Trials: Arena of Heroes

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Alex486

Trials: Arena of Heroes

Post by Alex486 »

Too easy. First 5 rounds where done on 3,3,4,5,5 turns. Gem reward in full starts at 20 turns.

Round 6 was the hardest. Hero actually died on.first attempt. On second attempt completed in 9 turns.

Round 8 was longest at 17 turns.
Anything is feasible with enough money and power.

Get ready to get your teeth kicked in, it will make for a good education.
balint

Re: Trials: Arena of Heroes

Post by balint »

Hi,
The triggering is ready with this campaign. please pm me on forum if the campaign is way too easy.
This is Hungary and winter is coming.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Where's Kirk? (and do you need more heroes?)
Thanks!
Josh
balint

Post by balint »

No thanks. This campaign is played with simple units.

And Kirk mentioned nearly a year? before that he can't continue because of network.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

oh ok.
Thanks!
Josh
balint

Post by balint »

:oops: I messed up... This is the other arena campaign :) I do nothing with it :)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Ohhhhh. Deptusi's? :)
Is Kirk still gone? He came back for about a week a few months ago to make his campaign.
Thanks!
Josh
Alanm_25

Post by Alanm_25 »

Hi!
I play this campaign.
The first level are some easy, but it's funny anywhere
=)X
TheBluePhoenix

arena of heroes

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Whoever has created this series has thought of a good concept but forgot about everything else. I mean that all rounds except 6 are super easy and are completed within 10 turns. There is no strategy in any of the rounds. They all are very easy to play except the 6 th one. Any body who has completed it please tell me how you killed all the archers . I suggest somebody to look into all the maps and balance them. Especially round 1 and 2
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

ejm29

Re: arena of heroes

Post by ejm29 »

I beat round six, but it was pretty tricky.
You have to take out each group individualy, and not let them gang up on you.
Using this strategy I managed to beat it (after ALOT of trying) ;)

Ps, I agree that most of the rounds are super easy. It probably does need some more balancing.
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I tried it but always 2 archers got left. Anyways thanks :)
Yes it surely needs balancing
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

BluePhoenix: would u make them a good campaign?
(also merged to the existing thread)
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Was Kirk the creator of the campaign? I chatted with him a while back. He said it was supposed to be a learning campaign: starting easy and getting harder. But it is not published yet, right? (On Google Play)

So Kirk is still busy?
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i have not heard of him since his last update. so i think busy, or lost interest.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Yes i would like to. But i am kinda new about all this so i may also need some experinced help :P
Maybe coolguy who is refining all the maps can help me

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Great! This will be a good campaign! I'm glad you are able to fix it - it will finally be published. I will be glad to help if you need it. Actually, these are probably the only tips I have.
-Keep it like Kirk wanted (starting easy and getting harder)
-A map can be made hard by making the star level hard (even if the map is itself small and easy, like the Gorgon Delight first campaign maps)
-Don't quit on us! :)

So have fun balancing and fixing! :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok thanks. But do i just correct and balance tha map by giving you ppl ideas or myself implement them and make maps? The problem is i am still learning to make maps and am taking a lot of time even to design a 20/20 map :oops:

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Umm Idk. I think you can go ahead and implement them and send them to Daniel, but you don't need to completely remake them. Use the game editor from the maps already in the campaign. if you don't have access to this editor (where you can edit maps already in the game), ask Daniel if he will give you access to it.
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ummm. Ok thanks

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

1st and 4 th map replaced check them out

Speedo

Post by Speedo »

How do I unlock this?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Get the dev version
It is still not ready and a bit unbalanced towards the end but the starting maps are pretty much fine.
As the original creator went on a long leave, i have been given duty to remake this originally way too easy campaign.
At present i am not in a position to complete it so you might not like the campaign after the first 5 maps(after that it becomes increasingly boring and exponentially difficult)
Anyways, you can expect a public release in about t minus 4 months

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Let's just cut the campaign down to 6 maps. 12 is too long a campaign for the same map terrain.
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

No actually i had a story in mind and so i will change the map completely after say 6 maps maybe?

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Maybe. But let's go ahead and make it ready to publish as a 6 map campaign and then add in your other 6 later. Is that a good idea?
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Yeah sure. Actually the first five maps or so were well balanced after extensive responses from u guys hence they can be published. The only thing remaining is addition of storyline which i now intend to do using triggering which i did not know earlier.I can add that later on.The reviews to the changed maps are under the topic " arena of heroes - reinforced "
What do you think dev?
I am perfectly fine with coolguy's idea though i feel ppl will have a wierd feeling playing a campaign without story for the first time

Return to “Campaign map discussions”