Age of Nyadhos!

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
COOLguy

Age of Nyadhos!

Post by COOLguy »

Hello all! I am working on a new campaign: "Age of Nyadhos"! :) It is to be a sequel of the campaign "Nyadhos Strategy", beginning in the succeeding spring where "Nyadhos Strategy" left off. I am very excited about this; and, of course, I want to hear what you all think! :) So if you can post below all comments or questions about these campaigns, I would appreciate it.

I need testers! :) I will post which maps are ready for testing, so if you can then try them out and let me know three things, I would be grateful.
1) Which attempt (is it your first time trying the particular map?)
2) Victory or Defeat
3) Number of turns completed
4) Suggested number of "star levels" (how many turns to earn 4 stars)
5) Any thoughts or suggestions on the map :)

Thanks in advance!

"...the rebels are being supplied as we speak. Stroke of diplomatic success nothing! No man can be persuaded of anything, all weigh every offer on the scales of gain....

...but what if there were other sentiments - of loyalty, of honor, of strength. Such could bring peace, and the Age of Nyadhos"
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Re: Age of Nyadhos!

Post by COOLguy »

Map 1 (A New Dawn) and Map 2 (How the Wolves Howl) are ready for testing to all who would be interested. (All that is lacking are a few cosmetic fixes)
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Maps 1-4 are completely ready. Please let me know your thoughts on them. :)
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Maps 5-9 can be tested now.
Thanks!
Josh
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

Map 1,
1) first attempt
2) victory
3) 16 turns
4) i think it's possible under 15 turns, but i haven't tried it
5) Once, when i shot an enemy heavy knight, it caused an avalache. Is that normal? :)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Thank you!
draakjee wrote:5) Once, when i shot an enemy heavy knight, it caused an avalache. Is that normal? :)
Did you kill it with a catapult? and maybe the splash damage destroyed a rock? Otherwise that was an accident. :D

Maps 8-9 will be up on the server with changes. (I accidently made one of the teams neutral :P ) These are the "melee maps" I had fun building them. :)
Thanks!
Josh
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

I didn't even killed the knight, i only hit him with a (horse) archer :P
Btw, I really liked the avalanche-idea,

I've also tested map 2, that was a little bit tough, because i lost almost all my halberdiers in the first few turns,

1) first try
2) Victory
3) 73 turns :(
4) i probably cleared it really slow, so i think 40 or 50 turns should be possible
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

avalanche: thanks! :)

So map 2 is harder? good! ;)
Thanks!
Josh
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

also tried map 3:

1) first attempt
2) victory
3) 30 turns
4) ... 30 turns :P
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

A few changes to map 1.
All maps are ready for publishing! (I hope) :P

HUGE thank you to draakjee and balint for their help in testing/suggestions! :)
Thanks!
Josh
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

i also did map 4 and 5, but i can't remember how many turns i needed...

i needed to restart map 4 once, because first i was building catapults with my workers. I didn't knew those trebuchet would appear , maybe you should notify us :P
or is that supposed to be like that?
Last edited by draakjee on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Map 4: hehe ;) I kinda hinted at it, but never really told you. :P I wondered if maybe I should tell the player, but then I decided not to say it so plain - then the player can play the level twice to get 3 stars. :)
Thanks!
Josh
balavian

Post by balavian »

Hi,

it's just to say I think there is a problem as the 3 stars max turns is higher than 2 stars max turns. (v1.007)

still good maps! ;)
I think the 2nd one is harder than 1st and 3th one.

many thanks,
balavian.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Oops! :)

lol ok thank you for letting me know. I will email Daniel, and it will be fixed for version 1.008. :)
Thanks!
Josh
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

lol, i thought it was intended, because you wanted us to test the maps first (and try out in how many turns we could clear it) :P
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

At first, yes. :)

But I forgot to change it *facepalm*. :)

These first four are published on GP with the wrong stars. :P
Thanks!
Josh
jelle10123

Post by jelle10123 »

Im stuck at the level how the wolves howl(lvl2)
I've used over 500 turns killing horses so clearly that isnt the way to win lol. Do you need to rush through it or is there an other stratery?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

The basic strategy is to use the chokepoints in the mountains to hold their cavalry in place. Use the Templar to absorb their attacks (they can heal later) and then the halberdiers to finish them off. Limit the amount of places the horses can attack your Templar, so try to only have one "side" exposed to enemies.

