27 am
by Sunrise Samurai
Stratego (dev) wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:44 pm
i have queried and now we have
paid maps: 256 so -> 1024 gems
all upgarde gemcost: 1011

so we are almost ok
Many maps are bugged by poor design, balance changes, etc. and completely unwinnable. Many more are simply too difficult, virtually requiring gem spells to have a chance at winning for all but the most skilled players. I'd consider myself fairly skilled, but I can't win half the campaigns and skirmish maps. Besides, we really need opportunity for around twice as many gems as are required for all upgrades. This problem really is serious, but I think most forumers have won their gems in bet games, paid for them, or earned them by helping develop and test the game. It might help to have some kind of daily login bonus, or a challenge of the day like "produce X number of a certain unit" or "capture X number of tcs" or even "win a random game against 3 allied AI players on hard difficulty" to ease the burden of making maps and give recurring options to earn gems. If the option to watch ads were functioning all the time, it would help too.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:49 am
by Tankhead
Jesus, at this rate update will happen towards the end of the month
Sunrise Samurai wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:27 am
Stratego (dev) wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:44 pm
i have queried and now we have
paid maps: 256 so -> 1024 gems
all upgarde gemcost: 1011

so we are almost ok
Many maps are bugged by poor design, balance changes, etc. and completely unwinnable. Many more are simply too difficult, virtually requiring gem spells to have a chance at winning for all but the most skilled players. I'd consider myself fairly skilled, but I can't win half the campaigns and skirmish maps. Besides, we really need opportunity for around twice as many gems as are required for all upgrades. This problem really is serious, but I think most forumers have won their gems in bet games, paid for them, or earned them by helping develop and test the game. It might help to have some kind of daily login bonus, or a challenge of the day like "produce X number of a certain unit" or "capture X number of tcs" or even "win a random game against 3 allied AI players on hard difficulty" to ease the burden of making maps and give recurring options to earn gems. If the option to watch ads were functioning all the time, it would help too.
I just pay for everything but yes you are right

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:29 am
by Savra
Finally another one who says the same thing I said when I started. With a few extra things I like too. We really need those campaigns and skirmish maps that have been effected by the balance updates.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:40 am
by Stratego (dev)
maps are bugged by poor design, balance changes, etc. and completely unwinnable
please open individual topics for such maps, and if comes out it needs change i will look up the designer and ask to change.

dont forget a good and winnable map can get unwinnable because of just a little AI config change (by General/Alexander) that might produce a better unit (or a new units added) instead of earlier weaker ones.

so these will always change a little as long as we put in new things in this regualrily.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:54 am
by Alexander82
makazuwr32 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:49 pm
makazuwr32 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:15 am
Well. This new minimal damage still acts weird.
@Stratego (dev), @Alexander82

My basic quick archer with 5 damage deals to imperial shielder (8 p.armor) 4 damage/shot.
With clear vision effect 6 damage/shot.
Under effect of group attack from ent 7 damage/shot. (All previous effect stacked).
With first tier of bow upgrades 9 damage/shot.

My normal archer deals 10 damage/shot to him with first tier of bow upgrades and under effect of clear vision. But when he is under group attack effect he deals 1 damage.

They haven't any listed bonuses to imperial shielder.

In general if archer of elves has less damage than enemy imperial shielder has armor than he deals more damage.
If he has more damage than enemy has armor than he deals normally his damage lowered by p.armor of enemy.
Still bugged.
[/quot@Stratego (dev) I think you have to edit the propoerty in the way it always deal powerbase only if the output damage is minor than powerbase.

Also it shouldn't stack with anything (minimum guaranteed damage mustn't be over 4 when you buff the archer).

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:25 am
by Stratego (dev)
changes:
- human assassin can steal techs from tc-s again
- before stealing the "stealable techs" are listed in the dialog (good for testing of the stealing mechanism)
- you can set for any tech a "equivalent" list so you can say X elven tech is the same as the Y dwarf tech, so you can steal with dwarf from an elf TC. (see details in modding section)
- also there is the first steps of easter egg options, there is sample in the shoplist (i am waiting for json from Alexander tough)

uos 10

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:27 pm
by makazuwr32
Orc shaman has power range 4 because of bug.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:31 am
by Sunrise Samurai
Stratego (dev) wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:25 am
changes:
- human assassin can steal techs from tc-s again
- before stealing the "stealable techs" are listed in the dialog (good for testing of the stealing mechanism)
- you can set for any tech a "equivalent" list so you can say X elven tech is the same as the Y dwarf tech, so you can steal with dwarf from an elf TC. (see details in modding section)
- also there is the first steps of easter egg options, there is sample in the shoplist (i am waiting for json from Alexander tough)

uos 10
How exactly do you get the assassin to steal? Might be best to make it an active ability, to make it easier to use.

Also, can you give a tutorial on acquiring easter egg units? Probably include one as a freebie for going through it.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:20 pm
by Savra
Set the assassin nets to the structure and click on the structure, that's about as far as my knowledge goes. Shade can do similar things as assassin except Insta kill.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:32 pm
by Stratego (dev)
in 10 minutes there will be the version i would like to publish today.
so please tell me if there is any flaws needs to be fixed.

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:27 pm
by makazuwr32
Alexander82 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:54 am
makazuwr32 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:49 pm
makazuwr32 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:15 am
Well. This new minimal damage still acts weird.
@Stratego (dev), @Alexander82

My basic quick archer with 5 damage deals to imperial shielder (8 p.armor) 4 damage/shot.
With clear vision effect 6 damage/shot.
Under effect of group attack from ent 7 damage/shot. (All previous effect stacked).
With first tier of bow upgrades 9 damage/shot.

My normal archer deals 10 damage/shot to him with first tier of bow upgrades and under effect of clear vision. But when he is under group attack effect he deals 1 damage.

They haven't any listed bonuses to imperial shielder.

In general if archer of elves has less damage than enemy imperial shielder has armor than he deals more damage.
If he has more damage than enemy has armor than he deals normally his damage lowered by p.armor of enemy.
Still bugged.
@Stratego (dev) I think you have to edit the propoerty in the way it always deal powerbase only if the output damage is minor than powerbase.

Also it shouldn't stack with anything (minimum guaranteed damage mustn't be over 4 when you buff the archer).

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:10 pm
by Stratego (dev)
it is all working since a few updates

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:27 pm
by General Brave
Has anyone have any problems with the transformation things?

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:00 pm
by Stratego (dev)
update:
- an easter egg - tell me if it is hard or easy to find.
- fixes by Alexander on orc shaman, javelineer, goblin batriders

Re: version v1.063

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:02 pm
by General Brave
We have a Easter egg?