Savage Story: Celtics and Hatamoto ANSWERED

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
redtiger7

Savage Story: Celtics and Hatamoto ANSWERED

Post by redtiger7 »

I'm playing the 3rd map of the savage story campaign. Everything is pretty much Celtic Warriors and Hatamotos. But something's not adding up. A Celtic Warrior, with power 7, can kill another Celtic Warrior with one hit. But a Hatamoto, with a power of 10, has to use both hits to kill a Celtic Warrior. Why is it harder for a Hatamoto?
Badnorth

Re: Celtics and Hatamoto

Post by Badnorth »

Celtic warriors were designed to obliterate infantry in cost of bonuses to buildings,health and p.armor...Hatamoto is an infantry so it is at disadvantaged state against celtic warrior and has no bonuses I think to infantry,but is great at destroying buildings & has a decent amount of health.

Did you beat the map ? Im also kinda stuck there.
There is too many enemy hatamoto and celtic warriors.
They just keep spawning.

Celtic warrior has doubled attack to infantry I think.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
redtiger7

Post by redtiger7 »

Ah. Thanks. ANd no I haven't. It's hard to plan for when you don't know what you'll be facing or what units you'll have,and still shoot to finish within x amount of turns.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

It's very hard lol I just tried now to beat it...it may be the hardest campaign.
ProtectorLordGarmin

Post by ProtectorLordGarmin »

It's way too hard, though that may be simply because I don't have celtic warrior upgrade yet and so can't produce any of my own.
Quickly destroying the corner buildings is a must, but the enemy spawns are too big to counter effectively.
The last wave just surrounds you. There's no escaping from them after this point.
Leader of the Aegis Protectorate, the proud Defenders of Ambidia! If you would like some heavy protection, we can do some mercenary work... but such elite warriors come with an elite price.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Yep the last wave is totally a lose...idk why.
Enemy hatamoto has 4 speed and easily catches up to ur allied units.
I think hatamoto might need to be nerfed 4 speed is kinda hard to deal with..
And the last wave is stressful..it seems unbeatable.
Do u mind trying the campaign endru?
@Endru1241
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I beat the campaign.
But I agree it's one of the hardest ones.
Most common tactic to use was getting so close to te enemy, that it didn't have place to put freshly trained units and just kill units one by one closing the distance.
I would have to check this exact map, but on at least few I didn't manage to get 3 stars. I don't even know if it's possible or not, as it would require playing again and all those maps are so long.
Since the last time I played however - siege nerf was implemented, so it may take a littke longer to beat those maps with fortifications.
Age of Strategy design leader
Endru1241

Re: Savage Story: Celtics and Hatamoto

Post by Endru1241 »

Moved the topic to campaigns disscussions.
Also - a correction. I only gotten to map 5. Obviously the comment about siege and beating the campaign was meant for prison planet, on which I have only 2 stars on maps 3, 7 and 12.
Savage story I didn't continue yet because of lack of time.
But 3rd map I beat with 3 stars and no changes to units were made since that time.
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Campaign map discussions”