While the Templar are holding the enemies at bay you can use your catapult at the same time to weaken them. The catapult along with the elephant and samurai can be loaded onto the wagon and used to help destroy towers.

The horses are triggered whenever you get near them. So the strategy to use is containment of threats. Hold one of your "fronts" while focusing on destroying the other and them shift the weight of your forces on the next target.

The enemy has stables to produce new units, but you have Templar to save your units. Try not to lose any of yours.

Is that helpful?
Thanks!
Josh
jelle10123

Post by jelle10123 »

I've created a chokepoint so none of my troops die, but the horses keep coming in massive numbers so i cannot push further without losing most of my troops. Ive reached the section that splits into 2 paths but after that my army died because of the centurions, horses and elephants all coming from other sides. This is the most difficult map ive played on this game lol.

What is my first goal to complete here, is it entering the place where the horses come out while fending of centurions?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I have not played it since the centurions have been implemented. I think they are a touch op :( but I will try it as soon as I can find time and make sure it is still winnable.

After the first choke point you enter the main part where the path branches. This will trigger more horsemen attacks. Try to place your men in a bit of "formation" to protect them (giving low surface area to your formation).

To win within the time limit you have to split your forces and destroy the bottom and right bases simultaneously. After the first mounted attacks have been destroyed there are not too many enemies to oppose you. The elephant and samurai work well together, as do the catapult and wagon. Just send along a few halberdiers or Templar to protect them from a random knight or elephant they might produce.

While doing that, use the rest of your men to hold off all attacks from the north. Then clear out the base to the northeast and finally the northwest.
Thanks!
Josh
jelle10123

Post by jelle10123 »

Yeah the problem with centurions is that they can 1-hit-kill my halbertiers which is quite devastating
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes, it has gotten much harder. I just tried it and lost :( for the first time :( :(

I will keep trying until I win though.
Thanks!
Josh
jelle10123

Post by jelle10123 »

Well good luck on winning then :D
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Okay finally I have conquered it! :D

I even recorded it and posted it on YouTube https://youtu.be/0s4iIlBOxW4?list=PLY2k ... geLOrQ300Q
Thanks!
Josh
Kalistra

Post by Kalistra »

COOLguy wrote:Okay finally I have conquered it! :D

I even recorded it and posted it on YouTube https://youtu.be/0s4iIlBOxW4?list=PLY2k ... geLOrQ300Q
I cannot replicate your results on the video! I have tried repeatedly and they upgrade very quickly to heavy knights. I keep trying your approach but just cannot seem to make much headway. I get the method of chokepoints, but it just does not seem doable after they upgrade, please help!
Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. -Sun Tzu's Art of War
Kalistra

Post by Kalistra »

I am also stuck on "those rebels". Seems that no matter how cautiously I approach it, they are just bringing too much heat! Lol. By the time I take the second tc, I'm low on troops and then to add further insult, here come the elephants!
Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. -Sun Tzu's Art of War
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

"Those Rebels" map is really challenging.I failed in 4 times and finally win in 5 times.Just try few more times. :D
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Yes, the AI has gotten smarter since then.

How the Wolves Howl has probably gotten harder since the AI now upgrades their units. I can re-balance it either by giving the player's catapult area damage, or not allowing the AI to upgrade.

Those Rebels has probably also gotten harder. I think the best way to win is to spread your forces a little to take three of the towns at the beginning... but it has been too long since I played it. :)
So mostly:
tamtam12345 wrote:"Those Rebels" map is really challenging.I failed in 4 times and finally win in 5 times.Just try few more times. :D
Yeah just keep trying :P

If I find a bit of extra time, I might try to win these maps again.
Thanks!
Josh
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
You campaign had its 1 year birthday today :-)

Excact a year ago you opened this topic.

Patroid
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

That is awesome!

I totally remembered it too. :P
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Campaign map discussions”