version v1.063

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: version v1.063

Post by Stratego (dev) »

General Brave wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:57 am Okay I see why the modded version isn't working, hopefully you can fix what's the problem.
ok, the modding fix is there, please check. (however it is only an attempt - worked for me but there are many device types...)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well. This new minimal damage still acts weird.
@Stratego (dev), @Alexander82

My basic quick archer with 5 damage deals to imperial shielder (8 p.armor) 4 damage/shot.
With clear vision effect 6 damage/shot.
Under effect of group attack from ent 7 damage/shot. (All previous effect stacked).
With first tier of bow upgrades 9 damage/shot.

My normal archer deals 10 damage/shot to him with first tier of bow upgrades and under effect of clear vision. But when he is under group attack effect he deals 1 damage.

They haven't any listed bonuses to imperial shielder.

In general if archer of elves has less damage than enemy imperial shielder has armor than he deals more damage.
If he has more damage than enemy has armor than he deals normally his damage lowered by p.armor of enemy.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Btw, I've been meaning to ask this, how many campaigns and skirmish maps are going to be in this because of you don't have any then all this was for nothing since you 'll only have access to them through map editor. Or paying for gems.
Savra

Post by Savra »

(Speaking of campaigns, I wonder if I can manage to make 50 maps per race, per campaign. In other words:
Human:50 maps-200 gems
Elf:50 maps-200 gems
Orc:50 maps-200 gems
Undead:50 maps-200 gems
Dwarf:50 maps-200 gems
Scaledfolk:50 maps-200 gems
Altogether that he 1200 gems! Enough for all units and most units in the future, and it we need any more I can add to those campaigns an extra 50 each. :D )
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

50 maps per camping? That's a lot, most has about 6 acctualy.
Rather spilt them into few camping. Also you mean you want to make 3000 maps by yourself?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Savra

Post by Savra »

:lol: you must think me crazy, yes I plan to do that the games already complained about my over amount of maps. Course I'll have to make new ones but the hardest part is the terrain and map size. The story comes easily.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Course that's if no one's going to help, that's the idea. 8-)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Ehhh... There is no way you can make that in less than few years in that bug quantity mentaining fine quality, and that if you would spent most of free time doing that.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Savra

Post by Savra »

That's with triggers, if you don't use a lot of triggers the maps won't turn out as badly bugged as some of the campaigns are. Using some simple triggers won't hurt much and if I don't see a.trigger working I just take it out and improvise. As for how long it takes to make a map I just start placing things and checking things to see what fits and what doesnt. This way your gem crisis will be over for quit some time and I'll constantly check all my maps to see if they're doing ok. Plus I plan to make either 1 skirmish map or 1 new game mode for multiplayer that might seem intresting. How long do you think everyone can last starting out with just a builder in a 40x40 map? Maybe just 1 tc.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i have queried and now we have
paid maps: 256 so -> 1024 gems
all upgarde gemcost: 1011

so we are almost ok
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Any campaigns can work, short, long, complicated or simple.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

some fixes on reported problem in JSONS are uos 20 thanks to Alexander&General
ask Alexander about which is fixed.
thanks!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:15 am Well. This new minimal damage still acts weird.

My basic quick archer with 5 damage deals to imperial shielder (8 p.armor) 4 damage/shot.
Under effect of group attack from ent 7 damage/shot. (All previous effect stacked).

My normal archer deals 10 damage/shot to him with first tier of bow upgrades and under effect of clear vision. But when he is under group attack effect he deals 1 damage.

In general if archer of elves has less damage than enemy imperial shielder has armor than he deals more damage.
If he has more damage than enemy has armor than he deals normally his damage lowered by p.armor of enemy.
Still bugged.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:44 pm i have queried and now we have

