FAN maps: Non gem paying maps - IMPLEMENTED

Put here any ideas, suggestions about existing maps, or new maps.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

FAN maps: Non gem paying maps - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I am thinking about removing the FAN maps from the gem paying maps list, leaving only the campaign maps to give gems.
reason: in the app now there are so many maps in campaign too, where there are enough gems to get from there.
And having more then 3 times more gems from all maps than all upgrades cost, decreases the "value" of one gem.

what do u think? would that be super bad for the players?
COOLguy

Re: FAN maps: Non gem paying maps

Post by COOLguy »

I think that is fine. Some FAN maps are super unbalanced being either too long or super easy. It will probably be easier to quality control just the campaign maps.
Thanks!
Josh
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think that they should stay in. Someone might need the extra gems for bet games. The extra gems might become useful for future mega improvements that might cost likr 100 gems and such.
Age of Fantasy design leader
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I think fan maps should stay in. As (like myself) I find most of the long campaign maps can be tedious. So I find myself playing the shorter fans maps alot. Because of this, they have becone me main source of gems.
But I do think that the fan maps should be reduced to only the good ones. As there are alot of unbalanced/broken or boring ones. :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

"good ones" can anyone suggest which FAN maps to be considered good?

please choose only very nice "designed" maps, that has not only grass as terrain, has many things forest/water/desert and so on, and also decorations - so the very nice maps.

and the chosen ones maybe can be transferred to "Fiction maps" section and we can do that fiction maps are gempaying ones, but FAN ones are not.

thanks!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Hmm yes dev maybe you are right. But its time we considered seperating the gems earnt by betting and by winning campaigns
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i did not plan to have more than one "currency" maybe later.
Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:"good ones" can anyone suggest which FAN maps to be considered good?

please choose only very nice "designed" maps, that has not only grass as terrain, has many things forest/water/desert and so on, and also decorations - so the very nice maps.

and the chosen ones maybe can be transferred to "Fiction maps" section and we can do that fiction maps are gempaying ones, but FAN ones are not.

thanks!
We could vote on which map will be moved to the Fiction maps like how we vote each month which unit should be added. I think it should work like this:
1. COOLguy and Daniel (the dev) will both suggest 1 map from the FAN maps.
2. The 2 maps will then be voted by other fourm members.
3. Most voted map get into the Fiction map.

A vote will not happen if COOLguy or Daniel cant find a good map.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Nice way. But what if there are very many maps?
It will waste their time...
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Darkknight

Post by Darkknight »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:Nice way. But what if there are very many maps?
It will waste their time...
While they are playing the Fan maps for fun they will find a very good map which they like. They can then remember that map to suggest it later to the vote. They wont need to search through all the maps.

We could also first decide on maps that shouldnt be in the fiction map to reduce the amount of maps that could be checked.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Instead of that , let dev and CG declare which maps are completely ready as informed by the maker. Then these maps are checked by forummers and then the good selected maps are played by CG or dev and all the suggestions by forummers and CG , dev are sent to him via email. He then revises his map and sends them again which is checked once by CG(not actually by playing,just by looking at the terrain and triggers) and then implemented in the right place

Return to “Maps, campaigns”