Battle of lake Vadimo

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
getfreur

Battle of lake Vadimo

Post by getfreur »

I made this battle based on the battle of lake Vadimo that happened during the time Rome-Etrucian war, not much information about this battle remained, but was the biggest engagement during the Roman conquest of the Italian peninsula, Gauls joined the etrucian with the dream to defeat Rome and sack Rome again and as this battle happened before the first war against Carthage, the Roman are still new in warfare so they did not had the auxiliary or major Cavalry units.

Please give me your opinions about the map so I can improve.
Attachments
The battle
The battle
screensh.png (345.34 KiB) Viewed 4190 times
Lordaeron Will rise again!!
godOfKings

Re: Battle of lake Vadimo

Post by godOfKings »

Who won in actual war?

About Ur map I m not sure but it seems like the romans r likely to lose especially against the Viking berserker
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
getfreur

Post by getfreur »

The Romans won the battle, but the information about the aftermath it's debatable, some say with heavy loses and the Roman commander died too, other say that was a major victory and both leaders of gauls and etrucian forces died.

I played the map at 3 times, victory in all with 2 major casualties and the last one half the army, it's give much space for strategy in this map, like moving your main infantry and cavalry to support the line or to fallback and reform your battle lines, for me was very enjoyable.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

did u send it to the dev to b implemnted as historical battle? i will know betr after i try the game myself, dont spoil the strategy u used b4 we even try the game :lol:
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

godOfKings wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:33 pm did u send it to the dev to b implemnted as historical battle? i will know betr after i try the game myself, dont spoil the strategy u used b4 we even try the game :lol:
I can't agree with you more. :lol:
getfreur

Post by getfreur »

Just send it.
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Amazing betfreur!!! Can you help me to make the sige of Vienna?
~Gral.Sturnn
getfreur

Post by getfreur »

Sure, just open a separate topic for it with the information.
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Sure
~Gral.Sturnn
Gral.Sturnn

Post by Gral.Sturnn »

Sure
~Gral.Sturnn
Gral.Sturnn