so we are almost ok
Many maps are bugged by poor design, balance changes, etc. and completely unwinnable. Many more are simply too difficult, virtually requiring gem spells to have a chance at winning for all but the most skilled players. I'd consider myself fairly skilled, but I can't win half the campaigns and skirmish maps. Besides, we really need opportunity for around twice as many gems as are required for all upgrades. This problem really is serious, but I think most forumers have won their gems in bet games, paid for them, or earned them by helping develop and test the game. It might help to have some kind of daily login bonus, or a challenge of the day like "produce X number of a certain unit" or "capture X number of tcs" or even "win a random game against 3 allied AI players on hard difficulty" to ease the burden of making maps and give recurring options to earn gems. If the option to watch ads were functioning all the time, it would help too.
The glorious sun rises again
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Jesus, at this rate update will happen towards the end of the month
Sunrise Samurai wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:27 am
Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:44 pm i have queried and now we have

so we are almost ok
Many maps are bugged by poor design, balance changes, etc. and completely unwinnable. Many more are simply too difficult, virtually requiring gem spells to have a chance at winning for all but the most skilled players. I'd consider myself fairly skilled, but I can't win half the campaigns and skirmish maps. Besides, we really need opportunity for around twice as many gems as are required for all upgrades. This problem really is serious, but I think most forumers have won their gems in bet games, paid for them, or earned them by helping develop and test the game. It might help to have some kind of daily login bonus, or a challenge of the day like "produce X number of a certain unit" or "capture X number of tcs" or even "win a random game against 3 allied AI players on hard difficulty" to ease the burden of making maps and give recurring options to earn gems. If the option to watch ads were functioning all the time, it would help too.
I just pay for everything but yes you are right
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Savra

Post by Savra »

Finally another one who says the same thing I said when I started. With a few extra things I like too. We really need those campaigns and skirmish maps that have been effected by the balance updates.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

maps are bugged by poor design, balance changes, etc. and completely unwinnable
please open individual topics for such maps, and if comes out it needs change i will look up the designer and ask to change.

dont forget a good and winnable map can get unwinnable because of just a little AI config change (by General/Alexander) that might produce a better unit (or a new units added) instead of earlier weaker ones.

so these will always change a little as long as we put in new things in this regualrily.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:49 pm
makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:15 am Well. This new minimal damage still acts weird.

Still bugged.
[/quot@Stratego (dev) I think you have to edit the propoerty in the way it always deal powerbase only if the output damage is minor than powerbase.

Also it shouldn't stack with anything (minimum guaranteed damage mustn't be over 4 when you buff the archer).
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

changes:
- human assassin can steal techs from tc-s again
- before stealing the "stealable techs" are listed in the dialog (good for testing of the stealing mechanism)
- you can set for any tech a "equivalent" list so you can say X elven tech is the same as the Y dwarf tech, so you can steal with dwarf from an elf TC. (see details in modding section)
- also there is the first steps of easter egg options, there is sample in the shoplist (i am waiting for json from Alexander tough)

uos 10
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Orc shaman has power range 4 because of bug.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:25 am changes:
- human assassin can steal techs from tc-s again
- before stealing the "stealable techs" are listed in the dialog (good for testing of the stealing mechanism)
- you can set for any tech a "equivalent" list so you can say X elven tech is the same as the Y dwarf tech, so you can steal with dwarf from an elf TC. (see details in modding section)
- also there is the first steps of easter egg options, there is sample in the shoplist (i am waiting for json from Alexander tough)

uos 10
How exactly do you get the assassin to steal? Might be best to make it an active ability, to make it easier to use.

Also, can you give a tutorial on acquiring easter egg units? Probably include one as a freebie for going through it.
The glorious sun rises again
Savra

Post by Savra »

Set the assassin nets to the structure and click on the structure, that's about as far as my knowledge goes. Shade can do similar things as assassin except Insta kill.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

in 10 minutes there will be the version i would like to publish today.
so please tell me if there is any flaws needs to be fixed.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Alexander82 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:54 am
makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:49 pm

Still bugged.
@Stratego (dev) I think you have to edit the propoerty in the way it always deal powerbase only if the output damage is minor than powerbase.

Also it shouldn't stack with anything (minimum guaranteed damage mustn't be over 4 when you buff the archer).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it is all working since a few updates
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Has anyone have any problems with the transformation things?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

update:
- an easter egg - tell me if it is hard or easy to find.
- fixes by Alexander on orc shaman, javelineer, goblin batriders
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

We have a Easter egg?

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”