Campaign: Paths of Rome

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
HokanPL

Campaign: Paths of Rome

Post by HokanPL »

Do you like my campaign? Any suggestions? Maybe you have some ideas for the storyline, I have too but I can modify my plans a bit ;)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Campaign: Paths of Rome

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I like it! AWESAME MAP designs you do! i welcome any maps from you!

I also invite you to make some AOF maps, they are needed to launch the AOF version!
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Thank you. I will think about it when I will end Paths of Rome. Fourth map ready in 90%
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

And i must mention to all other forumers: these maps are a good example how to use decoration nicely and realistically, wonderful maps (my opinion).
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

The campaign is great!

Only thing is that on the second map, it is almost impossible to get past the bosses with the centurion to the escape path. You have to sneak in enough legionaires as a distraction before moving the centurion in. And if you are doing that, you may as well kill all the enemies while the bosses are disabled.
Thanks!
Josh
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Ok, thanks! In a free time I will try to correct it. Maybe some destroyable black stones to make the bosses slower and ... well... much more triggers to activate enemies
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Thanks! I played the third map last night. It was very enjoyable! Your story lines are very strong.

And I forgot to mention above: the second map was very fun too; I could feel the suspense as i approached the circle of fire. :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

The 1st and 3 rd maps were easy Yet nice. The second map was quite interesting and i hope soon i will win it :D
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Fifth map ready in 40%. I'm working on improved, more friendly version of second map.

What about the fourth one?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Uhh actually i am trying to play the 4th map but the game crashes after 3 turns always
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Yes, I have the same problem. What is interesting, the same map in Own maps is working without problems.
I have sent error report to Daniel
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ohh interesting... waiting eagerly to try it further

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:Uhh actually i am trying to play the 4th map but the game crashes after 3 turns always
it was my fault, it is fixed and up on server.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok thanks

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Fifth map designing-80% (only some triggers)
Second map corrections-50%

I'm going to send it to Daniel this week.
And I have an idea for mission 6. You will be shocked :D
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Sorry hp but i did not quite like map 4. (Yes i finally tested it)
Reason: 1.we act as spectators and nothing more. Everything is done by our allies.
2. It gets over within 15 turns(you have alloted 40 turns for it)
3.it does not meet the level you created by map 2
Its good you are making map 2 more user friendly as i was unable to figure much of it for the first few times

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

So, your suggestion is to make fourth map harder? Less allies? Maybe inactive towns in the village (well, you murdered everybody in previous mission)? And maybe delete triggers with reinforcements after killing healer and with a win after killing shadow warrior (you should kill everybody) ?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

The shadow warrior can be killed only with about 4 horses or so. Maybe you can remove the boulder blocking the enemy .that would make the player not to leave tc ungaurded
Yes decrease the no. Of allies.
And dont remove the trigger. Just change it so that reinforcements from our sides (another 3x3 legionry battalion commanded by a spartan ) arrive to help as soon as the healer is killed. That should make the map good enough. And reduce the turn limit to 20

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Ok, I will correct it. But no more legionaries, more Roman soldiers will be in the future - seventh, eight mission? We are deep in Barbarian teritory :)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Then try to give some barbarian units to command to that player.(maybe the re inforcements?)

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Confirmed. I'll change that too
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Nice. Waiting for map 6

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Daniel, did you add updated maps 2 and 4, and new fifth map?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry, i dont remember :)
but if u have sent me and i answered anything than: yes.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Map 5 :excellent work hp!!!
Very nice triggering
Difficult to keep centurion alive and 1 problem:i dont get it how to read a school sign cannot get any further than entering inside after killing spartans.all ways remain blocked and cant get any further

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

I will check it this week. Thanks!
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

There is no problem. Last school sign is only as design :P You can win with Centurion standing near the last fireplace.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

No after killing the spartans with the catapult i gather around the fireplace which transports me to a place blocked on all sides after which i cannot go further as i dont know what to do. It says sometimes to read the scoolsign whenever i come near one but i have no clue how to.clearly i am missing something

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Hmmm... Anybody has the same problem? I don't have but I'll check triggers one more time? I know place you're talking about.
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

After standing near school sign with centurion way should be unlocked - you must reach next fireplace with him, destroying black stones on your way.

Next map ready 90%, sorry for so long time but hard beginnings of studies and I have my own fan-website to administrate. And I won a game on internarional competition, my 2D art was one of first 13 in the world :)

AND MY MOD FOR C&C 3 IS STARTING ON MODDB.COM NEXT TUESDAY!!! :D

Return to “Campaign map discussions”