New campain project and some problems with triggers

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Suoma

New campain project and some problems with triggers

Post by Suoma »

Hello!

So i ve been playing this game for a week now and finding that it is possible to make your own maps is like finding a long lost chocolate right under your pillow :D

As I am now writting on my Phone, that is changing every other english Word into Polish and giving some verbs Big letters God only knows why, i ve been wondering how do you send map to developers? Because i have a lots of great ideas :lol:

first thing i did after finding map editor was... obviosly....making a map... With a loooooooot of triggers... And no...I mean a lot. Right now i have about 40 wich are mostly linked to the Main story. I va got an idea to make a campain when every other unit you control has got its own name(wich i did) strenghts and weaknesses and also own charakter (possible to See in its dialog and actions). Very thrilling feature(for me atleast) are the "small events" For example city is getting atacked. What do you do in this situation? Obviosly you defend the Gates... but if one of your units Goes outside while, ofcourse, opening the Gates, then some enemies get inside. If one of your soldiers die then the rest of them are angry and get bonus ad. If one of villagers die then obviosly he shouts in pain etc. 8-)

IT s a lot of work but i love the idea.

BUT THE MAIN PROBLEM I HAD WITH AND MY GRATEST IDEA!
I would love to make a map when you have multiple choices. For example you can choose to either get some rusty swords to some people giving you lets Say 5 New units or going to blacksmith wich will give all of your mele units +1 atack.
However i stumbled upon a problem. Basically i had 2 triggers that would launch "chain reaction". Moving to area left of your unit would trigger first reaction while disabling the other, when Moving to right would... Do the same but kinda.. The other Way. However the gamę would always pick only the trigger written first totaly ignoring trigger 2. I could send example or even map if i get some Time, Because i Just though "happens" and resigned from the idea this i need to make it again. So if someone is interested in helping me out i will speak more clearly on the matter ;)

Also if someone is interested i the camping wich will end up in enourmous and very strategic battle consisting of THREE MAPS of the same battle(triggers involved) then please, give me some advice :D :)
Supp! My name is Suoma!
Puss_in_Boots

Re: New campain project and some problems with triggers

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

These trigger problems always sound like riddles.

I'm thinking that you might have used the Effect Trigger Deactivate incorrectly for it to work incorrectly. It's very common to give the wrong information to the trigger slots.
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

damn, u r a true genius my friend, even i m thinking of three maps for the same battle in my campaign, count me in watever trigger u need help with, can u describe the conditions and effects u used for the chain triggers?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Suoma

Post by Suoma »

Sure guys! I am at work now do i will try to send you c9py of all the triggers when i do this this or next evening.
Supp! My name is Suoma!
Suoma

Post by Suoma »

godOfKings wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:24 am damn, u r a true genius my friend, even i m thinking of three maps for the same battle in my campaign, count me in watever trigger u need help with, can u describe the conditions and effects u used for the chain triggers?
Basically chain start with any condition. The core of the chain is a number o triggers. Each of them has condition "Player's 1 turn countdown 1 turn". You add sone effects like changing units position, adding something and stuff. Every trigger activates next trigger im chain right to the last one. Thats all :D

However you need to add trigger with condition "Player 1 turn 1 started" in wich you disable all of the triggers in chain So they dont activate on second turn.
Supp! My name is Suoma!
Suoma

Post by Suoma »

godOfKings wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:24 am damn, u r a true genius my friend, even i m thinking of three maps for the same battle in my campaign, count me in watever trigger u need help with, can u describe the conditions and effects u used for the chain triggers?
Also i would be very thankfully if you could think of a trigger that activates when every unit dies.

For example you have 12 units. If they all die (all or most of them) then trigger activates. At the same Time a trigger that activates when your units die( most of them) and makes the enemy units disabled.

I really need these triggers for the last epic battle as i would like to make a decision making one where you choose what to do with your army with triggers. Like you know, you have an unit made of 12 pikers and you choose, either to strenght en left flank, to launch an frontal staćk or to leave them where they are in case of enemy cavalry atack :D

God damn this will be hard to make :lol:
Supp! My name is Suoma!
Suoma

Post by Suoma »

Puss_in_Boots wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:13 pm These trigger problems always sound like riddles.

I'm thinking that you might have used the Effect Trigger Deactivate incorrectly for it to work incorrectly. It's very common to give the wrong information to the trigger slots.
The problem with trigger has been solved. As you said i accidentaly disabled wrong trigger :?
Thank you for help though! If you want to help with triggers or making maps i would be thankfull!
Supp! My name is Suoma!
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I love it when I'm right! :idea:
I will have to download latest version to try out that map I think.
OLÉ
Moh556

Post by Moh556 »

i have a problem i created map an it says:
first play thr map for sending it to market :?:
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

It means you have to play your map in own maps from campaign section.
OLÉ
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

After you finish the game once, play the map again (don't finish it !!). Then you can submit it.

Return to “Campaign map discussions”